Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411119 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #300 on: October 18, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
How is having someone else manage a social media page and a website  searching?

A website that hasn't been updated in an age and a social media page that considers, from its prominence, a video of Kate and Gerry whining outside the court in Lisbon more important than the efits of the man suspected of abducting their daughter.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #301 on: October 18, 2015, 04:05:38 PM »
@ShiningInLuz

Do you know the exact whereabouts of a building called  Urbanizacao Ramalhete, near the Ocean Club?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #302 on: October 18, 2015, 04:50:34 PM »
@ShiningInLuz

Do you know the exact whereabouts of a building called  Urbanizacao Ramalhete, near the Ocean Club?
That is an area of several lots, do you have a lot number Misty?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #303 on: October 18, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »
@ShiningInLuz

Not off the top of my head, no.

However, building is edificio, whereas urbanização means urbanisation, or a group of buildings.

I can see that lote 2, 3, and 4 have businesses registered at them, but that is about the sum of what I have found thus far.  Do you have any more clues?
What's up, old man?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #304 on: October 18, 2015, 05:03:39 PM »
Let's hear how the search should have been conducted then.  Let's hear from the McCann critics all about what actual, physical searching you would do if your child had disappeared thousands of miles from your home, how far you would extend out from the place she disappeared from, how long you would spend, etc, in each of the following:

1) in the hour after your child disappaeared.
2) in the day after your child disappeared.
3) in the week after your child disappeared
4) in the month after your child disappeared.
5)in the year after your child disappeared.
6) 2 years after your child disappeared.
7) 5 years after your child disappeared.
8) 10 years after your child disappeared.

We have heard from some of you that you would never give up looking, that you would have remained in Portugal until the child was found, blah blah blah so let's collectively write up the definitive guide to proper parental searching, for future parents of missing kids.

Offline Lace

« Reply #305 on: October 18, 2015, 05:07:57 PM »
How is having someone else manage a social media page and a website  searching?

Well maybe they have someone who would do the job better than they would,  have better internet skills.

It's the only searching they can do isn't it,   how else can they search you tell me.

Offline misty

« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2015, 05:09:13 PM »
Not off the top of my head, no.

However, building is edificio, whereas urbanização means urbanisation, or a group of buildings.

I can see that lote 2, 3, and 4 have businesses registered at them, but that is about the sum of what I have found thus far.  Do you have any more clues?

For you & Pegasus - Casa H, that's all I have.

Offline jassi

« Reply #307 on: October 18, 2015, 05:12:00 PM »
Well maybe they have someone who would do the job better than they would,  have better internet skills.

It's the only searching they can do isn't it,   how else can they search you tell me.

Why? It's not me making the claim.
Promoting their cause via the internet might keep their name in the media, but is not actually searching.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #308 on: October 18, 2015, 05:15:16 PM »
Promoting their cause via the internet might keep their name in the media, but is not actually searching.

Would we all still be talking about Madeleine daily without the social media?

Offline Lace

« Reply #309 on: October 18, 2015, 05:15:49 PM »
Would we all still be talking about Madeleine daily without the social media?

They deal with sightings don't they?   

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #310 on: October 18, 2015, 05:16:22 PM »
Tell us what they should be doing then.  See my post above.  If successfully keeping their child's name in the collective conscience for 8+ years is not enough, tell us which doors they should be knocking on, which drains they should be digging up, which bin lids they should be lifting, and how many hours a day, week, month and year they should be doing it.  It's no good whingeing about their lack of physical searching without at the same time being clear about what you expect of parents of missing children, a day, a week, a month, a year, a decade down the line. 

Offline John

« Reply #311 on: October 18, 2015, 05:28:45 PM »
@ShiningInLuz

Isn't that where Salty Jacks is built?   Just up behind the Millennium restaurant (more recently The Mirage)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:34:42 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline misty

« Reply #312 on: October 18, 2015, 05:37:11 PM »
Isn't that where Salty Jacks is built?   Just up by the Millennium restaurant (more recently The Mirage)

Thanks, John. I'd seen that on Google (looks very nice, too). I'm just interested in how close the address is to
Edifico da Luz.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »
Let's hear how the search should have been conducted then.  Let's hear from the McCann critics all about what actual, physical searching you would do if your child had disappeared thousands of miles from your home, how far you would extend out from the place she disappeared from, how long you would spend, etc, in each of the following:

We have heard from some of you that you would never give up looking, that you would have remained in Portugal until the child was found, blah blah blah so let's collectively write up the definitive guide to proper parental searching, for future parents of missing kids.

Shall we start off with what parents shouldn't do when searching :

1) Only give your PIs who have been tasked with searching for your child access to part of the investigation files ( David Edgar's evidence in Lisbon )
2) When your PIs have identified a likely suspect put all your money and energy into investigating a sighting they say has no credibility.
3) When arguably one of the finest police forces in the world have identified a person of interest don't make the efits of that person less important than a sighting that has already been ruled out.
4) Bury the efits of the identified person of interest behind an anonymous button on your Facebook page.
5) Leave the website connected to your campaign unmanned for months or years at a time.
6) Don't use money donated to fund the search on anything but the actual search.
7) Don't be less than open and cooperative with the police force investigating your child's disappearance.

I'm sure there's more but I think that's enough to be going on with.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:52:51 PM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2015, 05:55:13 PM »

Actual physical searching on site.
1. Everywhere I could conceive of the child being in and around of the apartment and it's immediate locality.
Call the cops and notify reception. Continue searching areas with which she would be familiar until the cops arrive. Give the cops all the info they asked for then butt out of the search and let the cops get on with it.
2,3,4,5,6 & 7 nothing unless the cops or media came up with a credible sighting.
8. I wouldn't reach 8. After 7 years sadly I would apply for death in absentia.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey