Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411266 times)

Offline Benice

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2014, 09:40:01 AM »
When did they go physically searching after that ?

Let's not forget the hundreds of people who searched that night and for several successive days after Madeleine's disappearance.

The mccanns did other things, AND they are well known, but unless someone can provide  evidence/proof to the contrary, but it didn't include searching.

Why do you keep asking the same questions over and over again - when you never accept the answers.

After searching in the morning  - they spent the first day at the police station.  When they returned -  scores of reporters had arrived and were camped on their doorstep.        Apart from the fact that the police may well have asked them to stay at home, it would not have been possible for them to try to search without being mobbed by reporters.      Agreed?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2014, 09:49:28 AM »
Why do you keep asking the same questions over and over again - when you never accept the answers.

After searching in the morning  - they spent the first day at the police station.  When they returned -  scores of reporters had arrived and were camped on their doorstep.        Apart from the fact that the police may well have asked them to stay at home, it would not have been possible for them to try to search without being mobbed by reporters.      Agreed?

i.e. they never 'searched' afterwards, did they.

They had plenty of time for other 'activities' which are well documented, and you well what those were, and added absolutely nothing in their 'search' for Madeleine.

and the reference to 'Tweedledum and Tweedledee' by you know who says everything about the mccanns you need to know.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2014, 09:54:33 AM »

They had plenty of time for other 'activities' which are well documented, and you well what those were, and added absolutely nothing in their 'search' for Madeleine.

and the reference to 'Tweedledum and Tweedledee' by you know who says everything about the mccanns you need to know.

They did search Stephen.

Kate searched for her real live findable child, of whom there was absoloutely nothing to suggest she had come to any harm, inside a big old dumpster type bin!
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:43 AM »
When did they go physically searching after that ?

Let's not forget the hundreds of people who searched that night and for several successive days after Madeleine's disappearance.

The mccanns did other things, AND they are well known, but unless someone can provide  evidence/proof to the contrary, but it didn't include searching.

Let’s not forget the hundreds who searched.

In the search for Mikaeel Kular we saw a little of the coordination of the volunteers which goes on to make their searches effective.

All gave their names and were clocked in.

All were allocated to a team of searchers.

All teams had professional leaders.

All teams had their own specific areas to cover.

All were ‘clocked out’ when they finished searching.

Is there a record of similar organisation of volunteer efforts in Madeleine McCann’s case?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2014, 10:19:21 AM »
Let’s not forget the hundreds who searched.

In the search for Mikaeel Kular we saw a little of the coordination of the volunteers which goes on to make their searches effective.

All gave their names and were clocked in.

All were allocated to a team of searchers.

All teams had professional leaders.

All teams had their own specific areas to cover.

All were ‘clocked out’ when they finished searching.

Is there a record of similar organisation of volunteer efforts in Madeleine McCann’s case?

Are you denying hundreds of volunteers, including holidaymakers, residents, ex-pats, etc were searching for Madeleine ?

Or do you believe it was make believe ?

Offline Benice

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2014, 10:23:45 AM »

Your usual 'deflecting' tactics are noted and ignored.

So do you agree that it would have been impossible for them to physically search because of the crowds of news-starved reporters waiting to doorstep them?      Or that the police would almost definitely have asked them to stay at home at that time? 

Anyone who thinks that was not the case must have their blinkers superglued on IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2014, 10:36:03 AM »
Are you denying hundreds of volunteers, including holidaymakers, residents, ex-pats, etc were searching for Madeleine ?

Or do you believe it was make believe ?

You know perfectly well that is not what I said, please do not put words into my mouth.

There is no point in hundreds of searching without being coordinated ... where is the evidence of that organisation?

Without a record being kept of who was searching where ... under professional supervision ... how did people know how many times an area was searched, or which areas had not been searched at all?

We watched the volunteers in the search for Mikaeel walking in a close line in designated areas with professionals directing their efforts.

There is no record of that happening in PDL ... so please stop deflecting ... and think not that indeed searches were carried out but about the efficacy of those searches.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2014, 10:54:13 AM »
I think it is quite disgusting when people say the McCann's didn't search and use that as a weapon to beat them with.

Madeleine was almost four years old.   When the McCann's and friends found her missing they searched everywhere they thought Madeleine would have gone.   Remember this was a foreign country and that they were not on territory known to them. 

They then waited for the police,  their friends continued searching and so did hundreds of other people.  It was necessary that the McCann's were there for the police as they would have needed to explain exactly what had happened and describe Madeleine to them.

The days following were filled with visits to the Police station,   and further questioning.

The Police organised a search which would have been done in a professional way.

Would anyone have wanted the parents in the search party after a few days had gone by?   Would you want to find your child dead?     I doubt very much the police would have wanted the parents there.

Why pick on the McCann's this way,  when if you read the aftermath of when Sarah Payne went missing you don't read that the Payne's were out there searching.     They had searched where they thought Sarah would have gone,   they did knock on doors, but this was in Britain where the people would have spoken English.

In the case of Ben Needham,  his mother says she knocked on doors,   only to be met with scared people who couldn't understand what she was talking about.

Would it have made sense for Kate and Gerry McCann to run madly around knocking on doors and screaming hysterically about their missing child?   When most of the neighbours were either out searching or if they had ventured further into the Portugal housing locations spoke Portuguese?

The searching was best left to the police in my opinion.

As to the McCann's playing tennis and running.    They did not play tennis or run in the days after Madeleine went missing indeed, they were not capable of functioning properly,   from the statements of many witnesses they were in a state of absolute shock.

I see nothing wrong with them returning to tennis or running later on,  they used these sports as a way of freeing them from tension and worry,  as some would go for a long walk or attack the housework.

Offline jassi

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2014, 11:11:44 AM »
I think it is quite disgusting when people say the McCann's didn't search and use that as a weapon to beat them with.

Madeleine was almost four years old.   When the McCann's and friends found her missing they searched everywhere they thought Madeleine would have gone.   Remember this was a foreign country and that they were not on territory known to them. 

They then waited for the police,  their friends continued searching and so did hundreds of other people.  It was necessary that the McCann's were there for the police as they would have needed to explain exactly what had happened and describe Madeleine to them.

The days following were filled with visits to the Police station,   and further questioning.

Would anyone have wanted the parents in the search party after a few days had gone by?   Would you want to find your child dead?     I doubt very much the police would have wanted the parents there.

Why pick on the McCann's this way,  when if you read the aftermath of when Sarah Payne went missing you don't read that the Payne's were out there searching.     They had searched where they thought Sarah would have gone,   they did knock on doors, but this was in Britain where the people would have spoken English.

In the case of Ben Needham,  his mother says she knocked on doors,   only to be met with scared people who couldn't understand what she was talking about.

Would it have made sense for Kate and Gerry McCann to run madly around knocking on doors and screaming hysterically about their missing child?   When most of the neighbours were either out searching or if they had ventured further into the Portugal housing locations spoke Portuguese?

As to the McCann's playing tennis and running.    They did not play tennis or run in the days after Madeleine went missing indeed, they were not capable of functioning properly,   from the statements of many witnesses they were in a state of absolute shock.

I see nothing wrong with them returning to tennis or running later on,  they used these sports as a way of freeing them from tension and worry,  as some would go for a long walk or attack the housework.

Seems to have been effective, They look remarkably stress-free in many of their photos
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2014, 11:24:28 AM »

Good post, Lace  8((()*/

Offline sadie

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2014, 11:55:32 AM »
They did search Stephen.

Kate searched for her real live findable child, of whom there was absoloutely nothing to suggest she had come to any harm, inside a big old dumpster type bin!

1)  Despite her profound distress, when (IIRC) Fiona offered to baby sit the twins, she also searched along the road down to Baptistas supermarket.

Really bad form Spammie ... to pick something out of context to try and blacken someones name. 
Looking in the bin was just a minor part of her search down the road ... and she was right to do it, to be sure that Madeleine was not in there.

2)  From necessity, she had to be close by, for when the "expected" Police arrived but had to have someone look after the twins whilst she did it.  IIRC Fiona looked after the twins. 

I am amazed that she was allowed by the group to go looking, in her distressed state with the possibility of finding her daughters body .... but they were all out there searching except ?Fiona ... and Kate is a very strong woman.  She wanted to go looking and she did.

3)  The following morning at the crack of dawn, with their twins looked after, both she and Gerry were out searching again.

4)  Since then their search has involved intellect and drive .... not gut feelings alone

They pulled off the greatest Coup possible; they got SY looking for them 

No one could do better than that.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2014, 01:04:43 PM »
5:30 -7 am

"The most striking and horrific thing about all this was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed, was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents." (Madeleine)

3-4 am

"Me and Gerry you know I'm not sure what time it was, it was you know between three and four o' clock when, again went looking for her. We went down err through past the Ocean Club reception, we went down err to the beach and he broke down with me on the front, you know. You know just very obviously a broken man, and you know we spent some time you know, not long, I was trying my best to console him, we went back then to the err the apartment, you know it's, by around about four, four thirty in the morning you know there was nothing else that you know that we could do." (DP)

"You just want to crawl under a rock and never and just say make it all go away." (GM)
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2014, 05:53:53 PM »
So they did search??

I think this loosely ties into the general theme of the thread, because by asking whether the McCanns searched we are questioning their behaviour. What is your opinion on this guy? Bearing in mind this interview was some time ago...

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DR_CHRISTIAN_LUDKE.htm

Offline sadie

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2014, 09:07:28 PM »
So they did search??

Most definitely , YES

Gerry was witnessed searching and recorded as such by Neil Berry and Raj.  Strangely all records of their witness statements have been "lost".

Also Caroline Carpenters statement has been "lost"

How extraordinarily strange that the three statements that could have helped Gerry prove where he was at certain pertinent times, have all gone missing .... Hmmm?   &%+((£

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2014, 09:41:50 PM »
No statements have been lost. They weren't released.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.