Author Topic: CMTV Gonçalo Amaral - O Enigma - with English subtitles  (Read 159054 times)

Offline pathfinder73

CMTV Gonçalo Amaral - O Enigma - with English subtitles
« on: May 25, 2017, 06:12:04 PM »
Click on the subtitle icon (bottom right hand side) to turn the English subtitles on.

Admin note:

* The above media presentation is provided for discussion purposes                       
* Endorsement of such material is neither intended nor implied   

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:32:05 PM by John »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline John

Re: CMTV Gonçalo Amaral - O Enigma - with English subtitles
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:58:58 AM »
A reasonable attempt by CMTV to review the events surrounding the disappearance ten years on.

One point which stands out and which I have never seen reported previously is the claim by Amaral that Kate phoned Gerry at 10pm (timestamp 52.30). Amaral makes the valid point that according to the tapas group witnesses they were both sat at a table in the tapas bar just before 10pm so how could this be?

Is there a record of these mobile calls in the files?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:05:36 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Benice

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 11:40:53 AM »
I've just watched some (not all) of the Goncalo interview video.

Jeez what a crock of distorted facts, wild exaggeration, lies by omission and blatant cherry picking. 

It's 'criminal' IMO  that everything he said went completely unchallenged.   Anyone who knew anything about the case could have wiped the floor with him.

Judging by the way so much evidence had to be twisted and warped (or deliberately never mentioned - which is just as bad)  to suit his own agenda  - then thank goodness Kate never answered any of the 48 questions.   I have no doubt that a similar job would have been done on anything she had said.

All that did IMO was to give an insight into the methods used by some  PJ officers to convince the public - and no doubt the courts into believing they had genuinely proved someone's guilt.   

I'm disgusted at the blatant dishonesty of it all.

AIMHO
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 11:45:40 AM »

Jeez what a crock of distorted facts, wild exaggeration, lies by omission and blatant cherry picking. 

It's 'criminal' IMO  that everything he said went completely unchallenged.   Anyone who knew anything about the case could have wiped the floor with him.

Judging by the way so much evidence had to be twisted and warped (or deliberately never mentioned - which is just as bad)  to suit his own agenda  - then thank goodness Kate never answered any of the 48 questions.   I have no doubt that a similar job would have been done on anything she had said.

All that did IMO was to give an insight into the methods used by some  PJ officers to convince the public - and no doubt the courts into believing they had genuinely proved someone's guilt.   

AIMHO

Perhaps Benice, you would like to list the 'inaccuracies' in the video, and then they can be discussed.

As you are making allegations, you do need to back it up.

I haven't watched the video yet, but I will later today.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:47:44 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 12:00:31 PM »

AIMHO

It is his opinion based on his knowledge of the investigation as coordinator from day one. 

I agree he has made a number of deductions and offered several scenarios to explain what happened to Madeleine but for a few minor discrepancies the facts as related by him are for the most part reasonably accurate. There were unexplained discrepancies in the versions related by the parents, discrepancies which would allow any experienced detective to ask a lot more questions.

Those he related included Gerry changing his story as to which apartment door he used in the 9am check, the Tanner encounter with Jez and Gerry and Kate's changing story of how she found Madeleine gone.

The reference to the 200 cases in which cadaver dog Eddie was claimed to have been involved was a silly error.

I don't personally hold with his parental involvement theories but he did suggest that Madeleine could have followed Gerry out after his 9pm check and thereafter got into trouble. Gerry and Jez chatting and laughing just outside the apartment could very well have been the trigger which mobilised Madeleine given what we know about previous evenings.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:21:00 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Carana

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 02:06:11 PM »
A reasonable attempt by CMTV to review the events surrounding the disappearance ten years on.

One point which stands out and which I have never seen reported previously is the claim by Amaral that Kate phoned Gerry at 10pm (timestamp 52.30). Amaral makes the valid point that according to the tapas group witnesses they were both sat at a table in the tapas bar just before 10pm so how could this be?

Is there a record of these mobile calls in the files?

I can't find anything in the files that would corroborate that for the moment.

Unless someone else has, I'll file it in a rather large (vertical) folder.

Offline misty

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 02:31:25 PM »
I can't find anything in the files that would corroborate that for the moment.

Unless someone else has, I'll file it in a rather large (vertical) folder.

Curiously that alleged phone call didn't warrant a mention in his book - probably because it could be easily disproved & therefore libellous.

Offline barrier

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 04:45:29 PM »
Of more importance it can't be said for all their efforts that SY have put his theory to bed,no matter how hard they try they just cant find the alleged dastardly abductor,IMO and all that.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 04:47:58 PM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

ferryman

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 05:37:38 PM »
Of more importance it can't be said for all their efforts that SY have put his theory to bed,no matter how hard they try they just cant find the alleged dastardly abductor,IMO and all that.

Amaral's theory was put to bed yonks ago, not least by PJ officers who worked on the shelved enquiry.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »
Amaral says it was unprecedented for the British Ambassador to attend . True; it's the Consul's responsibility.

He says Gerry said at first that he checked the children through the locked front door using his key. True (and it's not a translation error therefore)
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 06:08:46 PM »
Amaral says it was unprecedented for the British Ambassador to attend . True; it's the Consul's responsibility.

He says Gerry said at first that he checked the children through the locked front door using his key. True (and it's not a translation error therefore)

We have an entire thread on the front / back door debate. IMO, it IS quite likely a translation / lost-in-confusion issue. Gerry was the first to be interviewed after very little sleep, by a police officer coming to grips with the situation and who took the bare minimum of notes, with whoever they could grab at that time of the morning to serve as an interpreter. The officer in question doesn't appear to have been one of the ones at the scene the previous evening and I can't find any indication that he understood the layout of the flat.

Offline misty

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 07:15:08 PM »
We have an entire thread on the front / back door debate. IMO, it IS quite likely a translation / lost-in-confusion issue. Gerry was the first to be interviewed after very little sleep, by a police officer coming to grips with the situation and who took the bare minimum of notes, with whoever they could grab at that time of the morning to serve as an interpreter. The officer in question doesn't appear to have been one of the ones at the scene the previous evening and I can't find any indication that he understood the layout of the flat.

It was known by an English local that the patio door was unlocked & the reason for that by the time an article was published in the Express on 5th May 2007 - and Kate & Gerry spent most of 4th May at the police station.
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic247.html

*snipped*
Praia da Luz resident Mark McCarrick said the girl might have simply walked out of her room.

“The parents left the door ajar so they could keep going over and looking at her,” he said. “We are hoping that because the door was open, she just walked out.”

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 07:37:27 PM »

No matter how many excuses you offer or how many aspersions you cast, Gerry said he and Kate unlocked a door to get into 5A.

In this way, at about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked,

At about 22.00 it was his wife Kate who went to check on the children. She entered the apartment by the door using the key
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN.htm
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:40:38 PM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 08:02:50 PM »

No matter how many excuses you offer or how many aspersions you cast, Gerry said he and Kate unlocked a door to get into 5A.

In this way, at about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked,

At about 22.00 it was his wife Kate who went to check on the children. She entered the apartment by the door using the key
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN.htm

I agree that that is what his initial statement STATES (but which was clarified in the subsequent, more in-depth, interview). However, my point is that there may well have been a translation / lost-in-confusion issue that simply got stated as fact.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:41:21 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 08:28:54 PM »
I agree that that is what his initial statement STATES (but which was clarified in the subsequent, more in-depth, interview). However, my point is that there may well have been a translation / lost-in-confusion issue that simply got stated as fact.

It's quite amusing the lengths that people go to in order to 'explain' this statement by Gerry McCann.

Translation issue? He said it, she translated it, she read it back to him in English, he signed it.

Confusion issue? Who was confused?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:41:39 PM by John »
Result = happy posting.