Author Topic: A Good, Bad or Average Theory What's The Difference?  (Read 170588 times)

Offline kmc

Re: A Good, Bad or Average Theory What's The Difference?
« Reply #390 on: December 05, 2019, 02:27:36 PM »
That, of course, raises the question of why Bulgaria was mentioned if neither of the couple were Bulgarian.

The article states that she/wife was/is Bulgarian.....which is why I imagine Bulgaria was mentioned.

Offline kmc

« Reply #391 on: December 05, 2019, 02:35:10 PM »
At the moment I can't find the photos.  You'll need to provide a link if you want my stab at where it is.

Thanks SIL....it is a bit of a long shot, as it could be pretty much anywhere... but thought worth taking a look especially if you know the area well.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #392 on: December 05, 2019, 05:38:16 PM »
Thought there was some report of guy languishing in German prison, not that he was necessarily a German national,  though I may be confused, as persons of interest seem to come and go as each one proves , in reality, to be of no interest.
That’s reality for all of them is it?  And you know this how?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #393 on: December 05, 2019, 06:24:52 PM »
That’s reality for all of them is it?  And you know this how?

Yup
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #394 on: December 05, 2019, 08:10:55 PM »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline sadie

« Reply #395 on: December 06, 2019, 12:21:14 AM »
To be fair in the absence of an English transcript, it is a very good guess.  Since as far as I can make out Amaral has dedicated himself to pushing that particular theme since 2007 using various theories which although patently nonsensical are avidly accepted by his following.

The 'swingers' ... the tennis bag ... the fridge ... and that is just for starters.

I sometimes wonder if people ' in the know', as Amaral almost certainly will be, have learned that someone, some people, are about to be charged with abduction etc?     

So best to forget his previous totally incorrect theories pushed ... and back off from these theories and accusations against The Mccanns.   

In other words cover his back?   Best to go along with the latest police position?  Maybe he fears that there will be a backlash against him ... or worse?

I have seen it happen on here before, when something important, illustrating the Polices belief in the innocence of The Mccanns, has happened in this case.   Then some posters have stopped accusing The Mccanns, but still get at them in a subtle way.

Offline sadie

« Reply #396 on: December 06, 2019, 12:42:56 AM »
Or he simply believed what he was told, that the woman threw herself down the stairs.
https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/05/cirpriano-casepj-inspectors-accused-at.html

A fairly senior Police Officer lying to The Courts ?   To the detriment of the accused?  Changing the Course of Justice?   

No way.  What are you thinking about praising Amaral for such a heinious crime ?

Offline sadie

« Reply #397 on: December 06, 2019, 12:53:10 AM »
I remember at the time of the interview when Amaral first mentioned the German pedophile, that to me it sounded as if the man in question had been arrested but not necessarily charged.  As a result, I thought it may have related to a pedophile called Andreas V - who at that time had recently been arrested but not yet found guilty - images of him are scarce but he does look a bit like the thick set Smithman e-fit.  What did stand out about him is that 1. The trial documented about 1000 cases of abuse in German starting from 2008...so I wonder where he was before that.  2.  Pre-trial the police 'lost' a LOT of the evidence.  3. A bit like Raymond Hewlett he lived like a traveller. 4. He was able to foster a 6 year old female child even though there were years of rumours about him and children.  5. His victims were mostly girls and also very young victims.   Anyhow, we will have to wait and see if it is him.   Although, I did think it was interesting that Amaral dropped in the similarity to Gerry....it is almost as if he is making sure that if it turns out that the guy in question is the abductor, that he should be forgiven for his assumption that the abductor was Gerry.

Covering his back ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #398 on: December 06, 2019, 06:59:30 AM »
A fairly senior Police Officer lying to The Courts ?   To the detriment of the accused?  Changing the Course of Justice?   

No way.  What are you thinking about praising Amaral for such a heinious crime ?

I'm not convinced that Amaral lied. Obviously you would be.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #399 on: December 06, 2019, 07:15:54 AM »
So even though a court found him guilt of perjury you don’t think he lied?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #400 on: December 06, 2019, 07:32:17 AM »

Perhaps, he was, just incredibly gullible

We, need to look at what's, possible.  According to the, court Cipriano was, beaten by members, if the, PJ.  Was, amaral really unaware if this... Did his colleagues, feel they had, to lie, to him to cover it up.
Far more likely... Based on other, cases, too... This, was, almost standard practice, in the, pj imo.
Beat, a, suspect to get a, confession.  That's, why I'm convinced, amaral lied

Offline barrier

« Reply #401 on: December 06, 2019, 08:35:05 AM »
Strangely or maybe not when Amaral purported his theory he was the devil incarnate in some eye's, now he's linking some geezer in a prison to the investigation his word is his bond,go figure.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #402 on: December 06, 2019, 09:04:49 AM »
Strangely or maybe not when Amaral purported his theory he was the devil incarnate in some eye's, now he's linking some geezer in a prison to the investigation his word is his bond,go figure.

Amaral told Mark Saunokonoko that OG were interested in a German paedophile. The press later suggested it was Ney. Amaral then said it wasn't Ney it was someone else. At no point has he claimed this is his theory imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #403 on: December 06, 2019, 09:17:01 AM »
Amaral told Mark Saunokonoko that OG were interested in a German paedophile. The press later suggested it was Ney. Amaral then said it wasn't Ney it was someone else. At no point has he claimed this is his theory imo.

This is correct.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #404 on: December 06, 2019, 11:23:06 AM »

I think the difference between a good ~ bad ~ or indifferent theory is to start at the very beginning and base thinking entirely on the truth as it is known at the time and to take a reasonable time to consider and debate all the facts prior to jumping in.

There is no evidence that Amaral carried out any brainstorming exercises with his team or his superiors prior to formulating theories; there is evidence that he had made his mind up about the path his theory was to take him "right from the word go"; I think Robert Murat was never a serious contender as far as Amaral was concerned although he did make a case for investigating him in his book and it would have tied the case up in jig time if Jane Tanner had only played ball.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....