Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365238 times)

Redblossom

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1785 on: February 02, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »
Mon dieu - if this were to be the case, where will SY turn to next?

Dont tempt fate!  Lol

Offline John

« Reply #1786 on: February 02, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »
Madeleine McCann madness continues - and leaves her parents with nothing once more!

Scotland Yard detectives probing Madeleine McCann’s disappearance are saying she might have been taken by three burglars who’d been robbing apartments in the area.

Seriously? Burglars? I’m sorry, but the kind of crooks who break into holiday lets are looking for a few euros, mobiles and a bit of jewellery.

They don’t see a little girl and think, “Oh we’ll take her instead”. They’d run a mile rather than kidnap a child because they’re small-time.

And while they have contacts who can “fence” baubles and cameras, they’re unlikely to have any who can sell children.

The Met are saying they believe these burglars could have taken Maddie because the night she disappeared they were making lots of calls to each other.

Well they would if they were on the rob in an area where cops had been alerted that a little girl was missing.

And if the Met has to write “request letters” to the Portuguese police asking if they can search these men’s homes and access their bank accounts, how close are they to arresting anyone?

Four officers from Operation Grange in Portugal last week, are now back in London having made no arrests.

How devastating this must all be for Kate and Gerry McCann – another flurry of headlines, more promises of suspects and arrests... and then nothing. Again!

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/carole-malone-madeleine-mccann-madness-3102268
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:35:08 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1787 on: February 02, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »

Any reported ordinary burglaries that night?

And who is to say that they weren't recruited to specifically abduct a Child?  Burglars are low lifes who mix with low lifes.
Or are we going to have a thread protecting poor, benighted burglars in a minute?

Estuarine

« Reply #1788 on: February 02, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »
Any reported ordinary burglaries that night?

And who is to say that they weren't recruited to specifically abduct a Child?  Burglars are low lifes who mix with low lifes.
Or are we going to have a thread protecting poor, benighted burglars in a minute?

Probably not; but Eleanor you would do yourself a favour if you mugged up a bit on how the criminal world actually works then maybe you would wiser better informed

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1789 on: February 02, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »
Probably not; but Eleanor you would do yourself a favour if you mugged up a bit on how the criminal world actually works then maybe you would wiser better informed

Oh, I see.  They all stick to their own little field of criminality, do they?  You are either naive or utterly stupid.
You will be telling us next that people with jobs don't commit crimes.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1790 on: February 02, 2014, 06:08:24 PM »
Oh, I see.  They all stick to their own little field of criminality, do they?  You are either naive or utterly stupid.

Have you ever broken the speed limit?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1791 on: February 02, 2014, 06:10:46 PM »
Have you ever broken the speed limit?

As it happens, No.  Not even when driving the Aston Martin.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1792 on: February 02, 2014, 06:12:36 PM »

You have never gone faster than the stated speed limit?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1793 on: February 02, 2014, 06:18:13 PM »

if you are saying you are familiar with the ways criminals operate I wouldn't have thought that this incudes criminals who would abduct  a young child

Offline jassi

« Reply #1794 on: February 02, 2014, 06:19:16 PM »

Understandable - these pedal cars don't go very fast  http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19283/lot/172/
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #1795 on: February 02, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »
Heri's links (which a poster on Myths had found) were not theses on statistics.

Here's the post again.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2784.msg124879#msg124879

My own view is that there is nothing, so far, to indicate the she (or Joana) have been murdered, although they may have been.

On the other hand, these limited studies do tend to indicate that many perpetrators of more serious crimes had already committed less serious ones. The obvious caveat is that a one-time petty burglar / pickpocket / thief / drug user is not necessarily responsible for, nor connected to, a serious crime in the vicinity. However, I can see the reasons for wanting to thoroughly investigating such people to eliminate them and move on. This doesn't seem to have been done in the first instance.

Just to clarify, Heriberto linked this thesis on 6th January which contains a lot of information and discussion about how statistics and records of crimes are compiled, and how this affects our understanding of them:

http://justicestudies.sjsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/thesis-final-pedneault.pdf
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:43:32 PM by Sherlock Holmes »

Estuarine

« Reply #1796 on: February 02, 2014, 07:41:15 PM »

Scam us  ?   

I don't think we're being  scammed  ...   but there is certainly a possibility that we are being mislead

How many of these stories have we been fed in recent months  ?  ...  dead heroin addict tractor driver,  child stealing  gypsies,  rogue  'cleaners',  and now,  burglars turned child snatcher

You see,  whilst we are given an endless parade of increasingly grotesque suspects we are constantly  'reminded' that the culprit  ...  the perpetrator  ...  the  abductor  is  'out there'   somewhere,  and we don't  stop to wonder,  "hang on,  if there  is  no real suspect,  perhaps the Portuguese were right all along,  and there  was  no abduction"

I think this deserves a bump!

Twos up on that

Offline Benice

« Reply #1797 on: February 03, 2014, 07:54:04 AM »

IMO all this 'ridiculing'  that goes on about burglars etc is from people who simply don't want to believe that Madeleine was abducted in the first place.         

It comes to something when even if a paedaphile or any other potential suspect  was in the area around the same time  - they cannot possibly have been involved if they've since died!    Where's the logic in that?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1798 on: February 03, 2014, 07:59:46 AM »
IMO all this 'ridiculing'  that goes on about burglars etc is from people who simply don't want to believe that Madeleine was abducted in the first place.         

It comes to something when even if a paedaphile or any other potential suspect  was in the area around the same time  - they cannot possibly have been involved if they've since died!    Where's the logic in that?

Imo, all these ridiculous stories about paedos & burglars are invented by people who simply don't want to believe that Maddie wasn't abducted in the first place.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #1799 on: February 03, 2014, 08:06:39 AM »
Imo, all these ridiculous stories about paedos & burglars are invented by people who simply don't want to believe that Maddie wasn't abducted in the first place.

Precisely.

These stories have continued to to dive into the depths of stupidity.