Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 281035 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #990 on: February 10, 2019, 01:30:40 PM »
Blimey.... Not often lost for words.

Rural Conservative Movement
‏ @RuralConserv
22h22 hours ago

When you think of the standard of living and sort of society his forebears had to cope with, you'd think @DavidLammy would thank his lucky stars for his enormous good fortune, instead of becoming such a peevish, covetous, chippy individual. The voters of Tottenham deserve better. https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1094185474665693186

Account @RuralConserv

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #991 on: February 10, 2019, 01:33:00 PM »
But that would mean all UK citizens (plus the many Europeans also caught up in this) being left to dry while he just swans off elsewhere.

Once the referendum vote came in, he announced that his work was done. There's another clip of him thanking Bannon and Breitbart.
He would have had to stay put, no swanning off, or if he refused to take responsibility and did swan off then that would tell us everything we would need need to know about his sincerity and his belief in the Brexit dream. After he swanned off the job should then have gone to JRM, then Boris, in that order.  One of those Brexit Brainboxes would surely have been able to devise the most cunning and advantageous withdrawal deals, no? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #992 on: February 10, 2019, 01:38:58 PM »

Looked up Carte de Sejour.  I don't need one.  It's only proof that you can support yourself, and I've been doing that for twenty five years.

Offline Carana

« Reply #993 on: February 10, 2019, 01:43:17 PM »
I'm presuming that readers on here realise that the US Conservative movement doesn't equate to the UK Conservative party.

In the US, the Conservatives are to the right of the Republicans.

Offline Carana

« Reply #994 on: February 10, 2019, 01:44:58 PM »
Looked up Carte de Sejour.  I don't need one.  It's only proof that you can support yourself, and I've been doing that for twenty five years.

That's what some of the Windrush lot thought.

It's more than that. Income is just one aspect.

Offline Carana

« Reply #995 on: February 10, 2019, 01:49:02 PM »

If you know someone in social services who speaks English, get hold of them as soon as poss, to help you with it.

Offline Carana

« Reply #996 on: February 10, 2019, 01:58:02 PM »
Question: who exactly are the illegal immigrants flooding the UK, aside from those on a couple of dinghies and the odd stowaway on lorries.

https://twitter.com/DMReporter/status/1094594523618045952

Online Eleanor

« Reply #997 on: February 10, 2019, 02:01:41 PM »
If you know someone in social services who speaks English, get hold of them as soon as poss, to help you with it.

I don't need help, and my French is far from useless, actually.

No one is going to even try to deport an eighty year old woman who for twenty five years, non stop, has filled in a French Tax Return, got a French Driving Licence, and never broken any Laws.  And owns her own house on which she has always paid Taxes.

The Banque Alimentaire is not a Benefit, although it wouldn't matter if it was.  And I could manage without it anyway.

This is just adding to the scaremongering.

Offline Carana

« Reply #998 on: February 10, 2019, 02:11:03 PM »
I don't need help, and my French is far from useless, actually.

No one is going to even try to deport an eighty year old woman who for twenty five years, non stop, has filled in a French Tax Return, got a French Driving Licence, and never broken any Laws.  And owns her own house on which she has always paid Taxes.

The Banque Alimentaire is not a Benefit, although it wouldn't matter if it was.  And I could manage without it anyway.

This is just adding to the scaremongering.

OK.

I doubt that the French would hassle you, either.

However, if there is a no-deal, are you sure you'll get your UK pension? There are helplines that I could find for you. The other thing is what kind of medical insurance you have.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #999 on: February 10, 2019, 02:40:25 PM »
No deal Brexit means no free healthcare on the continent for British nationals living in Europe.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1000 on: February 10, 2019, 02:58:16 PM »
OK.

I doubt that the French would hassle you, either.

However, if there is a no-deal, are you sure you'll get your UK pension? There are helplines that I could find for you. The other thing is what kind of medical insurance you have.

Are you saying that UK might refuse to pay my British State Pension when they already pay it to people who live outside The EU?

I have had full Medical Insurance for nearly twenty years now, and until recently paid this myself.  This last two years The French State has stepped in and now pays two thirds of it, due to my appalling British State Pension.  But, again, I would manage, as I did before.
This is backed in some part by The UK and I expect that to continue as EU Nationals living and paying Taxes? in Britain get a Free Health Service..
I have never claimed against my Health Insurance as I am disgustingly healthy.  And All Life Threatening Illnesses are treated for Free anyway.  Perhaps you didn't know this.

Or are you saying that it's all going to fall apart, and that all Expats everywhere are going to be denied help, or worse, kicked out?

I have been thinking lately that Britain would be better off staying in The EU.  But then Britain is so often its own worst enemy.  The lengths to which Britain goes to obey even the most ridiculous of Rules from Brussels sometimes leaves me speachless.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1001 on: February 10, 2019, 03:13:25 PM »
No deal Brexit means no free healthcare on the continent for British nationals living in Europe.

There is no Free Health Care in France.  Unless you are poverty stricken, or have a Life Threatening Illness.  Apart from that you pay according to your means.  And worth every penny, if you ask me.

So how's about No Free Heath Care for EU Nationals living in Britain?  Or will that not apply to Illegal Immigrants?

This is getting ridiculous now.

My youngest son needed a referral for a Cardiogram, related to him joining The French Fire Service.  He walked into the Doctor's Surgery unannounced, and got his Referral immediately, for an appointment in nine days time, including a weekend.  Nothing life threatening about it.

He has lived here for three years now, is Registered for work, pays Tax on his earnings, and does not expect to be asked to leave.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1002 on: February 10, 2019, 03:33:27 PM »
There is no Free Health Care in France.  Unless you are poverty stricken, or have a Life Threatening Illness.  Apart from that you pay according to your means.  And worth every penny, if you ask me.

So how's about No Free Heath Care for EU Nationals living in Britain?  Or will that not apply to Illegal Immigrants?

This is getting ridiculous now.

My youngest son needed a referral for a Cardiogram, related to him joining The French Fire Service.  He walked into the Doctor's Surgery unannounced, and got his Referral immediately, for an appointment in nine days time, including a weekend.  Nothing life threatening about it.

He has lived here for three years now, is Registered for work, pays Tax on his earnings, and does not expect to be asked to leave.
I assume a no deal Brexit will also mean no free health care for EU Nationals in this country too unless they apply for "settled status" first.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1003 on: February 10, 2019, 03:36:38 PM »
I assume a no deal Brexit will also mean no free health care for EU Nationals in this country too unless they apply for "settled status" first.

Britain can't take their National Insurance and then refuse them Health Care.  Besides, there is a reciprocal arrangement.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1004 on: February 10, 2019, 03:39:16 PM »
Britain can't take their National Insurance and then refuse them Health Care.  Besides, there is a reciprocal arrangement.
It's all up for grabs in the event of a no deal Brexit.  Worth a read...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46841041