Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411371 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2015, 08:11:37 AM »
By the way she asked it it was obvious the question was loaded.
Obvious to you, you see what you want to see.

Offline Benice

« Reply #226 on: October 16, 2015, 08:54:55 AM »
The Needham's searched.

The mccanns strolled on the beach early the following morning and that was that.

As to getting the investigation, that was Brooks doing.

Meanwhile the investigation hasn't found Madeleine or determined how she disappeared.

You have made that claim before - but have never provided a cite.   Could you do that please?

If it is true, then how do you know they were out for a morning stroll and not searching the beach area?
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #227 on: October 16, 2015, 09:10:08 AM »
You have made that claim before - but have never provided a cite.   Could you do that please?

If it is true, then how do you know they were out for a morning stroll and not searching the beach area?

I have already said in the past they physically  'searched' for a short time the following morning.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:56:49 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #228 on: October 16, 2015, 01:56:17 PM »
Perhaps you could elaborate on what kind of searching you expected the McCanns to do.  Go round knocking on doors asking questions perchance?   How could they do that - considering they couldn't speak the language and in any case they couldn't discuss the case with anyone due to the secrecy laws.

The best way of making a difference was to be seen in and around the area on a regular basis garnering support from those locals on the ground who know the area and might be able to provide help. Regular meetings with the local police encouraging them in the official search would also have gone a long way to helping the search. This would have become the norm instead of the side show we get every time they new show their faces.

And speaking of Portuguese, have either parent made any attempt to become adequate in the language given they are so intelligent and all?  As Madeleine disappeared in Portugal I would have thought learning the language would be a no brainer??

Maybe you could also tell us how you know that on Kate's numerous visits to Pdl -  which were not advertised in the press - she never searched.

Depends what you mean by searching.  I don't think the odd visit to the local church counts somehow.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:58:40 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #229 on: October 16, 2015, 02:06:25 PM »

Here you believe the book and there's nothing about searching the beach  &%+((£

Friday 4 May. Our first day without Madeleine. As soon as it was light Gerry and I resumed our search. We went up and down roads we’d never seen before, having barely left the Ocean Club complex all week. We jumped over walls and raked through undergrowth. We looked in ditches and holes. All was quiet apart from the sound of barking dogs, which added to the eeriness of the atmosphere. I remember opening a big dumpster-type bin and saying to myself, please God, don’t let her be in here. The most striking and horrific thing about all this was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed, was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents. We must have been out for at least an hour before returning to David and Fiona’s apartment, where Sean and Amelie were now up and about. The twins, distracted by having Lily and Scarlett to play with, didn’t mention Madeleine, mercifully.

Many holes to be found is there?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #230 on: October 16, 2015, 02:17:07 PM »

Friday 4 May. Our first day without Madeleine. As soon as it was light Gerry and I resumed our search. We went up and down roads we’d never seen before, having barely left the Ocean Club complex all week. We jumped over walls and raked through undergrowth. We looked in ditches and holes. All was quiet apart from the sound of barking dogs, which added to the eeriness of the atmosphere. I remember opening a big dumpster-type bin and saying to myself, please God, don’t let her be in here. The most striking and horrific thing about all this was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed, was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents. We must have been out for at least an hour before returning to David and Fiona’s apartment, where Sean and Amelie were now up and about. The twins, distracted by having Lily and Scarlett to play with, didn’t mention Madeleine, mercifully.

Remind me, did either of them go to the police station to enquire of the officer in charge as to what progress was being made?  Isn't that what a parent normally does in such a situation??
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:25:38 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #231 on: October 16, 2015, 03:23:50 PM »
Perhaps people were taking a brief rest after being out all night, and that's why the McCanns didn't see anyone searching?

During this night and the following dawn, intensive searches were made by PJ officers, GNR soldiers with sniffer dogs and by members of the public organised in groups, as well as by the parents, groups of friends and employees of the resort.
At 02.00 in the morning following the disappearance two sniffer dogs arrived in Praia da Luz and continued searching until the morning, covering the entire perimeter of the Ocean Club resort, urban area, waste ground and the closest homes, all the possible sites where the girl might be having been searched, the search later being extended to the beach area, the PJ duty officer also requested the GNR to issue an order for all officers who were on patrol to be alert and identify cars and persons that were circulating at that time.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LEGAL_SUMMARY.htm

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #232 on: October 16, 2015, 04:05:33 PM »
The McCanns were too traumatised to be involved in the initial searches...I find their behaviour absolutely normal
All this criticism is just the usual sceptic McCann bashing....
Quite predictable

stephen25000

« Reply #233 on: October 16, 2015, 04:20:17 PM »
The McCanns were too traumatised to be involved in the initial searches...I find their behaviour absolutely normal
All this criticism is just the usual sceptic McCann bashing....
Quite predictable

Your post is predictable.

Real parents would have searched

Offline Benice

« Reply #234 on: October 16, 2015, 06:19:38 PM »

Yes I know - which is why I asked Stephen for a cite, as he is the poster who claims the McCanns went for a stroll on the beach the next morning. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

stephen25000

« Reply #235 on: October 16, 2015, 06:27:35 PM »
Yes I know - which is why I asked Stephen for a cite, as he is the poster who claims the McCanns went for a stroll on the beach the next morning.

Have you actually taken the time to read my earlier reply ?

Offline Benice

« Reply #236 on: October 16, 2015, 06:47:52 PM »
Remind me, did either of them go to the police station to enquire of the officer in charge as to what progress was being made?  Isn't that what a parent normally does in such a situation??

No - they have Family Liason Officers to do that.   

stephen25000

« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2015, 06:49:52 PM »
No - they have Family Liason Officers to do that.   

Why did they need liaison officers ?

Why couldn't they take the responsibility themselves ?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2015, 07:00:26 PM »

Kate was looking for a priest all night and the church is next to the beach so why didn't she go there? Do you think she didn't because it's not in her book?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2015, 07:19:16 PM »
Why did they need liaison officers ?

Why couldn't they take the responsibility themselves ?

God help you if anything like this ever happens to you.