Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411119 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2015, 11:55:05 PM »
Then you'd have to take that up with those people who do that Alfie.
You've missed my main point.  The use of a car in April's abduction did not stop hundreds of people searching the local area, but not April's mum.  Why so?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2015, 11:55:21 PM »
Only in your opinion, you have decided that Jane Hill thinks Kate strange, that is completely biased and not based on anything other than your own "gut feel".

So why do you think Jane Hill asked the question Alfie ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2015, 11:55:51 PM »
I'm not going to argue the toss with you or anyone else here, you find your kid missing and you don't go out shouting and looking for them till hours and hours later/the next day?? But just sit in a bed praying? and ringing people?Give me a break. ! You know very well I was talking abut the immediate aftermath, when the chld could have been anywhere nearby. Seems KM made her mind up immediately there was no point. So don't lecture me.
You seem to be of the  opinion that Kate did no searching at all.  why is that?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2015, 11:57:44 PM »
You've missed my main point.  The use of a car in April's abduction did not stop hundreds of people searching the local area, but not April's mum.  Why so?

Did local people simply take it on themselves to search ? Were April's male relatives involved in the search ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2015, 12:03:57 AM »
So why do you think Jane Hill asked the question Alfie ?
Because she wanted to know if they'd been joining in the searches personally, why do you suppose it was a loaded question?  She asked plenty of questions as part of a 13 minute interview, why did she ask any of those questions?  Maybe it's because she's an interviewer... &%+((£

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2015, 12:04:50 AM »
Did local people simply take it on themselves to search ? Were April's male relatives involved in the search ?
What relevance do these questions have to the issue of whether or not her mother physically searched?

Offline Benice

« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2015, 12:07:05 AM »
I think it was obvious from very early on that April Jones had been taken away in a motor vehicle so that probably played a part in the kind of searches that were carried out and her parents  participation in them.

Children abducted by car are often dumped not too far away.  The police were searching the surrounding area for her  - so why couldn't April's parents do the same?   As it happens unlike yourself  -  I have no criticism whatsoever for whatever parents decide to do at such a terrible time in their lives.    There are NO rules on how parents of a missing child should react or behave - and we are all different.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2015, 12:07:55 AM »
Faithlilly is assuming that she knows what Jane Hill was thinking and feeling about the McCanns when she interviewed them in 2007.  I would say that this is gross arrogance and delusion on her part.

Good night.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2015, 12:09:26 AM »
The first and most natural thing for the parents of any missing child is to search for them.  This usually happens even before police are called as occurred the night Madeleine disappeared.  When the police arrive on the scene it is then the parents job to sit down and brief the police as to what happened.  Every disappearance is different however but police will not encourage the parents of a missing child to go out searching unless there are specific reasons for doing so.  Ultimately, it is the parents call, it is they who decide whether to sit at home or go out and join the searchers.

I know that if it was my kid that I would be out there encouraging searchers no matter how difficult it was or how long it took.  Even after ground searches are completed there are many things which can be done in the immediate area or even further afield to keep the search alive.

The one thing you must always accomplish however and that is to keep the police on side. Bringing private investigators into an official search is asking for trouble.  The police hate being shadowed, they react badly to criticism and they do not react well to being told how to do their job.  The Portuguese police are no different from any other national police organisation, they have their faults and their flaws but cross them at your peril.

I think it must be unprecedented for the parents of a missing child to feel the need to bring in private detectives to look for their child.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2015, 12:10:38 AM »

Because in many oif these situations the mothers are on the verge of a breakdown and so are prescribed medication to calm them so going out is a non starter.  Was Kate given medication per chance?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2015, 12:11:57 AM »
Like the rest of the McCanns friends and family perhaps Jill Renwick misheard what she was told?

Jill Renwick has known the couple since they all worked together at a Glasgow hospital more than a decade ago. She spoke to Kate at 7am on the morning after Madeleine vanished: "She just said, 'Help me, please help me'. She said, 'We've been searching all night until 4.30am, and then everybody left us'. At that stage there was only one police officer at the door. They didn't know what to do. So I phoned GMTV."
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/jun/02/ukcrime.comment
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2015, 12:13:40 AM »
I think it must be unprecedented for the parents of a missing child to feel the need to bring in private detectives to look for their child.

And doing so without police approval exibits a worrying contempt for those who had the power to make a difference.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:17:38 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2015, 12:14:24 AM »
Because she wanted to know if they'd been joining in the searches personally, why do you suppose it was a loaded question?  She asked plenty of questions as part of a 13 minute interview, why did she ask any of those questions?  Maybe it's because she's an interviewer... &%+((£

By the way she asked it it was obvious the question was loaded.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2015, 12:17:43 AM »
Because in many oif these situations the mothers are on the verge of a breakdown and so are prescribed medication to calm them so going out is a non starter.  Was Kate given medication per chance?

It has never been claimed that she was. We know that Gerry wasn't so why we're he and the other Tapas men not out searching after their token half hour 'look' ?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2015, 01:35:10 AM »

Kate was out searching when everybody had gone to bed.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.