Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284919 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1920 on: July 25, 2019, 09:11:45 PM »
Is this what you wanted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCAjY0U8zLw

NB: A wink to Alice, wherever he is...

I'm just fascinated by the behaviour of our politicians at the minute. All of them saying they put the good of the country first when it's clear that they put themselves first imo.

Dear Alice...RIP
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1921 on: July 26, 2019, 11:53:27 AM »
Well, another three months of entertainment while Boris tries to bulldoze Brexit through.
you must be pleased as he has promised it will definitely happen deal or no deal, plus we will all have cake to eat. @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1922 on: July 26, 2019, 06:04:11 PM »
you must be pleased as he has promised it will definitely happen deal or no deal, plus we will all have cake to eat. @)(++(*

At least he understands it will damage our democracy if he desn't deliver what the people voted for.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1923 on: July 26, 2019, 09:04:08 PM »
At least he understands it will damage our democracy if he desn't deliver what the people voted for.
Yes, far better to damage the country instead of course.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #1924 on: July 27, 2019, 09:15:24 AM »
The new First Secretary of State and Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth has solved the backstop isssue: no customs border down the Red Sea. 
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson_MP/status/1154830914716884993

Could someone offer him a, erm, map?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1925 on: July 27, 2019, 10:14:53 AM »
Yes, far better to damage the country instead of course.

You think ditching democracy isn't damaging? It makes the UK no better than a tin pot dictatorship. I value integrity more than monetary gain.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1926 on: July 27, 2019, 04:30:09 PM »
You think ditching democracy isn't damaging? It makes the UK no better than a tin pot dictatorship. I value integrity more than monetary gain.
Who is talking about monetary gain?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1927 on: July 28, 2019, 01:20:27 AM »

A takeover by the ERG, coupled with Farages's new US-based fundraising "World4Brexit" with the ubiquitous Bannon seems a lot more like a tin-pot democcraccy to me... Who voted ffor wheree the UK is now?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1928 on: July 28, 2019, 09:29:30 AM »
A takeover by the ERG, coupled with Farages's new US-based fundraising "World4Brexit" with the ubiquitous Bannon seems a lot more like a tin-pot democcraccy to me... Who voted ffor wheree the UK is now?

My view is very simple. The people voted to leave the EU. For reasons of their own our politcians have fought tooth abd nail to prevent us leaving.

We now appear to have a government determined to deliver what the people voted for.

How they achieve that is up to them, but if they manage it they have complied with the result of a democratic process, which is what democracy is all about.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1929 on: July 28, 2019, 12:24:23 PM »
My view is very simple. The people voted to leave the EU. For reasons of their own our politcians have fought tooth abd nail to prevent us leaving.

We now appear to have a government determined to deliver what the people voted for.

How they achieve that is up to them, but if they manage it they have complied with the result of a democratic process, which is what democracy is all about.

Indeed!  This is why I am not influenced by other peoles take on political issues which are important. Political satire, scandal seeking, name calling,point scoring are all childish pathetic behaviour unwoethy of the hard working tax paying citizens of the UK.

We really do not have a proper democracy- we have sock puppets who pander to the unelected elites agendas.
Oh I hear you cry 'say it aint so'.

Bojo may well be a bafoon, court jester, philanderer, serial adulterer and much more besides. His private life is nothing to to with anyone! However, what he has above the others is:  He fights for the causes with integrity and enthusiasm and he KNOWS the difference between migrants comming to work here legally, and mass unchecked mostly single male  immigration.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1930 on: July 29, 2019, 06:14:56 AM »
Indeed!  This is why I am not influenced by other peoles take on political issues which are important. Political satire, scandal seeking, name calling,point scoring are all childish pathetic behaviour unwoethy of the hard working tax paying citizens of the UK.

We really do not have a proper democracy- we have sock puppets who pander to the unelected elites agendas.

Bojo may well be a bafoon, court jester, philanderer, serial adulterer and much more besides. His private life is nothing to to with anyone! However, what he has above the others is:  He fights for the causes with integrity and enthusiasm and he KNOWS the difference between migrants comming to work here legally, and mass unchecked mostly single male  immigration.
What do you reckon to his promise to give amnesty to our illegal immigrants? 

Offline Carana

« Reply #1931 on: July 29, 2019, 07:24:54 AM »

He wrote this plea to remain two days before switching camp.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnsons-article-backing-britains-future-in-the-eu-a3370296.html

And this "mass unchecked mostly single male  immigration" is by citizens of which EU country?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 07:39:28 AM by Carana »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1932 on: July 29, 2019, 03:12:40 PM »
I just had to steal this from a friend’s facebook page:

“It's mad that we're heading for the most extreme and damaging Brexit after a slim majority of 52 vs 48. Imagine if remain had won 52 vs 48 and that was taken as a mandate for some extreme version of remain; join the Euro, demand everyone speak German as a first language, wine and cheese for dinner every day, compulsory siestas, cannabis cafes on every street. Any complaints and we'd just be all "Nein, es ist der Wille des Volkes".

I think I've defeated my own point here actually, it sounds amazing”.

« Reply #1933 on: July 31, 2019, 07:24:38 PM »

He wrote this plea to remain two days before switching camp.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnsons-article-backing-britains-future-in-the-eu-a3370296.html

And this "mass unchecked mostly single male  immigration" is by citizens of which EU country?

Oh seriously!
Stop trying to put all immigration as the same. There are legal ways to enter the EU and find work IF that is what some 'immigrants want'. HOWEVER  there are ILLEGAL immigrantswho jump of rafts- head through EU countries and land here claiming asylum-  get up to all sorts of criminality.

Breaking the law and breaking the asylum remit. Which is- go to the first safe country. UK is no where near Iraq. Iran. Africa.?    They throw away their passports to stop them being deported  a determined bunch of criminals IMO.

Italians are getting fed up with the invasion of tens of thousands landing on their doorstep every year!

« Reply #1934 on: July 31, 2019, 07:28:03 PM »
I just had to steal this from a friend’s facebook page:

“It's mad that we're heading for the most extreme and damaging Brexit after a slim majority of 52 vs 48. Imagine if remain had won 52 vs 48 and that was taken as a mandate for some extreme version of remain; join the Euro, demand everyone speak German as a first language, wine and cheese for dinner every day, compulsory siestas, cannabis cafes on every street. Any complaints and we'd just be all "Nein, es ist der Wille des Volkes".

I think I've defeated my own point here actually, it sounds amazing”.

They have cheap flights- bon voyage! 8**8:/: My brother lives there...

Your friend touched on a valid point.  Majority voted to leave!