Author Topic: Brueckner charged with sexual offences in cases unrelated to Madeleine  (Read 19915 times)

Offline Gertrude

Re: Brueckner charged with sexual offences in cases unrelated to Madeleine
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2022, 08:14:15 PM »
My point was more that HCW has been saying for weeks (if not months) that they are working towards charging CB in the near future so this shouldn’t have come as a complete surprise- to anyone.

I see but maybe he may still be surprised on those specific charges, there seem to be many cold cases that Bruckner was being looked into as a potential suspect.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2022, 08:26:28 PM »
My understanding of German prosecutions is that charges are rarely pressed unless there is a very strong likelihood of a conviction.  This would seem to suggest that the evidence is compelling.  My understanding (possibly mistaken) also is that the German prosecutor has been working on these cases for even longer than the McCann case which shows how long it can take to build a strong enough case for charges to be brought.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2022, 08:46:23 PM »
My understanding of German prosecutions is that charges are rarely pressed unless there is a very strong likelihood of a conviction.  This would seem to suggest that the evidence is compelling.  My understanding (possibly mistaken) also is that the German prosecutor has been working on these cases for even longer than the McCann case which shows how long it can take to build a strong enough case for charges to be brought.

I think there has to be a likelihood of conviction, I'm not sure how strong that has to be or exactly how it's defined. Even so it doesn't mean Brueckner's lawyer would know the findings of the investigation until the charging stage.

Offline The General

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2022, 09:27:44 PM »
This development represents the death knell for him ever being charged with MM's disappearance.
It's the booby prize; a face-saver. The wooden spoon.
Bloody good try though, I'll give them that.

...right, who's next? Murat again?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2022, 09:50:10 PM »
This development represents the death knell for him ever being charged with MM's disappearance.
It's the booby prize; a face-saver. The wooden spoon.
Bloody good try though, I'll give them that.

...right, who's next? Murat again?

Charges for MM will follow ICBB to explain why

Online Eleanor

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2022, 10:27:06 PM »

It makes sense to deal with the lesser charges first and clock up some jail time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2022, 10:28:52 PM »

Wolters will explain everything.
Just have faith.
Not much longer now.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2022, 11:04:02 PM »

Will he be as successful as the parents were with the ECHR?

Another of your successful predictions.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2022, 02:04:34 AM »
On hearing that Brueckner was charged with her rape, Hazel Behan regretted that the Portuguese police hadn't done more to pursue her case at the time. 
She had no doubt then that her assailant was German, with piercing blue eyes and a voice she would have recognised immediately had she heard it again.

When she heard about Diana Menkes rape, she recognised the MO and was "sick to the core" with the certainty Brueckner was her attacker too.

She had never expected any chance of justice and states she is only getting the opportunity of it 18 years after her rape "thanks to all of the campaigning of Madeleine’s amazing parents".
https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2022/10/11/exclusive-irish-rape-victim-reveals-delight-at-finally-seeing-maddie-suspect-christian-brueckner-in-court-after-18-long-years/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

There is evidence and there are witnesses to some of Brueckner's other alleged crimes. 

I wonder how long it will be before Amaral pops into the TV studios to announce they are setting Brueckner up as a patsy and while he is at it maybe he will enlighten us to why they would do that?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2022, 07:09:41 AM »
On hearing that Brueckner was charged with her rape, Hazel Behan regretted that the Portuguese police hadn't done more to pursue her case at the time. 
She had no doubt then that her assailant was German, with piercing blue eyes and a voice she would have recognised immediately had she heard it again.

When she heard about Diana Menkes rape, she recognised the MO and was "sick to the core" with the certainty Brueckner was her attacker too.

She had never expected any chance of justice and states she is only getting the opportunity of it 18 years after her rape "thanks to all of the campaigning of Madeleine’s amazing parents".
https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2022/10/11/exclusive-irish-rape-victim-reveals-delight-at-finally-seeing-maddie-suspect-christian-brueckner-in-court-after-18-long-years/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

There is evidence and there are witnesses to some of Brueckner's other alleged crimes. 

I wonder how long it will be before Amaral pops into the TV studios to announce they are setting Brueckner up as a patsy and while he is at it maybe he will enlighten us to why they would do that?
Oh dear, poor Hazel Behan is really going to incur the wrath of the trolls now for her positive comment about the McCanns.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Myster

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2022, 07:57:01 AM »
Yes it’s the Sun but the article includes a map showing where these offences occurred and their proximity to PdL

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20075325/madeleine-mccann-suspect-molested-girl-beach-portugal/

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2022, 08:02:48 AM »
Hazel Behan's interview with Ryan Tubridy worth listening to again...

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/tubridy-floored-by-bravery-of-woman-sharing-her-harrowing-rape-ordeal-live-on-air-30921788.html

“I don’t think it was taken as seriously as it should have been. I think they wanted to protect the holiday industry, they didn't want it to be known that this happened in a holiday resort.”

“Unfortunately I find the Portuguese system very corrupt. The ones that I met basically came to me saying that I was a holiday rep, implying it comes with the territory.”

Offline Brietta

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2022, 09:23:38 AM »
Oh dear, poor Hazel Behan is really going to incur the wrath of the trolls now for her positive comment about the McCanns.
Any chance Hazel Behan has of getting justice is, as she has recognised, is entirely due to the McCann determination to find out what happened to Madeleine.  So of course her copybook is blotted in the quarter which seems to be eager for the release of Brueckner to allow him free rein to walk yet again among children from one end of Europe to the other.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2022, 09:43:59 AM »
Any chance Hazel Behan has of getting justice is, as she has recognised, is entirely due to the McCann determination to find out what happened to Madeleine.  So of course her copybook is blotted in the quarter which seems to be eager for the release of Brueckner to allow him free rein to walk yet again among children from one end of Europe to the other.

So Grange has resulted in charges for 5 serious offences..

And probably one more to come