Author Topic: Madeleine McCann - The request for satellite imagery  (Read 23888 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Madeleine McCann - The request for satellite imagery
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2013, 03:21:10 PM »

True, but I've never particularly seen that as a big deal.  It was a straightforward administrative error which could, easily, have been rectified simply by sending a second rogatory letter to the Irish Republic rather than Westminster.

What is of more interest to me is why the error wasn't rectified.

I suspect that's probably because Mr Smith was not, after all, deemed to be such a crucial witness.

Martin Smith seems to have been a clincher according to GA... But then GA does seem to have been a bit confused about the 60-80% issue and as to who - in that family - actually shared his doubt.

GA also seems to have been a bit confused over several issues, including DNA. He, along with others in his team, had a professional and emotional stake in trying to resolve the case and were no doubt exhausted.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

His wife agreed with him

After seeing the BBC news at 10 PM, footage on the 9th September 2007 I contacted Leicestershire police with this information. During that time I spoke to all my family members who were with me on the night of 3rd May 2007 about this and the only one who felt the same way as me was my wife. She had seen the video clip of Gerard McCann walking down the stairs of the plane earlier that day. We did not discuss this until some days later.

Mrs. Martin Smith refused to be interviewed again.  One cannot help wondering why.  She never personally stated that she thought it was Gerry McCann.  End of.

Redblossom

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »

True, but I've never particularly seen that as a big deal.  It was a straightforward administrative error which could, easily, have been rectified simply by sending a second rogatory letter to the Irish Republic rather than Westminster.

I suspect that's probably because Mr Smith was not, after all, deemed to be such a crucial witness.

Martin Smith seems to have been a clincher according to GA... But then GA does seem to have been a bit confused about the 60-80% issue and as to who - in that family - actually shared his doubt.

GA also seems to have been a bit confused over several issues, including DNA. He, along with others in his team, had a professional and emotional stake in trying to resolve the case and were no doubt exhausted.

His wife agreed with him

After seeing the BBC news at 10 PM, footage on the 9th September 2007 I contacted Leicestershire police with this information. During that time I spoke to all my family members who were with me on the night of 3rd May 2007 about this and the only one who felt the same way as me was my wife. She had seen the video clip of Gerard McCann walking down the stairs of the plane earlier that day. We did not discuss this until some days later.

During that time I spoke to all my family members who were with me on the night of 3rd May 2007 about this and the only one who felt the same way as me was my wife. She had seen the video clip of Gerard McCann walking down the stairs of the plane earlier that day. We did not discuss this until some days later. This statement has been read over to me and is correct.

His wife may well have shared his doubt - they presumably live in the same household. The rest of the family apparently did not.

Your question was about Mr Amarals confusion about who in the party agreed with Martin Smith. I provided a link to say his wife did. That was all.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »

The day on which any investigation accepts evidence of what a husband says his wife said will be a very sad day, at least in Britain.  But Amaral seems to have thought that this was really okay.

Actually, it is laughable.  And insulting.

ferryman

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2013, 03:45:25 PM »

His wife agreed with him

None of his children did, including his daughter Aofe who, as I've pointed out before, was an extremely astute and observant witness.

icabodcrane

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »
I always thought it was just Mr Smith who thought it was Gerry he had seen that night,  I had no idea  his wife agreed with him 

Offline gilet

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
I always thought it was just Mr Smith who thought it was Gerry he had seen that night,  I had no idea  his wife agreed with him
And you still don't actually know that his wife agreed with him do you?

What you know is that he said his wife agreed with him.

And I suspect that every wife on this forum and elsewhere can give examples of where what the husband thought the wife was agreeing to was simply wrong.

For Amaral or anyone else to use such hearsay as any kind of evidence is as a previous poster said completely laughable.

Offline Carana

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2013, 04:40:38 PM »

His wife agreed with him

During that time I spoke to all my family members who were with me on the night of 3rd May 2007 about this and the only one who felt the same way as me was my wife. She had seen the video clip of Gerard McCann walking down the stairs of the plane earlier that day. We did not discuss this until some days later. This statement has been read over to me and is correct.

His wife may well have shared his doubt - they presumably live in the same household. The rest of the family apparently did not.

Your question was about Mr Amarals confusion about who in the party agreed with Martin Smith. I provided a link to say his wife did. That was all.
Yes, and thank you. But the rest of his family didn't.