Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411458 times)

Offline insider

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2015, 05:50:09 PM »
Latest news on the search is there isn't any.   Despite claims by the McCanns that no stone will remain unturned blah blah..  the search has all but been abandoned. Letters of request to the Portuguese are not being actively pursued which says it all imo.
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2015, 06:10:41 PM »
Latest news on the search is there isn't any.   Despite claims by the McCanns that no stone will remain unturned blah blah..  the search has all but been abandoned. Letters of request to the Portuguese are not being actively pursued which says it all imo.

What has always mystified me and just about everyone I have spoken to about this disappearance is how the McCanns have always been good at encouraging others to do the searching while they get on with their own lives.  The Needhams on the other hand have been out there in Kos leading from the front with very little money to fall back on.  The difference is like night and day!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:12:42 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2015, 06:12:23 PM »
What has always mystified me and just about everyone I have spoken to about this disappearance is how the McCanns have always been good at encouraging others to do the searching while they get on with their own lives.

You have it in one Angelo.

Let's never say the mccanns are selfish. 8)-)))

Offline mercury

« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »
What has always mystified me and just about everyone I have spoken to about this disappearance is how the McCanns have always been good at encouraging others to do the searching while they get on with their own lives.  The Needhams on the other hand have been out there in Kos leading from the front with very little money to fall back on.  The difference is like night and day!

They travelled throughout Europe and North Africa spreading the message, doing news conferences,  putting up posters

Both of them did minimal searching on the actual night though Kate McCann says in her book she searched for an hour the next morning

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:16:05 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2015, 11:18:35 AM »

I don't understand this.
Every day it is posted on here how PJ and SY are working their butts off searching for an abductor and the child.
Do you mean this is not true?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Benice

« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2015, 11:38:56 AM »
They travelled throughout Europe and North Africa spreading the message, doing news conferences,  putting up posters

Both of them did minimal searching on the actual night though Kate McCann says in her book she searched for an hour the next morning

Do you think they should have told the police to go away- as they wanted to search rather then be interviewed and get a police operation underway.?  They knew a large no. of people were already searching.

IIRC Gerry was seen searching in the area of the swimming pool before the police arrived . He also went out again after the police left.

As soon as it was light - they both went out searching - and were seen returning by a GNR officer.

IIRC April Jones parents didn't search after the police arrived.  They were probably too distressed to function properly at that time.   In any case -  the advice of the police is for the parents to stay at home so that they are easily contactable if necessary - and in case the child returns.

After the massive number of Press arrived - it would have been impossible for the McCanns to go out searching IMO.  They would have been 'mobbed'by reporters.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:41:30 AM by Benice »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Benice

« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2015, 11:57:35 AM »

Kate has been back to Prai de Luz on several occasions since Madeleine disappeared.  How do you know she didn't search while she was there?

You seem to think the only way to search is to physically go to where the child was last seen.    I can just imagine the comments if K&G regularly jetted off to do that.   They would be accused of wasting the fund money and neglecting the twins - and that's just for starters.

Physical searching - when you have no idea where in the world your child could be is the most financially wasteful and ineffective method to adopt. IMO.

The McCanns took the experts advice i.e. that keeping Madeleine's profile as high as possible for as long as possible in the public eye is what they should do -  as that would give her the best chance of being found.

No doubt if they had ignored that advice they would be accused of being arrogant and thinking they knew better than the experts.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't imo.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2015, 12:06:52 PM »

How do you suggest they should have conducted their own search?

Should they perhaps have thumped on the Moyes apartment door ... demanded entry ... and start searching under beds and in cupboards?

What about the Fenn apartment?  Maybe they should have charged up there ... demanded entry and commenced searching?

If the police had been so minded they might have had the legal right to do so if invited in or if they had cause for suspicion ... they could have roused a magistrate to obtain a search warrant.  Distraught parents do not enjoy the privileges law enforcement does nor is it expected for them to do so.

Once a child is discovered missing, cannot be found in obvious places after a search and the authorities called in, the role of the parents is to be on hand to provide intelligence to assist the police organised search.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2015, 12:19:01 PM »

To suggest that The McCanns should have done more searching is really rather silly.  Everyone knows the reasons for why this wasn't possible.  So it's a pathetic attempt to make The McCanns look bad.

Offline insider

« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2015, 12:21:36 PM »
To suggest that The McCanns should have done more searching is really rather silly.  Everyone knows the reasons for why this wasn't possible.  So it's a pathetic attempt to make The McCanns look bad.

Why was it not possible Ellie, the Needhams managed it?

Offline insider

« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2015, 12:24:02 PM »
I don't understand this.
Every day it is posted on here how PJ and SY are working their butts off searching for an abductor and the child.
Do you mean this is not true?

The Portuguese have put very little resources into any renewed search, it is the British taxpayer who is funding the winding down of this particular investigation.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2015, 12:32:32 PM »
the idea the McCanns have not searched is ridiculous...they have organised the largest missing person search in history...they have actually done far more than the needhams if you want to be picky

stephen25000

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »
the idea the McCanns have not searched is ridiculous...they have organised the largest missing person search in history...they have actually done far more than the needhams if you want to be picky

Typing on a keyboard isn't searching.

The only established physical searching they did  the following morning briefly.

As to the rest, watch Jane Hill's interview with Kate Mccann.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2015, 12:36:23 PM »
Typing on a keyboard isn't searching.

The only established physical searching they did  the following morning briefly.

As to the rest, watch Jane Hill's interview with Kate Mccann.

the mccanns have done far more than the needhams in organising a search

stephen25000

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2015, 12:40:41 PM »
the mccanns have done far more than the needhams in organising a search

Typing doesn't equate.

Other people have actually searched for Madeleine.

So have the Needhams.