Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411461 times)

ferryman

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #345 on: October 19, 2015, 05:07:56 PM »
You clearly didn't, neither did Eleanor.
You both posted:
"You would have your own missing child declared dead in the absence of any evidence that she actually is?"

Death in absentia works on there being no evidence the person is alive.

Used as a legal tool where the estates of missing people can be distributed if there is (regarded as) compelling evidence that someone might be dead, and where keeping the estate locked might cause hardship.

None of that applicable to Madeleine ...

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #346 on: October 19, 2015, 05:14:44 PM »
Used as a legal tool where the estates of missing people can be distributed if there is (regarded as) compelling evidence that someone might be dead, and where keeping the estate locked might cause hardship.

None of that applicable to Madeleine ...

I never said it was.
Round and round the bleedin' mulberry bush
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #347 on: October 19, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »
You could always take your own advice and answer questions posed to you by other posters including me instead of ignoring them.

Let's try again shall we?

From your own quote: "Death in absentia
A person may be legally declared dead (declared death in absentia or legal presumption of death) despite the absence of direct proof of the person's death..."
How does this differ from what Eleanor wrote: "You would have your own missing child declared dead in the absence of any evidence that she actually is?"

Yours in fevered anticipation.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #348 on: October 20, 2015, 07:16:41 PM »
There are witness reports of the father searching that night.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #349 on: October 21, 2015, 01:19:55 PM »
Haven't seen him for days!

Just Fred and Nobby.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #350 on: October 21, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »
Just Fred and Nobby.

More like Bert and Nobby (very old Army recruiting film).
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #351 on: October 21, 2015, 03:47:40 PM »
Let's try again shall we?

From your own quote: "Death in absentia
A person may be legally declared dead (declared death in absentia or legal presumption of death) despite the absence of direct proof of the person's death..."
How does this differ from what Eleanor wrote: "You would have your own missing child declared dead in the absence of any evidence that she actually is?"

Yours in fevered anticipation.
I trust the fever is better.
To continue the quote you snipped:
"Such a declaration is typically made when a person has been missing for an extended period of time and in the absence of any evidence that the person is still alive -"
PONG
your PING

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #352 on: October 21, 2015, 04:02:53 PM »
I trust the fever is better.
To continue the quote you snipped:
"Such a declaration is typically made when a person has been missing for an extended period of time and in the absence of any evidence that the person is still alive -"
PONG
your PING
So what exactly?  How does your nitpicking over a legal technicality mean that either Eleanor or myself (not in a court of law, but on a chat forum) are wrong to ask you if you (that's you personally and not an applicant in an actual court of law) would seek to have your own child declared dead despite the absence of any evidence that she actually is? 

And if you really want to get nit-picky and have your pong pinged back atcha, there's no such thing as 'applying for death in absentia'.

And you still haven't explained how having your child legally declared dead is a preferable thing to not having her declared dead.   I assume it would be to enable you to achieve closure of some sort, am I wrong?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #353 on: October 21, 2015, 04:26:35 PM »
So what exactly?  How does your nitpicking over a legal technicality mean that either Eleanor or myself (not in a court of law, but on a chat forum) are wrong to ask you if you (that's you personally and not an applicant in an actual court of law) would seek to have your own child declared dead despite the absence of any evidence that she actually is? 

And if you really want to get nit-picky and have your pong pinged back atcha, there's no such thing as 'applying for death in absentia'.

And you still haven't explained how having your child legally declared dead is a preferable thing to not having her declared dead.   I assume it would be to enable you to achieve closure of some sort, am I wrong?

Just putting it in the correct context.
In didn't say it was preferable. I said that is what I would do.
Now hows about you answer my question that you gave a body swerve to a while back? You being hot on that sort thing getting all huffy when others don't answer your questions.
PONG

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #354 on: October 21, 2015, 05:22:36 PM »
Just putting it in the correct context.
In didn't say it was preferable. I said that is what I would do.
Now hows about you answer my question that you gave a body swerve to a while back? You being hot on that sort thing getting all huffy when others don't answer your questions.
PONG
What questions of yours have I avoided?  Do tell.

In the meantime you have yet again avoided mine.  You would apply for "death in absentia" (sic) for your missing child as soon as it is possible to do so because it is the "pragmatic" thing to do.  Why is it the pragmatic thing to do?

ETA: I have gone back through every post of yours back as far as page 14 and can find no questions of yours addressed to me that remain unanswered - so unless these were questions that you posed before then, I think you must be mistaken. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:30:37 PM by Alfred R Jones »

Offline Lace

« Reply #355 on: October 21, 2015, 06:34:57 PM »
There are witness reports of the father searching that night.

There are Pegasus,   they searched as much as they could it being a foreign country,  then they waited for the police to arrive,  which is what anyone would do.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #356 on: October 21, 2015, 07:25:15 PM »
What questions of yours have I avoided?  Do tell.

In the meantime you have yet again avoided mine.  You would apply for "death in absentia" (sic) for your missing child as soon as it is possible to do so because it is the "pragmatic" thing to do.  Why is it the pragmatic thing to do?

ETA: I have gone back through every post of yours back as far as page 14 and can find no questions of yours addressed to me that remain unanswered - so unless these were questions that you posed before then, I think you must be mistaken.

I am sure you can find it if you try hard enough.

Because I choose not to in the knowledge that if your previous MO is anything to go by you will persist in asking questions that become further and further from the original topic. Then when a question is not answered you will shriek foul. Try a change of tax discs and surprise us all  8(>((

Offline Admin

« Reply #357 on: October 22, 2015, 02:17:05 AM »
A reminder to all members.

Bad language will not be tolerated on this forum.  Any member found to be persistently breaching this rule will have their membership suspended.  Please continue to report non compliances as and when they occur.

Admin

Offline pegasus

« Reply #358 on: October 23, 2015, 04:44:01 PM »
Reportedly according to a fisherman, searching near shore was still going on at 1am ...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 07:54:50 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #359 on: October 24, 2015, 07:56:43 PM »
... ask Cândido