Author Topic: CMTV Gonçalo Amaral - O Enigma - with English subtitles  (Read 159201 times)

Offline sadie

Re: CMTV Gonçalo Amaral - O Enigma - with English subtitles
« Reply #1365 on: September 22, 2017, 12:42:45 AM »
I think you have to refer to his original statement to get the context. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm  "He adds that he did not hold the child in a comfortable position, suggesting [the carrying] not being habitual. "  That is comfortable for the carrier IMO.

But Sean being carried by Gerry looks perfectly comfortable, if there is any discomfort it is Gerry when he looks at the crowd there to greet him.
I agree Rob.

Not only comfortable for father and son, but the safest method of carrying S**n down the steps.  Hand to his back as support but ever avaialble to catch hold of the hand rail should he stumble.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1366 on: September 22, 2017, 01:04:10 AM »
I'm afraid you are mixing fact with newspaper reportage John, Nowhere except in one of the tabloids have I ever read that MS's wife spoke to the man carrying the child. Do you have a cite?
I have certainly read it too.  Whether in newspaper report or something more Official, i cant remember.   But since when have newspaper reports been rejected on here?

Offline sadie

« Reply #1367 on: September 22, 2017, 01:13:42 AM »
because it rules out abducted ... a loving couple looking for a child " was the bit I objected too.  Smithman could be part of the loving couple.  They don't have to go there and do it as a couple.

I objected to that too, cos it aint true.
He could be abducting her for a loving couple amongst other reasons or as you say he could be one half of a loving couple

But I think that unlikely TBH

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1368 on: September 22, 2017, 01:45:09 AM »
I objected to that too, cos it aint true.
He could be abducting her for a loving couple amongst other reasons or as you say he could be one half of a loving couple

But I think that unlikely TBH
What about a loving solo parent?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1369 on: September 22, 2017, 08:20:00 AM »
because it rules out abducted ... a loving couple looking for a child " was the bit I objected too.  Smithman could be part of the loving couple.  They don't have to go there and do it as a couple.

Maybe that's the sticking point that prevents OG from progressing to a finish.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1370 on: September 22, 2017, 08:27:49 AM »
Maybe that's the sticking point that prevents OG from progressing to a finish.
How do you envision that happening?  Is Madeleine in such a loving household it would be a shame to break it up?  Is that what you mean?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1371 on: September 22, 2017, 08:32:14 AM »
That's where this baseless statement came from then?

Mr. Smith had initally told police he had seen a man carrying a child that night, but that he couldn't identify him because he had not been wearing his glasses.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic8771.html

The article mentions no 'sources' and no 'friend close to the Smiths' .  Mrs Smith's words are direct quotes from her.

IMO that gives the article a degree of validity that other articles quoting 'sources' and ' pals close to...' cannot claim.

Just because some sceptics don't like what Mrs Smith said - doesn't make it 'baseless'. IMO

Since then the Times on Sunday claimed that Mr Smith no longer believed Gerry to be the man he saw.    Mr. Smith has never denied that claim or objected to it in any way AFAIK.   As previously discussed -  Mr Smith has been quick to threaten legal action against newspapers who have misrepresented him.   The fact that he didn't take any action on this occasion is very pertinent IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline barrier

« Reply #1372 on: September 22, 2017, 08:36:36 AM »
How do you envision that happening?  Is Madeleine in such a loving household it would be a shame to break it up?  Is that what you mean?

This bit.

because it rules out abducted
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1373 on: September 22, 2017, 08:53:39 AM »

The article mentions no 'sources' and no 'friend close to the Smiths' .  Mrs Smith's words are direct quotes from her.

IMO that gives the article a degree of validity that other articles quoting 'sources' and ' pals close to...' cannot claim.

Just because some sceptics don't like what Mrs Smith said - doesn't make it 'baseless'. IMO

Since then the Times on Sunday claimed that Mr Smith no longer believed Gerry to be the man he saw.    Mr. Smith has never denied that claim or objected to it in any way AFAIK.   As previously discussed -  Mr Smith has been quick to threaten legal action against newspapers who have misrepresented him.   The fact that he didn't take any action on this occasion is very pertinent IMO.

Smith spoke directly to the Mirror on 16th October. The Times, I believe, was dated 27th October, but had no direct quote;

“It looked as if they put 90% credence on the Jane Tanner sighting, maybe that wrong-footed them and they didn’t take our sighting as seriously. I was surprised it took six years to rule out the other sighting.”

“We‘d all love to see the police get to the bottom of what happened.”

“We think about Madeleine a lot and we would love to see a conclusion to this case.

“The only new thing in the investigation is the elimination of Jane Tanner’s sighting.

“Apart from that from our point of view everything else remains the same in relation to what we said to the police and the media at the time. We have nothing more to add.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-key-witness-accuses-2433328
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1374 on: September 22, 2017, 08:57:59 AM »
Credit for that post.

But would you not say, John, that the fact Amaral proposed it, indicates, in addition to it being bonkers, an abandonment by Amaral of huge swathes of what Amaral lays out in his book?

Very clearly, if Madeleine was cremated in a coffin, she can't, also, have been interred on the beach, disinterred, moved somewhere in a vehicle hired 3 weeks later (etc).

Can she?

I don't buy the cremation story either.  If Madeleine was deceased and hidden, nobody in their right mind is going to risk carrying her through the streets to a church before secreting her in a coffin.  It's just bonkers imo.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8237.msg409429#msg409429

There are just so many conspiracy theories scattered around like confetti emanating from this man that there must surely come a time when people have to step back and take stock of exactly what it is he saying and the lack of foundation there is for saying it.

Tomorrow is another day when the end of the world is forecast heralded by the appearance of a mystical planet in the sky which has apparently been foretold in prophesy.
I've lived through many such apocalyptic prophecies ... as have those who have climbed mountains ready to be picked up by angels ... leaving us lesser mortals to our fate.
When the angels don't come ... and humanity hasn't been wiped out ... they aren't phased.  They just tailor an explanation and continue in like vein.

In my opinion Amaral has a history of doing just that ... and he has reinforced most of his prejudices concerning earlier misjudgements in programmes such as O Enigma when in my opinion an awful lot of the enigmas concerning Madeleine's case have their genesis either from his pen or from his mouth.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1375 on: September 22, 2017, 10:01:43 AM »
Smith spoke directly to the Mirror on 16th October. The Times, I believe, was dated 27th October, but had no direct quote;

“It looked as if they put 90% credence on the Jane Tanner sighting, maybe that wrong-footed them and they didn’t take our sighting as seriously. I was surprised it took six years to rule out the other sighting.”

“We‘d all love to see the police get to the bottom of what happened.”

“We think about Madeleine a lot and we would love to see a conclusion to this case.
“The only new thing in the investigation is the elimination of Jane Tanner’s sighting.

“Apart from that from our point of view everything else remains the same in relation to what we said to the police and the media at the time. We have nothing more to add.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-key-witness-accuses-2433328

Fair comment. I doubt they could make their position much plainer.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1376 on: September 22, 2017, 10:47:48 AM »
I don't buy the cremation story either.  If Madeleine was deceased and hidden, nobody in their right mind is going to risk carrying her through the streets to a church before secreting her in a coffin.  It's just bonkers imo.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8237.msg409429#msg409429

There are just so many conspiracy theories scattered around like confetti emanating from this man that there must surely come a time when people have to step back and take stock of exactly what it is he saying and the lack of foundation there is for saying it.

Tomorrow is another day when the end of the world is forecast heralded by the appearance of a mystical planet in the sky which has apparently been foretold in prophesy.
I've lived through many such apocalyptic prophecies ... as have those who have climbed mountains ready to be picked up by angels ... leaving us lesser mortals to our fate.
When the angels don't come ... and humanity hasn't been wiped out ... they aren't phased.  They just tailor an explanation and continue in like vein.

In my opinion Amaral has a history of doing just that ... and he has reinforced most of his prejudices concerning earlier misjudgements in programmes such as O Enigma when in my opinion an awful lot of the enigmas concerning Madeleine's case have their genesis either from his pen or from his mouth.

Some people spend hours speculating about how an abductor or abductors extracted a child from a bedroom, other's speculate about how someone might have disposed of a body. It's all speculation and of equal value imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1377 on: September 22, 2017, 07:46:39 PM »

Keep thinking that but don't be shocked if you are wrong  8(0(*
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1378 on: December 10, 2017, 03:04:45 PM »

http://www.gettyimages.ie/license/666992254

"We had information three figures went into the church via a side door at night." Goncalo Amaral
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:24:39 PM by Brietta »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1379 on: December 10, 2017, 03:50:02 PM »
media.gettyimages.com/videos/madeleine-mccann-abduction-public-respond-to-police-suspect-appeal-video-id672971728
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:49:09 PM by pathfinder73 »