Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411270 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2015, 06:06:44 PM »
Actual physical searching on site.
1. Everywhere I could conceive of the child being in and around of the apartment and it's immediate locality.
Call the cops and notify reception. Continue searching areas with which she would be familiar until the cops arrive. Give the cops all the info they asked for then butt out of the search and let the cops get on with it.
2,3,4,5,6 & 7 nothing unless the cops or media came up with a credible sighting.
8. I wouldn't reach 8. After 7 years sadly I would apply for death in absentia.
So, pretty much everything the McCanns did then.

ETa why would you apply for death in absntia?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:19:52 PM by Alfred R Jones »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2015, 06:08:07 PM »
Shall we start off with what parents shouldn't do when searching :

1) Only give your PIs who have been tasked with searching for your child access to part of the investigation files ( David Edgar's evidence in Lisbon )
2) When your PIs have identified a likely suspect put all your money and energy into investigating a sighting they say has no credibility.
3) When arguably one of the finest police forces in the world have identified a person of interest don't make the efits of that person less important than a sighting that has already been ruled out.
4) Bury the efits of the identified person of interest behind an anonymous button on your Facebook page.
5) Leave the website connected to your campaign unmanned for months or years at a time.
6) Don't use money donated to fund the search on anything but the actual search.
7) Don't be less than open and cooperative with the police force investigating your child's disappearance.

I'm sure there's more but I think that's enough to be going on with.
Could you actually answer my questions, not you own question?  Many thanks.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #317 on: October 18, 2015, 06:32:24 PM »
So, pretty much everything the McCanns did then.

ETa why would you apply for death in absntia?
1 Provided you discount hiring PI's early doors which could be counterproductive to the police investigation and not being particularly cooperative with the local police.
2 It would be the most pragmatic thing to do in my book.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #318 on: October 18, 2015, 06:36:14 PM »
1 Provided you discount hiring PI's early doors which could be counterproductive to the police investigation and not being particularly cooperative with the local police.
2 It would be the most pragmatic thing to do in my book.
1) in what way were the McCanns not particularly cooperative with the local police?
2) I don't see what advantages there could possibly be in declaring a missing child dead, unless as a way of pyschologically dawing a line under it, and getting on with the rest of your life.  Is this what you think the Mccanns should have already done?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #319 on: October 18, 2015, 06:55:31 PM »
Isn't that where Salty Jacks is built?   Just up behind the Millennium restaurant (more recently The Mirage)
That area just N of the Millennium and S of Quinta da Bela Vista does appear to be Urbanização Ramalhete, and it has got the correct post code.

That is one area of Luz that I have never trekked over, as there is nothing commercial on it.

Lote 7 is a large villa, but it is advertised on-line as consisting of one-bedroom apartments for 35€ a night, so it looks like it competes with Salty Jacks and the Mirage apartments.

The Millennium and the Mirage are different establishments, both of which existed in Madeleine's day and both of which feature prominently in the file.

The Mirage + Mirage apartments are up for sale now, so if anyone wants to waste an eye watering sum of money (the owner wants silly money for something that is losing cash now), please let me know.

As to Casa H.... hmmm.
What's up, old man?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #320 on: October 18, 2015, 06:59:32 PM »
Actual physical searching on site.
1. Everywhere I could conceive of the child being in and around of the apartment and it's immediate locality.
Call the cops and notify reception. Continue searching areas with which she would be familiar until the cops arrive. Give the cops all the info they asked for then butt out of the search and let the cops get on with it.
2,3,4,5,6 & 7 nothing unless the cops or media came up with a credible sighting.
8. I wouldn't reach 8. After 7 years sadly I would apply for death in absentia.

You would have your own missing child declared dead in the absence of any evidence that she actually is?  I see.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #321 on: October 18, 2015, 07:06:24 PM »
You would have your own missing child declared dead in the absence of any evidence that she actually is?  I see.

I doubt you do see.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2015, 07:15:43 PM »
1) in what way were the McCanns not particularly cooperative with the local police?
2) I don't see what advantages there could possibly be in declaring a missing child dead, unless as a way of pyschologically dawing a line under it, and getting on with the rest of your life.  Is this what you think the Mccanns should have already done?
1. RTFF.
2 I said what I would do and why. What you the McCanns and the forum's Magrat, Esme & Gytha do and think ain't exactly relevant to what I would do or think.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2015, 07:18:54 PM »
I doubt you do see.

Oh, believe me, I do.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2015, 07:22:57 PM »
Oh, believe me, I do.

So tell me and the forum so we can be appraised of your startling perspicacity.
I think it unseemly for mods to try to goad posters into pissing contests.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #325 on: October 18, 2015, 07:24:44 PM »
1. RTFF.
2 I said what I would do and why. What you the McCanns and the forum's Magrat, Esme & Gytha do and think ain't exactly relevant to what I would do or think.
1. what does that stand for? *
2)You didn't really say why you would do it, only that it was the pragmatic thing to do.  How does a child being legally declared dead help you in any way, unless it is to help you draw a line under it and move on?  Is that what you mean? 

* read the f.....g files, right?  I have but I'm asking you in what way the McCanns were less than cooperative, particularly in the first few months of their child's disappearance?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:28:10 PM by Alfred R Jones »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2015, 07:29:50 PM »
So tell me and the forum so we can be appraised of your startling perspicacity.
I think it unseemly for mods to try to goad posters into pissing contests.
But this statement by Eleanor is correct isn't it?

You would have your own missing child declared dead in the absence of any evidence that she actually is?

What's not to see?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #327 on: October 18, 2015, 07:35:05 PM »
1. what does that stand for? *
2)You didn't really say why you would do it, only that it was the pragmatic thing to do.  How does a child being legally declared dead help you in any way, unless it is to help you draw a line under it and move on?  Is that what you mean? 

* read the f.....g files, right?  I have but I'm asking you in what way the McCanns were less than cooperative, particularly in the first few months of their child's disappearance?

I know you asked me. You asked two questions initially and I answered them. Now you want to play 20 questions with my answers to those questions.
That's not my bag so make do with what you have. You can make up the rest if you like. Others appear to be.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #328 on: October 18, 2015, 07:42:46 PM »
But this statement by Eleanor is correct isn't it?

You would have your own missing child declared dead in the absence of any evidence that she actually is?

What's not to see?

I would have my own missing child declared dead under the rules of death in absentia which is not quite the same as that which you and the senior mod appear to be saying.
Do you find something less than desirable about this? I find it the pragmatic thing to do. I don't expect you to agree but that's your prerogative.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #329 on: October 18, 2015, 07:52:44 PM »
I would have my own missing child declared dead under the rules of death in absentia which is not quite the same as that which you and the senior mod appear to be saying.
Do you find something less than desirable about this? I find it the pragmatic thing to do. I don't expect you to agree but that's your prerogative.
As you don't seem to like engaging in discussion or being asked to clarify the statements you make on this forum,  there seems little point interacting with you any further.