Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365269 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3390 on: July 02, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »

According to that BBC report it would appear so. The source said 'we are no further forward', which would imply he was from SY

I don't think so Jassi. I distrust unnamed sources or sources close to ... so far the Met have been punctilious in keeping their silence and have spoken only officially.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #3391 on: July 02, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »
I don't think so Jassi. I distrust unnamed sources or sources close to ... so far the Met have been punctilious in keeping their silence and have spoken only officially.

Exactly Brietta....The Met are not going to leak every little detail they have of any suspects....unlike some I could mention...

Offline jassi

« Reply #3392 on: July 02, 2014, 05:12:56 PM »

You think what you like, I was merely quoting a respectable  mainstream news outlet.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3393 on: July 02, 2014, 05:15:28 PM »
You think what you like, I was merely quoting a respectable  mainstream news outlet.
Quoting but putting your own interpretation on it.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3394 on: July 02, 2014, 05:18:20 PM »
Quoting but putting your own interpretation on it.

Not putting any interpretation of what was said, only on who the source might be.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3395 on: July 02, 2014, 05:18:58 PM »
Not putting any interpretation of what was said, only on who the source might be.
Speculating then.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3396 on: July 02, 2014, 05:19:41 PM »
Speculating then.

Isn't that what we all do?

Or maybe not -

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #3397 on: July 02, 2014, 05:27:27 PM »
We have a Portuguese source close to the PJ saying that the interviews were concluded yesterday with no new information discovered and we have Martin Brunt telling us the interviews will conclude later today - so who is right?

ETA: it was Neil Connery of ITV, not Martin Brunt.

Madeleine Suspect Quizzed For Second Day

3:12pm UK, Wednesday 02 July 2014

One of four suspects is being quizzed further in the latest phase of the investigation into the three-year-old's disappearance.

http://news.sky.com/story/1293726/madeleine-suspect-quizzed-for-second-day
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3398 on: July 02, 2014, 05:31:26 PM »

Madeleine Suspect Quizzed For Second Day

3:12pm UK, Wednesday 02 July 2014

One of four suspects is being quizzed further in the latest phase of the investigation into the three-year-old's disappearance.

http://news.sky.com/story/1293726/madeleine-suspect-quizzed-for-second-day
Interesting - so why would a SY source allegedly be leaking last night that all suspect interviews had been concluded, unless of course the source wasn't SY at all, or indeed anyone particularly close to current events...

Offline Victoria

« Reply #3399 on: July 02, 2014, 05:33:40 PM »
Interesting - so why would a SY source allegedly be leaking last night that all suspect interviews had been concluded, unless of course the source wasn't SY at all, or indeed anyone particularly close to current events...

It's clear from other sentences that accompany that quote, one a reference to 'hostilities' and one a remark about SY refusing to comment, that the 'source' is in fact of Portuguese origin. I would also infer that this particular source has an agenda.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3400 on: July 02, 2014, 05:37:25 PM »
It's clear from other sentences that accompany that quote, one a reference to 'hostilities' and one a remark about SY refusing to comment, that the 'source' is in fact of Portuguese origin. I would also infer that this particular source has an agenda.
Yes, it's definitely got the whiff of something I can imagine Amaral or one of his cronies trotting out.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #3401 on: July 02, 2014, 07:05:54 PM »
Also, the PT press is reporting that, according to the rogatory letters, SY wanted to obtain fingerprints and DNA from the alleged suspects illegally, without going through the proper authorities and chain of custody. Needless to say, the PJ quashed that idea.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #3402 on: July 02, 2014, 08:04:27 PM »
Also, the PT press is reporting that, according to the rogatory letters, SY wanted to obtain fingerprints and DNA from the alleged suspects illegally, without going through the proper authorities and chain of custody. Needless to say, the PJ quashed that idea.

The PT press can't even make up its mind about the ages of the new arguidos according to you, so who cares what they have to say about anything else?  @)(++(*

Offline jassi

« Reply #3403 on: July 02, 2014, 08:06:35 PM »
The PT press can't even make up its mind about the ages of the news arguidos  according to you, so who cares what they have to say about anything else?  @)(++(*

I fancy you exaggerate a little. There seems to be some confusion over the age of only one person.

Remain in denial as long as you like.

Or maybe not -

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3404 on: July 03, 2014, 01:51:40 AM »
Madeleine McCann suspects kept regular phone contact, police say

Three suspects were in phone contact with each other during Madeleine McCann’s disappearance, police say.

By Jerry Lawton/Published 3rd July 2014

Madeleine McCann, missing, Portugal, disappearance, child, baby, holiday, police, suspects MISSING: Madeleine McCann has been missing since May 2007 [PA]

Detectives believe they were targeting the family until the moment the alarm was raised about Madeleine vanishing.

They have uncovered a series of eight calls and texts suggesting they were monitoring her parents, Kate and Gerry, before a raid on their apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May, 2007.

Detectives are trying to discover if they intended to carry out a burglary or if they had a more sinister motive for watching the McCanns.

The first call was placed by Suspect A, a 51-year-old heroin addict, to Suspect B, a beggar then aged just 16, at 12.08pm the day before Madeleine vanished.

B then swapped four phone calls and texts with Suspect C, a 33-year-old ex-Ocean Club driver with convictions for theft, on May 3.

The first was at 5.26pm, at the precise time when Madeleine was leaving the resort’s crčche.

A text message was exchanged at 9.25pm when two of the McCanns’ holiday pals left their dinner in a tapas bar to check on the group’s children who were asleep in the nearby apartments.

The two suspects were in contact again at 9.38pm when one of the McCanns’ pals Jane Tanner left the restaurant to check on her children.

They were in touch again at 9.51pm as Madeleine’s GP mum walked to her apartment to find her then three-year-old daughter missing.

“According to a Portuguese news­paper, thefts had tripled at the Ocean Club at the time Madeleine vanished”
Later that evening, A made three calls from a public phone box in the resort to B.

Police have still not traced a man seen carrying a sleeping blonde girl in pyjamas towards the resort’s beach at 10pm.

Yesterday Scotland Yard officers including Det Chief Insp Andy Redwood joined Portuguese detectives continuing to investigate the three men linked by the calls.

Sources said suspicious hair had also been found that did not match Madeleine’s DNA. According to Portuguese newspapers a request to obtain DNA and fingerprints from the three men was refused.

They deny any involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance and have answered more than 250 police questions.

Yesterday Brit police sniffer dogs were brought in to examine the cars of suspects A and C.

According to a Portuguese news­paper, thefts had tripled at the Ocean Club at the time Madeleine vanished.

None of the men commented as they left a police station in Faro.

A friend of Suspect A, whom a private detective hired by the McCanns said would “do anything for his next fix”, insisted he was innocent.

“He was indoors the night Madeleine disappeared,’’ his pal said.

“It’s inhuman a sick man like him has been dragged before the police.’’

A fourth suspect, a Russian, was also questioned. Yesterday police officers were quizzing eight people as witnesses.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/386992/Madeleine-McCann-suspects-kept-regular-phone-contact
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....