Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284917 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #2280 on: February 04, 2020, 07:24:38 PM »
Are you referring to the Irish Republic, where votes in referendums regarding the Nice & Lisbon treaties returned a negative result but were subsequently ignored/overturned by the government?

Much like our votes here are ignored by.Westminster.
I read that Boris has said there is no need for the Scottish government to be.represented at any future discussions about trade etc .post Brexit.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2281 on: February 04, 2020, 07:44:44 PM »
Just in your opinion .
Well not to worry then. *%^^&

To add.
Opinion poll now indicating 50 %  would now vote for Independence.
A few years from now that will increase.
Quite content to wait..

We have discussed this already.  Opinion polls do make a dream come true, or break a heart- we do not know about the integrity of the data sets used.  so that is a moot point.

I note you are not too keen to hear the truth about the  details regarding the Scottish economy- sure, fine but you wanted the debate.
 You are hanging on to the lose rope at the end of a cliff called Nicks sturgeons dreams. she is selling you an empty bucket!
 I want to hear the actual reasons for independence I want to be convinced that the Scottish people will be beneficiaries  so why don't you share it with us OR has Nick not mentioned these little important facts?

"So not bothered when you vote in the next UK election or UK referendum that your vote means zilch?"

Only one  party will win- so I may chose the one that doesn't win- so what. At least the Scottish reps have a say in TWO parliaments. Don't forget Scottish MPs vote down English issues and they can't with ours!
AND count with both hands how many Scottish Prime Ministers have we had in No 10?

Your supposed sovereignty as an independent state (Scotland) will have no choices or votes which will mean nothing- I have mentioned Ireland, but other countries have also been over ruled by non elected EU staff.

Mention that to your 'voter friends'.

Will someone please save us from know- it -all teenagers like Greta and Scottish teenagers demanding Independence- who know nothing of what they rant about.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2282 on: February 04, 2020, 10:11:15 PM »
If the Scottish people are keen to cut ties with the UK then that's OK by me. I have known many Scottish people and like them very much, but if they want to go I see no point in keeping them in the UK. I think they're making a mistake, but the only way for them to realise might be to let them try going it alone. After all, those who wish to remain as UK citizens can always move south.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2283 on: February 04, 2020, 10:16:05 PM »
If the Scottish people are keen to cut ties with the UK then that's OK by me. I have known many Scottish people and like them very much, but if they want to go I see no point in keeping them in the UK. I think they're making a mistake, but the only way for them to realise might be to let them try going it alone. After all, those who wish to remain as UK citizens can always move south.

Substitute the EU for the U.K. and U.K. for Scotland and that’s how I feel about Brexit.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2284 on: February 04, 2020, 10:33:39 PM »

Brexit is probably my second favourite political event of all time.
Second only to the election of Donald Trump.
2016 to 2020 has been like Christmas every day to me.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2285 on: February 04, 2020, 10:35:47 PM »
Brexit is probably my second favourite political event of all time.
Second only to the election of Donald Trump.
2016 to 2020 has been like Christmas every day to me.

@)(++(*
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

« Reply #2286 on: February 04, 2020, 10:38:30 PM »

We have property abroad ,so we can up and go if needs be.

My brother lives in the EU he is convinced other countries will follow when they feel the weight of the Lisbon Treaty.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2287 on: February 04, 2020, 10:41:53 PM »
Found this post interesting from Angelo in July 2016.

‘As predicted, Tory MP's heading off to the four corners of the world to do trade deals...Wonderful stuff!!

Well played Theresa   8@??)(   Onwards and upwards!!’

Roll on 2023....let’s see how Johnson’s popularity fairs.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2288 on: February 04, 2020, 10:45:16 PM »
Found this post interesting from Angelo in July 2016.

‘As predicted, Tory MP's heading off to the four corners of the world to do trade deals...Wonderful stuff!!

Well played Theresa   8@??)(   Onwards and upwards!!’

Roll on 2023....let’s see how Johnson’s popularity fairs.
All PMs popularity deserts them sooner or later, that’s a well-known fact.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #2289 on: February 04, 2020, 10:49:38 PM »

Yes, everyone has their sell by date... it is all bitching and backstabbing in  party politics!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2290 on: February 04, 2020, 10:54:52 PM »

Let’s hope with Johnson it’s sooner rather than later.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2291 on: February 04, 2020, 11:00:01 PM »
Let’s hope with Johnson it’s sooner rather than later.
I can’t stand Boris personally, but as he is now in charge we have to hope he does a reasonably good job, and if he does that means his popularity is likely to wane later rather than sooner.  The last thing this country needs now is more poliitcal turmoil and upheaval imo. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2292 on: February 04, 2020, 11:02:03 PM »
I can’t stand Boris personally, but as he is now in charge we have to hope he does a reasonably good job, and if he does that means his popularity is likely to wane later rather than sooner.  The last thing this country needs now is more poliitcal turmoil and upheaval imo.

Then I’m afraid the country will be disappointed because that’s what you get with Johnson.

« Reply #2293 on: February 04, 2020, 11:09:23 PM »
The Blair/Brown Government did a whole lot worse than BOJO-than anyone . I see Blair and his crew as slimy money grabbing rats.

Bojo has yet to give me cause for rage- I am holding onto it for now...

1 banana 2 banana 3....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2294 on: February 04, 2020, 11:26:11 PM »
The Blair/Brown Government did a whole lot worse than BOJO-than anyone . I see Blair and his crew as slimy money grabbing rats.

Bojo has yet to give me cause for rage- I am holding onto it for now...

1 banana 2 banana 3....

I absolutely agree about Blair but don’t forget Johnson threw his full support behind both Cameron and May while they were cleaving their way through not only welfare safety nets but savage cuts to our most needed public services. Let’s not indulge in the amnesia which for Johnson has resulted in forgetting his part in the  last 10 years of a brutal Tory government.

Anyway, if nothing else awarding Duncan-Smith with a knighthood should be enough to exile him to the political wilderness.