Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284937 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1485 on: March 12, 2019, 09:53:50 PM »
Then they will revoke Article 50.

Parliament is split and cannot agree anything which renders the default position the only possible outcome. On 29 March the UK will be ejected from the EU regardless of all those Parliamentary tossers.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1486 on: March 12, 2019, 10:00:40 PM »
Parliament is split and cannot agree anything which renders the default position the only possible outcome. On 29 March the UK will be ejected from the EU regardless of all those Parliamentary tossers.
We’ll see...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1487 on: March 12, 2019, 10:04:30 PM »

I once used the phrase " couldn't give a toss" on the now extinguished Sky forum and was heaped abuse for using such language and told I was a disgrace to my profession for using such language.
However your description of Westminster is very appropriate.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1488 on: March 12, 2019, 10:06:06 PM »
We’ll see...
Hopefully sense will prevail.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1489 on: March 13, 2019, 12:29:06 AM »
I keep on hoping I will wake up from this insane dream I'm having.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1490 on: March 13, 2019, 06:26:58 AM »
Then they will revoke Article 50.

Thereby demonstraing that they have no more respect for the electorate or for democracy than the Rulers of the Democratic Republic of Congo;

"By ignoring the will of the people, Congo’s rulers invite mayhem"
https://www.economist.com/leaders/2019/01/26/the-world-should-not-recognise-congos-stolen-election
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1491 on: March 13, 2019, 07:15:38 AM »
Thereby demonstraing that they have no more respect for the electorate or for democracy than the Rulers of the Democratic Republic of Congo;

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2019/01/26/the-world-should-not-recognise-congos-stolen-election
It will be mayhem if we crash out without a deal in two weeks time.  The country is not prepared for that.  Whatever course of action is taken now it will cause mayhem, perhaps that’s what the ERG wanted all along. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1492 on: March 13, 2019, 08:13:06 AM »

Who says they are ignoring the will of the people... It's been some time since the vote.... The will of tbe people may have changed

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1493 on: March 13, 2019, 08:44:16 AM »
Who says they are ignoring the will of the people... It's been some time since the vote.... The will of tbe people may have changed

It doesn't matter what the people think now.What matters is what they said they wanted when they were asked. That's how a democratic process works. One person one vote one result.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1494 on: March 13, 2019, 10:14:24 AM »
It doesn't matter what the people think now.What matters is what they said they wanted when they were asked. That's how a democratic process works. One person one vote one result.

In your opinion.. You say parliament need to enforce the will of the people... Yet you dint know what that will is.... Things have changed... Perhaps the will of the peoples changed

Offline Carana

« Reply #1495 on: March 13, 2019, 11:11:13 AM »
I keep on hoping I will wake up from this insane dream I'm having.

You're not alone...

Offline Carana

« Reply #1496 on: March 13, 2019, 11:12:01 AM »
It will be mayhem if we crash out without a deal in two weeks time.  The country is not prepared for that.  Whatever course of action is taken now it will cause mayhem, perhaps that’s what the ERG wanted all along.

Ditto.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1497 on: March 13, 2019, 11:17:32 AM »
In your opinion.. You say parliament need to enforce the will of the people... Yet you dint know what that will is.... Things have changed... Perhaps the will of the peoples changed

Agree.

If people voted for a nice green park in a city centre, then discovered that the company in charge of it was about to dump toxic waste underneath it, should the plan go ahead, or should people be consulted again now that there is more information on which to base a more informed opinion?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1498 on: March 13, 2019, 12:26:37 PM »
Agree.

If people voted for a nice green park in a city centre, then discovered that the company in charge of it was about to dump toxic waste underneath it, should the plan go ahead, or should people be consulted again now that there is more information on which to base a more informed opinion?

Excellent analogy.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1499 on: March 13, 2019, 12:38:58 PM »
 The EU are reluctant to allow the UK to participate in the EU Elections and then Brexit. Those Elections begin on 23rd May; ten weeks away. It takes ten weeks minimum to organise another vote by the UK population. I think the 'People's Vote' ship may have sunk.
Result = happy posting.