Author Topic: Tony Bennett ! Misguided fool or fervent campaigner ?  (Read 23843 times)

Rachel Granada

Re: Tony Bennett ! Misguided fool or fervent campaigner ?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 07:23:48 PM »
It seems that this thread has somehow strayed from the original topic.

It seems to have been derailed by a poster coming over all girly about alteration to his or her user name (a common tactic, used when the argument isn't going the way one wants).

So, could the poster who called Devils Advocate "Devils Avocado" please apologise (with the same level of sincerity used by Mr Bennett during the court case, please) and lets get this thread back on track.

Thank you.

Yes, it seems like there is an attempt at disruption going on on this forum. 

Let's get back on topic!

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 07:26:58 PM »
Could having to make contributions to the McCanns fund  be described as:

A "cruel and unusual punishment?".

Or a demonstration of Karma?

Discuss.

icabodcrane

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »
He is a serial meddler in matters that do not in truth concern him!

I agree with this

Bennett does have  'previous'  and appears to involve himself directly and actively in matters that are of no personal concern to him

His  'leafleting campaign'  was entirely inapproprite and arrogant

I am always bemused when this character is compared with Amaral,  who is  a different proposition altogether 

Unlike Bennett,  Amaral did not choose to involve himself with the McCanns  ...  he was involved by them, when he picked up the phone that night  ( unaware at that point of Madeleine's or the McCanns existence )

There is no comparison between the two, in my opinion 

Offline DevilsAdvocate

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 07:35:19 PM »

It seems to have been derailed by a poster coming over all girly about alteration to his or her user name (a common tactic, used when the argument isn't going the way one wants).

So, could the poster who called Devils Advocate "Devils Avocado" please apologise (with the same level of sincerity used by Mr Bennett during the court case, please) and lets get this thread back on track.

Thank you.

Is the above highlighted quote aimed in my direction Jean-Pierre ?

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 07:36:11 PM »
should have gone to Specsavers

Offline gilet

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 07:43:43 PM »
On topic, I think Tony Bennett is a very sad individual who has failed in everything he has turned his hand to.

He has most recently been soundly taken to task (and given a criminal record) for his attacking (with lies and deceit) of the parents of a missing little girl. His unwarranted interference in this case has brought shame upon him and his family. Will his grandchildren be proud that their grandfather is a criminal? Is his brother who wrote a letter in mitigation for him really proud of his continued abuse of the parents of Madeleine?

His failure as a solicitor is demonstrated by his dressing down whilst in that profession for what looked very much like fraud, his early withdrawal from that profession and his most recent court case where he showed undiluted ignorance of the most basic rules of law.

His failure as a politician is legend. Its interesting that he has gone back to his roots in the far right to find a solicitor who he could work with.

But beyond the sad picture that Bennett portrays, I think there are other signs of something more sinister. His obsession with homosexuality, with paedophilia and with other deviancy is most peculiar. Again, I refer to his grandchildren and wonder if they should be proud of the postings that he has made over the years on these subjects.

To my mind, he is a criminal who does not have any understanding of the responsibilities which go with the kinds of activities which he obsessively meddles in. The Judge made that very point about him, mentioning that he had no understanding of the fact that his rights do not come without responsibility. He has ignored his responsibility to his own family, to the concept of truth and to society in general in his blinkered, obsessive desire to achieve what he believes are his rights. 

He is neither fervent nor misguided. He is, in my view, an obsessive who does not recognise the views/rights of others and who, because of that, drives headlong to failure in everything he ever tries to do. 

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 07:45:47 PM »

Thank you.

If the cap fits, Devil's Advocate.

I really cannot believe that anyone could be THAT sensitive about such a trivial matter.  To my mind there are three possibilities

(A) You really are that sensitive.

(B) You find the thread is moving in an undesirable direction, and are seeking to derail it

(c) You are allergic to Avocados. 

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »
On topic, I think Tony Bennett is a very sad individual who has failed in everything he has turned his hand to.

He has most recently been soundly taken to task (and given a criminal record) for his attacking (with lies and deceit) of the parents of a missing little girl. His unwarranted interference in this case has brought shame upon him and his family. Will his grandchildren be proud that their grandfather is a criminal? Is his brother who wrote a letter in mitigation for him really proud of his continued abuse of the parents of Madeleine?

His failure as a solicitor is demonstrated by his dressing down whilst in that profession for what looked very much like fraud, his early withdrawal from that profession and his most recent court case where he showed undiluted ignorance of the most basic rules of law.

His failure as a politician is legend. Its interesting that he has gone back to his roots in the far right to find a solicitor who he could work with.

But beyond the sad picture that Bennett portrays, I think there are other signs of something more sinister. His obsession with homosexuality, with paedophilia and with other deviancy is most peculiar. Again, I refer to his grandchildren and wonder if they should be proud of the postings that he has made over the years on these subjects.

To my mind, he is a criminal who does not have any understanding of the responsibilities which go with the kinds of activities which he obsessively meddles in. The Judge made that very point about him, mentioning that he had no understanding of the fact that his rights do not come without responsibility. He has ignored his responsibility to his own family, to the concept of truth and to society in general in his blinkered, obsessive desire to achieve what he believes are his rights. 

He is neither fervent nor misguided. He is, in my view, an obsessive who does not recognise the views/rights of others and who, because of that, drives headlong to failure in everything he ever tries to do.

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 07:53:34 PM »
acceptance is a good healer

Rachel Granada

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »

Super post gilet, summed up in a nutshell.  Bennett took it upon himself to insert himself into the case of a missing child, a case where there was no evidence at all found against the parents. Despite this, he carried on with his campaign which I have no doubt will have caused great distress to an already suffering family. He also spread his poisonous tentacles to Mr Smethurst, Brian Kennedy and others. 

I am glad that he has been taught an expensive lesson, and hope that it will deter him against latching onto other vulnerable families.

Offline DevilsAdvocate

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2013, 07:56:30 PM »

Thank you.

If the cap fits, Devil's Advocate.

I really cannot believe that anyone could be THAT sensitive about such a trivial matter.  To my mind there are three possibilities

(A) You really are that sensitive.

(B) You find the thread is moving in an undesirable direction, and are seeking to derail it

(c) You are allergic to Avocados.

Such a sad response Jean-Pierre !

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2013, 07:57:24 PM »
Tony Bennett ! Misguided fool or fervent campaigner ?

do you have enough to make a decision yet?

registrar

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 08:13:26 PM »
He is a serial meddler in matters that do not in truth concern him!

I agree with this

Bennett does have  'previous'  and appears to involve himself directly and actively in matters that are of no personal concern to him

His  'leafleting campaign'  was entirely inapproprite and arrogant

I am always bemused when this character is compared with Amaral,  who is  a different proposition altogether 

Unlike Bennett,  Amaral did not choose to involve himself with the McCanns  ...  he was involved by them, when he picked up the phone that night  ( unaware at that point of Madeleine's or the McCanns existence )

There is no comparison between the two, in my opinion

Whaddayaknow I finally get to agree with one of your missives

Amaral/Bennett are entirely different

The former: a cop with decades of experience who was asked to do a job which he botched due to him having a closed mind - but nevertheless a cop at the heart of the early stages of the investigation.

The latter: an entire failure in everything he tried, whilst aiming to make the lives of other people as grim -as the life inside his own mind.

Amaral might be a blundering, macho idiot - but I don't have him down as a sadist

Bennett - loves tormenting people - without ever getting his hands dirty - well they've been dirtied now

The only similarty - both got caught out as being of hindrance, not use to civilised society - and have thus been branded criminals

Rachel Granada

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2013, 08:23:26 PM »
Bennett and Amaral have spent years smearing, slagging off and lying about Kate and Gerry McCann.

But it their lives were in danger and the McCanns were the only doctors around, I bet they wouldn't refuse life-saving medical treatment from them.

Offline DevilsAdvocate

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2013, 08:32:10 PM »

Fair points, eloquently stated.