Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411030 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2015, 02:55:58 PM »
it does come under the heading of persuading others to search though, doesn't it?

I think its ridiculous to suggest the mccanns should physically search...its the job of the professionals.....they have done far more by persuading SY to get involved

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2015, 03:00:26 PM »
not when the police have decided they are guilty...which is what amaral has told us...the mccanns had already co operated ..answering hours of questions and telling the police what happenned

How many hours? Kate was interviewed once and Gerald twice.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Benice

« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2015, 03:02:15 PM »
?{)(**
Isn't that what the parents of a missing child normally do?  ie Cooperate with police.

They did co-operate with the police - right up to the point where they realised the police had wrongly decided that they were the perpetrators.   Do innocent people normally decide to help the police to pin a crime on them which they know they did not commit?  No sane person would do that IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2015, 03:09:23 PM »
I think its ridiculous to suggest the mccanns should physically search...its the job of the professionals.....they have done far more by persuading SY to get involved

Now that is a classic.

Whose responsibility was it to take care of their children and fail in that ?

As to SY, they would not have been involved except for the 'intervention' of Rebekah Brooks and Cameron.

Offline jassi

« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2015, 03:11:30 PM »
Now that is a classic.

Whose responsibility was it to take care of their children and fail in that ?

As to SY, they would not have been involved except for the 'intervention' of Rebekah Brooks and Cameron.

Indeed, no one persuaded SY to do anything - they were instructed to do so by their political masters.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2015, 03:12:13 PM »
it does come under the heading of persuading others to search though, doesn't it?

Do you apply the same opinion to Kerry Needham, who has spent years trying to persuade the police to search for her son - and who (partially as a result of  SY's search for Madeleine) has now succeeded.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline Benice

« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2015, 03:24:15 PM »
That's the most limp excuse I've ever read Ellie.  You and I know the truth is somewhat different.  Had the McCanns engaged with the Portuguese authorities instead of antagonising them this case could have been solved eight years ago.

IIRC it was the UK press who antagonised them.     What did the McCanns do to antagonise the Portuguese PJ  - apart from refusing to oblige them by confessing to a crime which they did not commit?   

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2015, 03:31:02 PM »
So what actual searching was there?
Some searching by members of a group including but not limited to:
Drs McCann
T7
G.N.R
P.J.
O.C/Mark Warner Employees
Members of the general public
Metodo3
Oakley International
A.I.G
M.P.S

Result ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2015, 03:42:05 PM »
So what actual searching was there?
Some searching by members of a group including but not limited to:
Drs McCann
T7
G.N.R
P.J.
O.C/Mark Warner Employees
Members of the general public
Metodo3
Oakley International
A.I.G
M.P.S

Result ?

As far as we know, absolutely nothing.

Of course, SY might be on the very verge of denouncing the guilty party and then again, perhaps not.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2015, 03:46:02 PM »
They did co-operate with the police - right up to the point where they realised the police had wrongly decided that they were the perpetrators.   Do innocent people normally decide to help the police to pin a crime on them which they know they did not commit?  No sane person would do that IMO.

The police told them not to get the media involved. They have tried to take control from the start getting Gordon Brown involved to release Tannerman etc. Pope visit main story on the news in diary - oh how exciting Kate yippee. Going to Washington, paying £500K to keep them on the front pages. Refusing to answer questions to clear themselves, suppressing efits, not going back for a reconstruction - we don't know how it can help? It will help the police Gerry you arrogant......

Processos Vol X

Pages 2533 - 2534

Date: 2007/09/03

For : Goncalo Amaral

From Ricardo Paiva, Inspector

Subject: Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Several times, the McCann couple said that the attention of the police should be maintained focussing on the abduction hypothesis, which, in the couple's opinion, was the only scenario that occurred and that the police should not forget to continue to investigate the suspect Robert Murat.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2015, 03:55:36 PM »
Kate was advised not to answer the questions.  Just as parents of missing children are advised not to search.

There was no reason why the McCanns and their family and friends shouldn't have joined the search teams during the week after Madeleine went missing.

Should I still search for my child myself once the police are involved?

Speak with the police to reach some agreement as to what you should do whilst they are searching, so that you do not duplicate each others’ efforts.

If you do head out to search for your child, ensure that someone remains in the family home - just in case your child returns home of your own accord.
http://www.closeronline.co.uk/2015/07/what-to-do-if-your-child-goes-missing

Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2015, 04:00:06 PM »
There was no reason why the McCanns and their family and friends shouldn't have joined the search teams during the week after Madeleine went missing.

Should I still search for my child myself once the police are involved?

Speak with the police to reach some agreement as to what you should do whilst they are searching, so that you do not duplicate each others’ efforts.

If you do head out to search for your child, ensure that someone remains in the family home - just in case your child returns home of your own accord.
http://www.closeronline.co.uk/2015/07/what-to-do-if-your-child-goes-missing

Especially the mother and father of the missing child who are in a state of collapse.  When they didn't have to be available for The Police.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2015, 04:08:22 PM »
Especially the mother and father of the missing child who are in a state of collapse.  When they didn't have to be available for The Police.

Don't you think every parent is in a state of collapse if their child goes missing. Doesn't stop them searching, does it ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2015, 04:15:18 PM »
Don't you think every parent is in a state of collapse if their child goes missing. Doesn't stop them searching, does it ?

Yes it does, if they have any sense.  Or do you think it's a good idea for them to come across the body of their child and then ruin the crime scene.
That is a real possibility.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2015, 04:16:50 PM »

According to Kate Mccann they were non functioning.......for the first 48 hours.
Result = happy posting.