Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284917 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #2295 on: February 05, 2020, 01:32:09 AM »
I absolutely agree about Blair but don’t forget Johnson threw his full support behind both Cameron and May while they were cleaving their way through not only welfare safety nets but savage cuts to our most needed public services. Let’s not indulge in the amnesia which for Johnson has resulted in forgetting his part in the  last 10 years of a brutal Tory government.

Anyway, if nothing else awarding Duncan-Smith with a knighthood should be enough to exile him to the political wilderness.

Johnson wanted to leave the EU and it was due to Labour voters voting Conservative that he got the majority he needed to make it happen. Perhaps he'll bear that in mind.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2296 on: February 05, 2020, 07:23:50 AM »
I absolutely agree about Blair but don’t forget Johnson threw his full support behind both Cameron and May while they were cleaving their way through not only welfare safety nets but savage cuts to our most needed public services. Let’s not indulge in the amnesia which for Johnson has resulted in forgetting his part in the  last 10 years of a brutal Tory government.

Anyway, if nothing else awarding Duncan-Smith with a knighthood should be enough to exile him to the political wilderness.
Who were you voting for the three times Blair won his majorities?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2297 on: February 05, 2020, 08:25:08 AM »
Johnson wanted to leave the EU and it was due to Labour voters voting Conservative that he got the majority he needed to make it happen. Perhaps he'll bear that in mind.

You think ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2298 on: February 05, 2020, 08:26:16 AM »
Who were you voting for the three times Blair won his majorities?

I didn’t.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2299 on: February 05, 2020, 09:03:13 AM »
I didn’t.
I’ll never understand people who don’t use their vote, particularly women (for whom so many sacrifices were made to win it) and then have the temerity to criticise governments they neither voted for or against.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2300 on: February 05, 2020, 09:06:59 AM »
I’ll never understand people who don’t use their vote, particularly women (for whom so many sacrifices were made to win it) and then have the temerity to criticise governments they neither voted for or against.

So are you saying vote anyone....even though you don’t believe in their message....as long as you vote ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2301 on: February 05, 2020, 09:20:17 AM »
So are you saying vote anyone....even though you don’t believe in their message....as long as you vote ?
You vote for the MP that you believe will do the best job for your constituency.  Did it not occur to you that without votes from people who didn’t agree with all Tony Blair’s policies but who voted for the local labour politician anyway, MPs like Corbyn, McDonnell, Skinner etc would never have had careers in the HoC? 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2302 on: February 05, 2020, 09:35:04 AM »
You vote for the MP that you believe will do the best job for your constituency.  Did it not occur to you that without votes from people who didn’t agree with all Tony Blair’s policies but who voted for the local labour politician anyway, MPs like Corbyn, McDonnell, Skinner etc would never have had careers in the HoC?

Gosh, no it didn’t ! Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2303 on: February 05, 2020, 09:49:10 AM »
Gosh, no it didn’t ! Thanks for pointing that out.
You’re welcome. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2304 on: February 05, 2020, 12:16:00 PM »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #2305 on: April 15, 2020, 02:55:19 PM »
Fruit-pickers flown in from Romania after Brits failed to answer call for help

A charter flight of around 180 Romanian workers is set to land at Stansted Airport tomorrow to fill vacancies at UK farms amid the coronavirus crisis. The plane is the first of up to six to arrive in the coming months so that farms stay staffed with labourers. Country Land & Business Association has warned that farms could be short staffed due to coronavirus travel restrictions. There have been calls for Brits to step up and fill the gaps – but although many people made unemployed during the lockdown have come forward, it is not enough to fill all vacancies, according to the Times.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/15/fruit-pickers-flown-romania-brits-failed-answer-call-help-12559562/?ito=twitter

The Times article:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-pickers-flown-in-to-plug-farmwork-gap-vvglpxks2?wgu=270525_54264_15869587998654_73aed12aea&wgexpiry=1594734799&utm_source=planit&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=22278

Can't afford a subscription to read the whole article, I'm afraid.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2306 on: April 15, 2020, 03:26:55 PM »
Fruit-pickers flown in from Romania after Brits failed to answer call for help

A charter flight of around 180 Romanian workers is set to land at Stansted Airport tomorrow to fill vacancies at UK farms amid the coronavirus crisis. The plane is the first of up to six to arrive in the coming months so that farms stay staffed with labourers. Country Land & Business Association has warned that farms could be short staffed due to coronavirus travel restrictions. There have been calls for Brits to step up and fill the gaps – but although many people made unemployed during the lockdown have come forward, it is not enough to fill all vacancies, according to the Times.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/15/fruit-pickers-flown-romania-brits-failed-answer-call-help-12559562/?ito=twitter

The Times article:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-pickers-flown-in-to-plug-farmwork-gap-vvglpxks2?wgu=270525_54264_15869587998654_73aed12aea&wgexpiry=1594734799&utm_source=planit&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=22278

Can't afford a subscription to read the whole article, I'm afraid.

Nothing wrong with that as long as they are not entitled to Uk benefits ...tax credits ...child allowance....and go back once the jobs finished.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2307 on: April 15, 2020, 03:49:30 PM »
Nothing wrong with that as long as they are not entitled to Uk benefits ...tax credits ...child allowance....and go back once the jobs finished.

They pay tax in this country they are entitled to the benefits that stem from it.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2308 on: April 15, 2020, 05:13:10 PM »
Why didn't Brits take the jobs?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2309 on: April 15, 2020, 08:04:01 PM »
They pay tax in this country they are entitled to the benefits that stem from it.

Only after a qualifying period! paying 40 quid in tax for 2 months then demanding benefits for all the family is pathetic.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin