Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411357 times)

Offline Lace

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2015, 05:14:46 PM »
Good parents would never have placed their children in such a situation in the first place.

Next, their physical searching was minimal.

Thought we were discussing the searching Stephen not the parents leaving the children.

You think their physical searching was minimal,   but they searched everywhere that Madeleine may have gone then they waited for the police which is all they could do.

stephen25000

« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »
Thought we were discussing the searching Stephen not the parents leaving the children.

You think their physical searching was minimal,   but they searched everywhere that Madeleine may have gone then they waited for the police which is all they could do.

One brief search and that was that.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2015, 06:38:27 PM »
Didn't anyone look along that road?

it would have done no good knocking on doors as if someone who had Madeleine would say 'yes I have her'.

When Kerry Needham knocked on doors looking for Ben,  because of the language barrier they slammed the door in her face because they didn't know what she wanted.

Bit of on own goal that Lace !! At least Kerry tried. At least she made an effort to actually physically search for her child.

As to if anyone looked along the road taken by Tannerman, no one claimed they did.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #273 on: October 17, 2015, 06:45:16 PM »
Didn't anyone look along that road?

it would have done no good knocking on doors as if someone who had Madeleine would say 'yes I have her'.

When Kerry Needham knocked on doors looking for Ben,  because of the language barrier they slammed the door in her face because they didn't know what she wanted.
The T9 experience of Luz to that point was that most if not all people spoke English.

Check in was English.  Dining at the Millennium and Tapas was English.  Booking the Tapas was English.  The other guests in the OC spoke English.  The ice cream seller spoke English.  The sunglasses seller spoke English.

As it happens, every school child in Portugal learns English for 8 years, but the T9 could hardly know that.

And does it matter?  Take Jane with you when you knock on doors, or simply use her description to rule people in/out.  Plus, what I would be looking for was someone who could tell me they had seen a man with a child further east of 5A, so I got more info on where he headed.

This was not having your holiday cash lifted, it was having your child lifted.  Would you NOT have knocked on doors?
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2015, 06:50:47 PM »
Bit of on own goal that Lace !! At least Kerry tried. At least she made an effort to actually physically search for her child.

As to if anyone looked along the road taken by Tannerman, no one claimed they did.
To be accurate, Matthew Oldfield seems to have headed that way when he went to the Millennium.  However, I'm not sure if he knew about Tannerman at the time.  He simply went on the basis that Madeleine had been to the Millennium.
What's up, old man?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2015, 07:14:11 PM »
To be accurate, Matthew Oldfield seems to have headed that way when he went to the Millennium.  However, I'm not sure if he knew about Tannerman at the time.  He simply went on the basis that Madeleine had been to the Millennium.
When the family returned from dinner at Millenium on Sat evening they headed west on R Ramalhete, turned south on Rua 1 Maio, then turned east on Rua Silva. This circuitous route was because they missed a turn and got lost (it's in the files).
If the child wandered on evening 3rd May by retracing backwards that remembered route, she would have gone west on Rua Silva, north on Rua 1 Maio, then east on Rua Ramalhete.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #276 on: October 17, 2015, 07:28:47 PM »
When the family returned from dinner at Millenium on Sat evening they headed west on R Ramalhete, turned south on Rua 1 Maio, then turned east on Rua Silva. This circuitous route was because they missed a turn and got lost (it's in the files).
If the child wandered on evening 3rd May by retracing backwards that remembered route, she would have gone west on Rua Silva, north on Rua 1 Maio, then east on Rua Ramalhete.
I wasn't aware of that.  I don't know whether Matthew was aware of it.

However, the McCanns had dinner at the Millennium, plus breakfast the next day, before they settled on Baptista for breakfast and Tapas for dinner.  It is a presumption, but that suggests 3 times by the short route versus 1 by a longer route.

Matthew does not state which route he took, merely that he went to the Millennium.  It is my assumption that he headed east, given that by then Matthew should have worked out the short route.  And if he did, he was on the Tannerman route, though he does not appear to have had Tannerman on his mind.
What's up, old man?

Offline Lace

« Reply #277 on: October 17, 2015, 07:51:42 PM »

Kerry searched the route where she thought Ben may have wandered,   the McCann's and friends searched the routes where they thought Madeleine may have wandered.

It's unfair to put the two families up against each other as you are doing Faithlily,   both families searched for their child.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #278 on: October 17, 2015, 08:12:08 PM »
Kerry searched the route where she thought Ben may have wandered,   the McCann's and friends searched the routes where they thought Madeleine may have wandered.

It's unfair to put the two families up against each other as you are doing Faithlily,   both families searched for their child.

That's simply not true Lace.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:25:33 PM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #279 on: October 17, 2015, 09:58:25 PM »
I wasn't aware of that.  I don't know whether Matthew was aware of it.

However, the McCanns had dinner at the Millennium, plus breakfast the next day, before they settled on Baptista for breakfast and Tapas for dinner.  It is a presumption, but that suggests 3 times by the short route versus 1 by a longer route.

Matthew does not state which route he took, merely that he went to the Millennium.  It is my assumption that he headed east, given that by then Matthew should have worked out the short route.  And if he did, he was on the Tannerman route, though he does not appear to have had Tannerman on his mind.
IMO the missing child never went to Millenium for breakfast, and the only time she went there was Sat evening for dinner, when they walked there via the direct road route, however they got lost on the way back:
"About an hour later they finished dinner, and returned, equally walking, by the same route, though going wrong in one of the streets where they should have turned left, ending up only turning only at the next street." (GM statement 10 May).
The only way to interpret that is - when they were walking home along Rua Ramalhete they missed the left onto Rua Silva and so took the next left onto Rua 1 Maio and then left onto other end of Rua Silva.
Yes MO in the early search took the direct road route to Millenium, however IMO if the child wandered towards Millenium she would probably have retraced backwards the longer "got lost" route.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #280 on: October 18, 2015, 01:13:11 AM »
When the two PJ officers arrived, they did not search the apartment.

Offline mercury

« Reply #281 on: October 18, 2015, 02:12:02 AM »
IMO the missing child never went to Millenium for breakfast, and the only time she went there was Sat evening for dinner, when they walked there via the direct road route, however they got lost on the way back:
"About an hour later they finished dinner, and returned, equally walking, by the same route, though going wrong in one of the streets where they should have turned left, ending up only turning only at the next street." (GM statement 10 May).
The only way to interpret that is - when they were walking home along Rua Ramalhete they missed the left onto Rua Silva and so took the next left onto Rua 1 Maio and then left onto other end of Rua Silva.
Yes MO in the early search took the direct road route to Millenium, however IMO if the child wandered towards Millenium she would probably have retraced backwards the longer "got lost" route.

IMO the mssing child  never even tried to walk to the millennium ....she either never left that flat or if she did and it's a very big if, she would have gone tapas way

Offline misty

« Reply #282 on: October 18, 2015, 02:18:54 AM »
When the two PJ officers arrived, they did not search the apartment.

One of them was the CSI officer.http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOAO_BARREIRAS.htm
*snipped*
After the arrival of the witness and his colleague Vitor Martins the scene was isolated and the inspection began, namely the collection of statements and inspection of the scene, the respective reports that were subsequently attached to the process documents.

The witness carried out finger print testing on the inside of the bedroom window, where the girl had been sleeping, leaving other examinations for the following day given that on that occasion these tests could not be carried out in the best technical conditions. For this reason, the apartments and the surrounding area were sealed off, watched over by the GNR officers who remained on site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you suggesting that Madeleine was still in the apartment after it was secured?

Offline Lace

« Reply #283 on: October 18, 2015, 09:08:05 AM »
That's simply not true Lace.

What isn't true?    The fact that the parents and friends searched for Madeleine or that you are setting two families up against each other?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2015, 11:05:52 AM »
@Misty I'm not suggesting anything just reading the Martins and Barreiras statements they did not search the flat.