Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1353423 times)

Redblossom

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #210 on: November 01, 2013, 07:29:13 PM »
how quickly friendships can end on here.

Off topic

LOL

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #211 on: November 01, 2013, 07:30:18 PM »

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2013, 07:32:54 PM »
I wasn't here to make friends ,I was interested in Madeleine case years ago and ended up here from google

(I still haven't worked out where I am it's very anti .very one sided

Redblossom

« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2013, 07:36:08 PM »
I wasn't here to make friends ,I was interested in Madeleine case years ago and ended up here from google

look forward to your figures.........later.....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1275.0
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2013, 07:44:27 PM »

Interesting that you should say that, as I feel its quite evenly balanced, though some of the 'pros'  are much more vehement and aggressive  in their posting.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:47:00 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

AnneGuedes

« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2013, 08:35:39 PM »
Interesting that you should say that, as I feel its quite evenly balanced, though some of the 'pros'  are much more vehement and aggressive  in their posting.
It's what I miss more, the challenge of posters firmly and casually adopting different perspectives.
Hostile posts make logically, and reasonably, posters jump over them.

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2013, 06:44:00 AM »
Madeleine McCann key suspect was heroin addict who burgled holiday flats to get fix
02 November 2013 12:00 AM By David Collins
Euclides Monteiro, who died aged 40 in a tractor accident four years ago, was a restaurant worker at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz
Revenge theory: Madeleine McCann
A key suspect in the Madeleine McCann investigation was a heroin addict who used to rob holiday apartments to fund his habit, it was claimed last night.

Euclides Monteiro, who died aged 40 in a tractor accident four years ago, was a restaurant worker at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz where Madeleine was snatched just before her fourth birthday in May 2007.

It is believed he may have been raiding rooms on the complex for drug money before he was finally sacked in 2006 for stealing from the tills.

Police are investigating the possibility that 6ft 2ins Monterio, known as Toni, may have been responsible in an act of revenge for losing his job. Another theory is that Madeleine was kidnapped and killed after disturbing a burglar.

Angry denial: Euclides Monterio's widow Luisa Monterio at work

Monteiro’s widow Luisa confirmed she had been quizzed by police but insisted her husband was innocent.

She said: “It is disgusting they are now looking for a dead man as a scapegoat.

“It’s very easy to blame someone who can’t defend themselves any more. My husband would never be capable of committing such a crime.” Monteiro’s close friend Sergio Paulo, 44, a builder from Lagos, told how his pal’s drug habit made him to turn to crime – although he too doubted if he had taken Madeleine.

He said: “Toni was a good guy but had some serious drug problems. He would smoke heroin and became a slave to it.

“I know he would sometimes break into apartments and rob them. He was taking valuables from rooms at Ocean Club and selling them for drugs.”

PA

Sergio said he remembered Monterio – an immigrant from the ex Portuguese colony of Cape Verde, off West Africa – mentioning Madeleine’s case when he saw a report in a local newspaper.

Sergio said: “He held up the paper and said, ‘I wonder who took her?’ He never said much else about it.”

In the three months up to Madeleine’s disappearance police said there was a four-fold increase in low-level burglaries around the holiday complex.

Mentioned: Sergio Paulo, friend of Maddie McCann suspect Euclides Monterio's widow Luisa Monterio

Monteiro’s home in Lagos was a just a 15 minute drive from the resort.

Mobile phone records placed him near the McCanns’ apartment around the time Madeleine vanished.

Monteiro had several convictions for theft but was saved from being deported in 1996 after a presidential pardon.

Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry, both 45, from Rothley, Leics, declined to comment yesterday on what they described as “speculation”.

McCanns 'pleased' as probe reopens 

Offline Montclair

« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2013, 10:47:32 AM »
The quote from the wife in the above article came from an interview in the SOL newspaper in Portugal.

This reminds all to well of the stories in all of the papers about Robert Murat in the early days. One "friend" said that, when they were kids, he would take out his glass eye to scare the others, he was into zoophilia and tortured animals, he was a loner, etc. The British experts did a profile and said that there was a 60 to 80% probability that he fit the profile of Maddie's abductor. Now, this poor guy is dead and can't even defend himself.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2013, 12:02:59 PM »
The quote from the wife in the above article came from an interview in the SOL newspaper in Portugal.

This reminds all to well of the stories in all of the papers about Robert Murat in the early days. One "friend" said that, when they were kids, he would take out his glass eye to scare the others, he was into zoophilia and tortured animals, he was a loner, etc. The British experts did a profile and said that there was a 60 to 80% probability that he fit the profile of Maddie's abductor. Now, this poor guy is dead and can't even defend himself.
"He smoked heroin" ! The dyslexic David Collins might have translated this way "fumava ganja".

Cariad

« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2013, 12:16:30 PM »
"He smoked heroin" ! The dyslexic David Collins might have translated this way "fumava ganja".

He smoked dope, not Heroin?

There was a brilliant skit on BBC radio 4 parodying what a demonstration for the legalisation of marijuana would be like.

"won't do we want!"
   "We can't remember"
"When do we want it?"
   "Just bring it around some time"

8((()*/

Redblossom

« Reply #221 on: November 02, 2013, 09:28:04 PM »
Dont feed it kazzcut ta!

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2013, 09:32:24 PM »
Dont feed it kazzcut ta!

It never bothered me anyway .dunno what it has to do with mccanns that's what threw me .

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2013, 09:40:09 PM »
Madeleine McCann abduction suspect was 'immigrant who received Presidential pardon'
THE man suspected of kidnapping Madeleine McCann was an immigrant who received a Presidential pardon after a theft conviction, local media have reported.
By: Dion Dassanayake Thu, October 31, 2013
New information has emerged about the man suspected of abducting Madeleine McCann [PA]
The suspect was reportedly indicted in 1996 and would have been deported to his home country of Cape Verde if not for the intervention of then leader Jorge Sampaio.

Portuguese daily Correio da Manha said it was custom around Christmas in the nineties for the President to choose a number of citizens to give pardons to.

The paper claims the unnamed suspect moved to Lagos, a fifteen minute drive from the McCann holiday home, where he tried to rebuild his life with his wife.

However, around the time of Maddie's disappearance the man was fired from his job at the Ocean Club in the Praia da Luz resort where the McCanns were staying.

The alleged suspect reportedly was an immigrant who received a Presidential pardon [PA]

Related articles
Portuguese police held their own Madeleine McCann reconstruction
Police set to interview former handy men who worked at Madeleine holiday club
'Madeleine McCann suspect killed in tractor accident', say shock reports
They are looking for a suspect that can't defend himself. Peoples' lives can't be exposed this way

A relative of the suspect
Detectives are allegedly looking into the possibility that the suspect kidnapped the Briton in an act of revenge to being fired.

The paper claims the suspect knew the routines of Kate and Gerry McCann and was aware that they dined with friends late.

The Ocean Club where the unnamed man allegedly worked [JONATHAN BUCKMASTER]

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Mr and Mrs McCann, said: "We are aware of reports in the Portuguese press.

"They are pure speculation and the McCanns are not going to give a running commentary on every new report."

The paper claims the man died in 2009 during a tractor accident.

The parents of the missing Briton Kate and Gerry McCann [EPA]

A relative of the suspect, who is believed to have been questioned by Portuguese police, told the paper: "They are looking for a suspect that can't defend himself.

"Peoples' lives can't be exposed this way."

Scotland Yard have issued fresh appeals for information in recent weeks in their inquiries into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

They have released two e-fit images of a man who witnesses saw carrying a child to the beach on the night of Madeleine's disappearance.

Email Print Share this

More Stories

The 10 Most Dangerous Cities in the US
(EscapeHere)

Devoted husband found dead hours after his wife

O.J. Simpson Caught Stealing Cookies From Prison…
(NESN)

Royal stamina: Zara Phillips steps out for second…
Recommended by
Comments Unavailable
Sorry, we are unable to accept comments about this article at the moment. However, you will find some great articles which you can comment on right now in our Comment section.
More WorldMore

Two French journalists killed by armed gunmen in Mali

REVEALED: First pictures of suspected LAX gunman who 'wanted to kill TSA and pigs'

British soldiers admit to fight with off-duty policeman in New York bar

Taliban appoint new leader as security fears heighten after US drone strike on Pakistan

Gunman opens fire in Los Angeles airport killing one person and causing multiple injuries

Germany becomes Europe's first country to let babies be legally neither male or female

VIDEO: Bus driver becomes guardian angel after stopping woman from suicide attempt

Chinese boy, 10, jumps 30 floors to his death on 'orders of teacher'

Missing professor leaves heart wrenching farwell notes as he is trapped in car crash

Eurozone jobless rate stays at peak

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2013, 09:43:11 PM »
Madeleine McCann abduction suspect was 'immigrant who received Presidential pardon'
THE man suspected of kidnapping Madeleine McCann was an immigrant who received a Presidential pardon after a theft conviction, local media have reported.
By: Dion Dassanayake Thu, October 31, 2013
New information has emerged about the man suspected of abducting Madeleine McCann [PA]
The suspect was reportedly indicted in 1996 and would have been deported to his home country of Cape Verde if not for the intervention of then leader Jorge Sampaio.

Portuguese daily Correio da Manha said it was custom around Christmas in the nineties for the President to choose a number of citizens to give pardons to.

The paper claims the unnamed suspect moved to Lagos, a fifteen minute drive from the McCann holiday home, where he tried to rebuild his life with his wife.

However, around the time of Maddie's disappearance the man was fired from his job at the Ocean Club in the Praia da Luz resort where the McCanns were staying.

The alleged suspect reportedly was an immigrant who received a Presidential pardon [PA]

Related articles
Portuguese police held their own Madeleine McCann reconstruction
Police set to interview former handy men who worked at Madeleine holiday club
'Madeleine McCann suspect killed in tractor accident', say shock reports
They are looking for a suspect that can't defend himself. Peoples' lives can't be exposed this way

A relative of the suspect
Detectives are allegedly looking into the possibility that the suspect kidnapped the Briton in an act of revenge to being fired.

The paper claims the suspect knew the routines of Kate and Gerry McCann and was aware that they dined with friends late.

The Ocean Club where the unnamed man allegedly worked [JONATHAN BUCKMASTER]

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Mr and Mrs McCann, said: "We are aware of reports in the Portuguese press.

"They are pure speculation and the McCanns are not going to give a running commentary on every new report."

The paper claims the man died in 2009 during a tractor accident.

The parents of the missing Briton Kate and Gerry McCann [EPA]

A relative of the suspect, who is believed to have been questioned by Portuguese police, told the paper: "They are looking for a suspect that can't defend himself.

"Peoples' lives can't be exposed this way."

Scotland Yard have issued fresh appeals for information in recent weeks in their inquiries into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

They have released two e-fit images of a man who witnesses saw carrying a child to the beach on the night of Madeleine's disappearance.

Email Print Share this

More Stories

The 10 Most Dangerous Cities in the US
(EscapeHere)

Devoted husband found dead hours after his wife

O.J. Simpson Caught Stealing Cookies From Prison…
(NESN)

Royal stamina: Zara Phillips steps out for second…
Recommended by
Comments Unavailable
Sorry, we are unable to accept comments about this article at the moment. However, you will find some great articles which you can comment on right now in our Comment section.
More WorldMore

Two French journalists killed by armed gunmen in Mali

REVEALED: First pictures of suspected LAX gunman who 'wanted to kill TSA and pigs'

British soldiers admit to fight with off-duty policeman in New York bar

Taliban appoint new leader as security fears heighten after US drone strike on Pakistan

Gunman opens fire in Los Angeles airport killing one person and causing multiple injuries

Germany becomes Europe's first country to let babies be legally neither male or female

VIDEO: Bus driver becomes guardian angel after stopping woman from suicide attempt

Chinese boy, 10, jumps 30 floors to his death on 'orders of teacher'

Missing professor leaves heart wrenching farwell notes as he is trapped in car crash

Eurozone jobless rate stays at peak