Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411404 times)

Offline misty

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #360 on: October 24, 2015, 11:58:47 PM »
As Gerry McCann was due to testify today (June 16) in the long-running civil action for defamation that he and wife Kate have taken out against former detective Gonçalo Amaral, damning new claims about his behaviour on the night three-year-old Madeleine disappeared have appeared in the Portuguese press. On Sunday, the headline of a story carried by Correio da Manhã proclaimed “Gerry searched for Maddie drunk”, while in the evening the policeman whose inconvenient theory the couple is demanding over a million euros in damages for went on television to describe how a key witness had placed Gerry McCann on Luz beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but how that witness’ testimony has since been “wiped from police records”. The first story hinged on an account from farmer and former fisherman Cândido Furtado who lives a short walk from Luz church overlooking the beach. Furtado told journalists how he had seen Gerry McCann “totally drunk” calling Madeleine’s name in the street in the early hours of the morning after she reportedly vanished. “The father was walking at 1am with a bottle of wine in his hand,” Furtado told CM. “He was calling the child’s name outside my door, and I asked him ‘what kind of noise is this?’ He said: ‘Menina, menina, embora, embora’.” Father and grandfather Furtado said he told Gerry McCann to call the police, and then went fishing. But as CM adds, “he had no doubts that Gerry McCann was drunk”. “You could see it instantly, by the way he was walking,” he told the paper. Intriguingly, hours later, former police inspector Gonçalo Amaral went on air on CMTV to say Gerry McCann had also been seen on the beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but that the witness who placed him there (a British tourist) had her testimony wiped from police records.
7- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/new-revelations-as-mccanns-go-all-out-for-%E2%82%AC1-million-in-damages#sthash.QcHcua0P.dpuf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://news.sky.com/story/1279830/madeleine-mccann-police-bring-in-sniffer-dogs
The land just outside the resort of Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, was taped off by Portuguese police early this morning ahead of the British team's arrival.

Within an hour, British police were back out on the ground and searching the new area, which lies on the road between Praia da Luz and the town of Lagos and sits behind a water treatment plant.

Police sniffer dogs from South Wales Police were out on the land this morning and then search teams formed a line and systematically searched the ground with sticks.

Local handyman Candido Furtado told Sky News: "I can't understand why they are searching here, On this land they will only find bones from buried horses and donkeys.

"I have always worked here and I never seen anything suspicious or any disturbed ground."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An honest & reliable witness?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #361 on: October 25, 2015, 12:12:06 AM »
As Gerry McCann was due to testify today (June 16) in the long-running civil action for defamation that he and wife Kate have taken out against former detective Gonçalo Amaral, damning new claims about his behaviour on the night three-year-old Madeleine disappeared have appeared in the Portuguese press. On Sunday, the headline of a story carried by Correio da Manhã proclaimed “Gerry searched for Maddie drunk”, while in the evening the policeman whose inconvenient theory the couple is demanding over a million euros in damages for went on television to describe how a key witness had placed Gerry McCann on Luz beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but how that witness’ testimony has since been “wiped from police records”. The first story hinged on an account from farmer and former fisherman Cândido Furtado who lives a short walk from Luz church overlooking the beach. Furtado told journalists how he had seen Gerry McCann “totally drunk” calling Madeleine’s name in the street in the early hours of the morning after she reportedly vanished. “The father was walking at 1am with a bottle of wine in his hand,” Furtado told CM. “He was calling the child’s name outside my door, and I asked him ‘what kind of noise is this?’ He said: ‘Menina, menina, embora, embora’.” Father and grandfather Furtado said he told Gerry McCann to call the police, and then went fishing. But as CM adds, “he had no doubts that Gerry McCann was drunk”. “You could see it instantly, by the way he was walking,” he told the paper. Intriguingly, hours later, former police inspector Gonçalo Amaral went on air on CMTV to say Gerry McCann had also been seen on the beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but that the witness who placed him there (a British tourist) had her testimony wiped from police records.
7- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/new-revelations-as-mccanns-go-all-out-for-%E2%82%AC1-million-in-damages#sthash.QcHcua0P.dpuf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://news.sky.com/story/1279830/madeleine-mccann-police-bring-in-sniffer-dogs
The land just outside the resort of Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, was taped off by Portuguese police early this morning ahead of the British team's arrival.

Within an hour, British police were back out on the ground and searching the new area, which lies on the road between Praia da Luz and the town of Lagos and sits behind a water treatment plant.

Police sniffer dogs from South Wales Police were out on the land this morning and then search teams formed a line and systematically searched the ground with sticks.

Local handyman Candido Furtado told Sky News: "I can't understand why they are searching here, On this land they will only find bones from buried horses and donkeys.

"I have always worked here and I never seen anything suspicious or any disturbed ground."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An honest & reliable witness?
'Menina, menina, embora, embora’

If Gerry knows to this today what he supposedly knew then in Portuguese, I will be happy to buy you fish and chips on the Algarve.

Please note, we do not get cod around here.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 06:28:30 PM by ShiningInLuz »
What's up, old man?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #362 on: October 25, 2015, 01:18:58 AM »
Thanks Shining, you buy me sardines and chips, I'll bring a bottle, NZ or house red?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #363 on: October 25, 2015, 04:06:49 AM »
The original Correio Da Manha article
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8DEK4NiJdZIJ:www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/gerry-procurava-maddie-bebedo.html
While Ms Donn of the Portugal News is probably the very best english language journalist in this case, her non-translation of the words "menina" and "embora" is arbitrary and they should have been translated back into the original English IMO.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #364 on: October 25, 2015, 04:24:23 AM »
The original Correio Da Manha article
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8DEK4NiJdZIJ:www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/gerry-procurava-maddie-bebedo.html
While Ms Donn of the Portugal News is probably the very best english language journalist in this case, her non-translation of the words "menina" and "embora" is arbitrary and they should have been translated back into the original English IMO.

So exactly what is Gerry supposed to have said?  And would Furtado have understood anyway, if it was said in English?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #365 on: October 25, 2015, 04:53:58 AM »
This demonstrates how much untapped information there is amongst locals in PDL. You'd think that SY's crimewatch appeal would have already opened up all that information including Mr Furtado's. But the odd and inexplicable thing is, SY never produced a portuguese language version of the appeal. And when SIC and RTV asked permission to broadcast the english version in portugal, the bbc said no, how stupid is that?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #366 on: October 25, 2015, 04:59:38 AM »
Thanks.  Ha ha.

Although I don't think that this is important since no one in their right mind would believe it.  But it might well have fuelled the accusations that they were all drunk.  Along with a few other suspect suggestions.
So who do you think this man whom Cándido saw at about 1AM was?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #367 on: October 25, 2015, 05:16:19 AM »
So who do you think this man whom Cándido saw at about 1AM was?

Sorry, who is Candido?

You don't actually believe that Gerry McCann was staggering around drunk and alone, clutching a bottle of wine, do you?

But to answer your question, probably an attention seeker since he appears to exist.  But would Gerry have been speaking Portuguese, which he couldn't do.  Or would Furtado have understood English, which is highly unlikely, especially if Gerry was drunk.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #368 on: October 25, 2015, 05:30:04 AM »
He is caretaker of the property (over road from the water treatment plant) which was one of the later places the Met deployed cadaver dogs in 2014.
It was only by that coincidence, that Correio Da Manha spoke to him and heard and published his account.
He had obviously missed the portuguese broadcast of crimewatch (which is no surprise - there was none).

Online Eleanor

« Reply #369 on: October 25, 2015, 05:40:50 AM »
He is caretaker of the property (over road from the water treatment plant) which was one of the later places the Met deployed cadaver dogs in 2014.
It was only by that coincidence, that Correio Da Manha spoke to him and heard and published his account.
He had obviously missed the portuguese broadcast of crimewatch (which is no surprise - there was none).

So was it Candido, or was it Furtardo, or was it both?  And when did CdM speak to which one of them?  Sorry, I sometimes have trouble keeping up with all of this.

But I am mightily impressed with some of the stuff you come up with.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #370 on: October 25, 2015, 05:44:22 AM »
So was it Candido, or was it Furtardo, or was it both?  And when did CdM speak to which one of them?  Sorry, I sometimes have trouble keeping up with all of this.

But I am mightily impressed with some of the stuff you come up with.
One man, those are first and last names, CdM spoke with him June 2014 as an indirect result of SY activity. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8DEK4NiJdZIJ:www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/gerry-procurava-maddie-bebedo.html
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:52:01 AM by pegasus »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #371 on: October 25, 2015, 06:09:50 AM »
One man, those are first and last names, CdM spoke with him June 2014 as an indirect result of SY activity. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8DEK4NiJdZIJ:www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/gerry-procurava-maddie-bebedo.html

Ah, Candido Furtardo.  What a very unfortunate name.  So, he never said anything to The PJ at the time?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #372 on: October 25, 2015, 06:20:19 AM »
Ah, Candido Furtardo.  What a very unfortunate name.  So, he never said anything to The PJ at the time?
I assume it's a perfectly normal name. The PJ can't have missed the CdM article so I imagine they may have interviewed him after it was published?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #373 on: October 25, 2015, 06:35:41 AM »
I assume it's a perfectly normal name. The PJ can't have missed the CdM article so I imagine they may have interviewed him after it was published?

Sorry.  My penchant for a play on words.  But wouldn't it have been a bit late to interview him at that stage?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #374 on: October 25, 2015, 07:45:05 PM »
Sorry.  My penchant for a play on words.  But wouldn't it have been a bit late to interview him at that stage?
Certainly not too late. In June 2014 the PJ investigation had already been reopened and was very active including cadaver dog searches using welsh dogs at 4 sites in PDL. IMO the PJ probably interviewed witness CF very soon after the CdM article, if not before.  What he says confirms that the group truly were searching into the early hours.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:21:45 PM by pegasus »