Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411108 times)

Offline Benice

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #195 on: October 15, 2015, 10:40:58 PM »
That must be one of the most stupid replies I've ever seen to the question of searching for a missing child.  Every parent of a missing child goes out searching if they are able to but the McCanns thought going jogging was a better use of their time.

What a rude reply.

April Jones' parents didn't search after the police were called.   IMO after the press arrived it was impossible for the McCanns to go out and about in PdL.  They would have been mobbed on sight.

What was wrong with the McCanns jogging?   It's therapeutic apart from anything else.   Do you think they should have stayed cooped up in their apartment 24/7?   They weren't at home in the UK where things would have been completely different.

As for them returning to Portugal to search - as I mentioned before - Kate has been back several times - how do you know she didn't search?

In a previous post I pointed out the predictable reaction from people such as yourself if the McCanns had been regularly jetting off to Portugal.   I also pointed out that physical searching, when you don't even know whether your missing child is still in the same country, is the most unproductive and financially wasteful  method of searching - and is not  what the experts advise in order to give your child the best chance of being found   But as usual you did not reply to any of the points I made.  Very telling IMO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #196 on: October 15, 2015, 10:52:15 PM »
What a rude reply.

April Jones' parents didn't search after the police were called.   IMO after the press arrived it was impossible for the McCanns to go out and about in PdL.  They would have been mobbed on sight.

What was wrong with the McCanns jogging?   It's therapeutic apart from anything else.   Do you think they should have stayed cooped up in their apartment 24/7?   They weren't at home in the UK where things would have been completely different.

As for them returning to Portugal to search - as I mentioned before - Kate has been back several times - how do you know she didn't search?

In a previous post I pointed out the predictable reaction from people such as yourself if the McCanns had been regularly jetting off to Portugal.   I also pointed out that physical searching, when you don't even know whether your missing child is still in the same country, is the most unproductive and financially wasteful  method of searching - and is not  what the experts advise in order to give your child the best chance of being found   But as usual you did not reply to any of the points I made.  Very telling IMO

First of all you claim it was impossible for the McCanns to go out alone and then you attempt to justify their jogging which for the most part was undertaken whilst alone.  Which one is it Benice?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #197 on: October 15, 2015, 11:05:04 PM »
The first and most natural thing for the parents of any missing child is to search for them.  This usually happens even before police are called as occurred the night Madeleine disappeared.  When the police arrive on the scene it is then the parents job to sit down and brief the police as to what happened.  Every disappearance is different however but police will not encourage the parents of a missing child to go out searching unless there are specific reasons for doing so.  Ultimately, it is the parents call, it is they who decide whether to sit at home or go out and join the searchers.

I know that if it was my kid that I would be out there encouraging searchers no matter how difficult it was or how long it took.  Even after ground searches are completed there are many things which can be done in the immediate area or even further afield to keep the search alive.

The one thing you must always accomplish however and that is to keep the police on side. Bringing private investigators into an official search is asking for trouble.  The police hate being shadowed, they react badly to criticism and they do not react well to being told how to do their job.  The Portuguese police are no different from any other national police organisation, they have their faults and their flaws but cross them at your peril.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:16:15 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Benice

« Reply #198 on: October 15, 2015, 11:12:03 PM »
First of all you claim it was impossible for the McCanns to go out alone and then you attempt to justify their jogging which for the most part was undertaken whilst alone.  Which one is it Benice?

IMO it was Clarence Mitchell who came to a mutual arrangement with the press so that the McCanns could go out without being constantly pestered by them      Even then - there are many photos of the McCanns out jogging taken by the press - so they were still following them around - even if it was from a distance.

Perhaps you could elaborate on what kind of searching you expected the McCanns to do.  Go round knocking on doors asking questions perchance?   How could they do that - considering they couldn't speak the language and in any case they couldn't discuss the case with anyone due to the secrecy laws.

Maybe you could also tell us how you know that on Kate's numerous visits to Pdl -  which were not advertised in the press - she never searched.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #199 on: October 15, 2015, 11:22:09 PM »
The first and most natural thing for the parents of any missing child is to search for them.  This usually happens even before police are called as occurred the night Madeleine disappeared.  When the police arrive on the scene it is then the parents job to sit down and brief the police as to what happened.  Every disappearance is different however but police will not encourage the parents of a missing child to go out searching unless there are specific reasons for doing so.  Ultimately, it is the parents call, it is they who decide whether to sit at home or go out and join the searchers.

I know that if it was my kid that I would be out there encouraging searchers no matter how difficult it was or how long it took.  Even after ground searches are completed there are many things which can be done in the immediate area or even further afield to keep the search alive.

The one thing you must always accomplish however and that is to keep the police on side. Bringing private investigators into an official search is asking for trouble.  The police hate being shadowed, they react badly to criticism and they do not react well to being told how to do their job.  The Portuguese police are no different from any other national police organisation, they have their faults and their flaws but cross them at your peril.

The McCanns thought they could beat the police at their own game but it backfired on them big time!  Their private investigators merely harassed and antagonized witnesses from Ireland to Germany to Morocco and back.  Suing the policeman in charge was the most stupid thing they could ever have done, that lost them the sympathy vote.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:24:49 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline mercury

« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2015, 11:24:20 PM »
IMO it was Clarence Mitchell who came to a mutual arrangement with the press so that the McCanns could go out without being constantly pestered by them      Even then - there are many photos of the McCanns out jogging taken by the press - so they were still following them around - even if it was from a distance.

Perhaps you could elaborate on what kind of searching you expected the McCanns to do.  Go round knocking on doors asking questions perchance?   How could they do that - considering they couldn't speak the language and in any case they couldn't discuss the case with anyone due to the secrecy laws.

Maybe you could also tell us how you know that on Kate's numerous visits to Pdl -  which were not advertised in the press - she never searched.
the salient point is that as a mother she didn't even venture out....bizarre at best, sugar coat it as much as you like and bring in as many excuses as you desire.....Jane Hill got the measure when she asked her , as a mother, didn't she feel she had to be out there searchng with all the others, to which she responded, well, yes, but had been working really really hard, OK then, but not runnng out in panic to shout for her first born in the minutes and up to an hour when police were in the scene  is not normal IMO but don't worry I KNOW you won't agree and will probably say its abnormal or somethng really ridiculous like that!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:34:59 PM by mercury »

Offline Benice

« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2015, 11:39:12 PM »
the salient point is that as a mother she didn't even venture out....bizarre at best, sugar coat it as much as you like and bring in as many excuses as you desire.....Jane Hill got the measure when she asked her , as a mother, didn't she feel she had to be out there searchng with all the others, to which she responded, well, yes, but had been working really really hard, OK then

She did venture out - she and Gerry went out at dawn on the 4th and searched nearby roads etc.

I think Kate would have been more of a distraction than a help in those early days - as everyone searching would have been more interested in her than anything else IMO.

April Jones parents didn't search - and neither did Sandy Davidson's mother  - who said she simply couldn't do it because she was too frightened of what she might find.   Those parents have never been criticised -  so why the McCanns?     I don't get it.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2015, 11:39:45 PM »
the salient point is that as a mother she didn't even venture out....bizarre at best, sugar coat it as much as you like and bring in as many excuses as you desire.....Jane Hill got the measure when she asked her , as a mother, didn't she feel she had to be out there searchng with all the others, to which she responded, well, yes, but had been working really really hard, OK then, but not runnng out in panic to shout for her first born in the minutes and up to an hour when police were in the scene  is not normal IMO but don't worry I KNOW you won't agree and will probably say its abnormal or somethng really ridiculous like that!

Yes the most interesting aspect of Jane Hill's comment is it would seem Jane Hill, who as a reporter must have covered a few missing people cases, also found it strange that the McCanns hadn't searched themselves.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2015, 11:40:09 PM »

Another blatant lie.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2015, 11:44:45 PM »
She did venture out - she and Gerry went out at dawn on the 4th and searched nearby roads etc.

I think Kate would have been more of a distraction than a help in those early days - as everyone searching would have been more interested in her than anything else IMO.

April Jones parents didn't search - and neither did Sandy Davidson's mother  - who said she simply couldn't do it because she was too frightened of what she might find.   Those parents have never been criticised -  so why the McCanns?     I don't get it.

I think it was obvious from very early on that April Jones had been taken away in a motor vehicle so that probably played a part in the kind of searches that were carried out and her parents  participation in them.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2015, 11:45:14 PM »
Yes the most interesting aspect of Jane Hill's comment is it would seem Jane Hill, who as a reporter must have covered a few missing people cases, also found it strange that the McCanns hadn't searched themselves.
Where does Jane Hill say she found it strange they didn't search?  Another blatant lie!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2015, 11:50:35 PM »
Where does Jane Hill say she found it strange they didn't search?  Another blatant lie!

By asking the question it suggests she believed it was what most mothers would be doing.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2015, 11:51:38 PM »
And yet that didn't stop hundreds of townsfolk going out searching the area day and night for many days - but not April's mum, and no doubt there are people who criticise her for it, as there are those who criticise her for letting April play out, nasty b......s that they are!

Then you'd have to take that up with those people who do that Alfie.

Offline mercury

« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2015, 11:52:31 PM »

I'm not going to argue the toss with you or anyone else here, you find your kid missing and you don't go out shouting and looking for them till hours and hours later/the next day?? But just sit in a bed praying? and ringing people?Give me a break. ! You know very well I was talking abut the immediate aftermath, when the chld could have been anywhere nearby. Seems KM made her mind up immediately there was no point. So don't lecture me.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2015, 11:54:02 PM »
By asking the question it suggests she believed it was what most mothers would be doing.
Only in your opinion, you have decided that Jane Hill thinks Kate strange, that is completely biased and not based on anything other than your own "gut feel".