Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284919 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #2145 on: December 14, 2019, 10:41:16 PM »

I have been on the verge of hysterics for the last two days.  But it was the Anti Semitism that got me.  I can understand most differences, but never that one.  And No, I am not a Jew.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2146 on: December 14, 2019, 10:56:43 PM »
I would have thought even those numpties would have realised no-one's listening. (except you, of course)
What on earth are you on about? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2147 on: December 14, 2019, 10:58:38 PM »
IMO people who don’t vote have no right to criticise those of us that do, regardless of who or what they vote for.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2148 on: December 14, 2019, 11:16:51 PM »
G-Unit has referred to Remainers (she knows I voted remain) as both “Remoaners” and “Numpties” this evening and tells them to “shut up”.  I thought this bastion of civility did not condone abuse?  True colours showing, and from a woman who didn’t even bother to vote at all. 

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #2149 on: December 14, 2019, 11:40:46 PM »
I have been on the verge of hysterics for the last two days.  But it was the Anti Semitism that got me.  I can understand most differences, but never that one.  And No, I am not a Jew.

It was the [ censored word]emitism that got to me as well (and no, I am not Jewish either, although some of my family are). If it had not been for that, I would have voted Labour, and I bet there were a number of other people who felt the same way.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2150 on: December 15, 2019, 12:25:53 AM »
It was the [ censored word]emitism that got to me as well (and no, I am not Jewish either, although some of my family are). If it had not been for that, I would have voted Labour, and I bet there were a number of other people who felt the same way.

This is what I believe, although I have never voted Labour.  My family never quite forgave me for that.  So it hasn't all been about Brexit.  But no one wants to talk about that.

Communism for Britain?  I don't care.  I don't live in England.  And France has always ignored Brussels when it suited them.

The French Health System is actually the best in the World.  My contribution is minuscule due to my awful British State Pension.  And if you are genuinely poor then you don't pay anything.  There are No Waiting Lists for anything.

However, I have never had to make use of it.  Either because I am disgustingly healthy, or because I don't need a Doctor to tell me how to deal with things that are largely obvious.

I have always believed that The EU is bad for Britain.  The EU has always taken the piss.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2151 on: December 15, 2019, 12:37:09 AM »

PS.  My stepmother was Jewish, and much as I loathed the horrible old cow, I saw the fear and the fact that she pretended that my half brother wasn't a Jew.  And that was in 1950.  She wasn't wrong.  The Labour Party that she supported have turned on her and my Brother.  I hope that she isn't turning in her grave.

There is always much more to family differences than first seem apparent.  I am sick to my stomach with Corbyn.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #2152 on: December 15, 2019, 08:10:31 AM »
PS.  My stepmother was Jewish, and much as I loathed the horrible old cow, I saw the fear and the fact that she pretended that my half brother wasn't a Jew.  And that was in 1950.  She wasn't wrong.  The Labour Party that she supported have turned on her and my Brother.  I hope that she isn't turning in her grave.

There is always much more to family differences than first seem apparent.  I am sick to my stomach with Corbyn.

I am disgusted that he went into a General Election without having sorted out the [ censored word]emitism taint that is pervading his party.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2153 on: December 15, 2019, 11:04:17 AM »

I am disgusted that he went into a General Election without having sorted out the [ censored word]emitism taint that is pervading his party.

He just kept quiet and hoped it would go away.  It didn't.  A lot of people will remember this, and they aren't all Jews.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2154 on: December 17, 2019, 06:26:56 PM »
Thoughts?

Boris Johnson’s senior adviser claimed process of making non-MPs government ministers could be done ‘very, very quickly’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-cummings-house-of-lords-ministers-nicky-morgan-boris-johnson-a9250031.html

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2155 on: December 22, 2019, 10:39:30 PM »
Thoughts?

Boris Johnson’s senior adviser claimed process of making non-MPs government ministers could be done ‘very, very quickly’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-cummings-house-of-lords-ministers-nicky-morgan-boris-johnson-a9250031.html

A glimpse of things to come.

The only thing in my opinion that is worse than Boris Johnson being prime minister is Boris Johnson being prime minister with an unassailable majority.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2156 on: December 23, 2019, 07:34:15 AM »

The only thing in my opinion that is worse than Boris Johnson being prime minister is Boris Johnson being prime minister with an unassailable majority.

You do surprise me.  But since my opinion is from a distance it is difficult for me to really know.

Britain was going downhill before I left 25 years ago and only got worse after that.  At least I now have some small hope for the country of my birth.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2157 on: December 23, 2019, 11:20:37 AM »

Boris Johnson has an unassailable majority because of the disgraceful behaviour of our MP's over the last few years.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2158 on: December 23, 2019, 01:39:18 PM »
Boris Johnson has an unassailable majority because of the disgraceful behaviour of our MP's over the last few years.

AND  I would add to that, the total lack of empathy for people who were bringing community issues to their attention and being ignored or called names, mostly driven by the 'celebrity tw..ters'. Who's opinions were outed as meanigless, via a mass 'silent' majority. otherwise referred to as the uneducated- great unwashed.
they were $6(& hahaha
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2159 on: December 23, 2019, 02:51:10 PM »

I think it is a bit more complicated than that.  Why have so many Labour Voters decided to vote Tory?