Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411077 times)

Offline misty

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #390 on: October 27, 2015, 02:45:52 AM »
Ok. One report says he went to a site he caretakes on the Lagos road but was not allowed in because SY were searching it. We know from photos that it is GNR soldiers who guarded the perimeters of all the visible SY search sites. Therefore he spoke with GNR.
IMO he will have since then been interviewed by the current PJ investigation (some of them do read CdM), about his 1AM sighting of someone apparently with a bottle.

SY digs were in 2014, not 2007. I agree he may have spoken to the PJ after speaking to the press - but wouldn't he also have been interviewed as part of the EM investigation? Why didn't he speak out in 2007 about the man with the bottle?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #391 on: October 27, 2015, 03:09:22 AM »
SY digs were in 2014, not 2007. I agree he may have spoken to the PJ after speaking to the press - but wouldn't he also have been interviewed as part of the EM investigation? Why didn't he speak out in 2007 about the man with the bottle?
The whole purpose of Mr Redwood's Crimewatch appeal was to get people to come forward who had not come forward in 2007. A new witness coming forward now might solve the case Misty.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:11:40 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #392 on: October 27, 2015, 03:26:23 AM »
The whole purpose of Mr Redwood's Crimewatch appeal was to get people to come forward who had not come forward in 2007. A new witness coming forward now might solve the case Misty.

IMO the case has been solved but hard evidence may be an issue.

Offline mercury

« Reply #393 on: October 27, 2015, 04:06:13 AM »
IMO the case has been solved but hard evidence may be an issue.

Good luck

@)(++(*

Offline pegasus

« Reply #394 on: November 03, 2015, 10:38:28 PM »
In the PJ photos taken that night the sofa is all the way back against the wall. I find this exremely odd. If someone had pulled it away from the wall to search behind it and found nothing, that person would leave it pulled away from the wall with a gap behind. The person would not think "oh this is a desperate  emergency but tidiness and feng shui must take priority so I will waste valuable time pushing it back against the wall". But It looks to me like someone has pushed it back. Why waste time doing that?

Offline mercury

« Reply #395 on: November 03, 2015, 10:59:13 PM »
In the PJ photos taken that night the sofa is all the way back against the wall. I find this exremely odd. If someone had pulled it away from the wall to search behind it and found nothing, that person would leave it pulled away from the wall with a gap behind. The person would not think "oh this is a desperate  emergency but tidiness and feng shui must take priority so I will waste valuable time pushing it back against the wall". But It looks to me like someone has pushed it back. Why waste time doing that?

Did the police or anyone else say they moved it and searched behind it? Only asking because if not, GM had said he had pushed it against the wall before that day because the kids were throwing stuff behind  it or something.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:12:24 PM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #396 on: November 03, 2015, 11:50:52 PM »
Did the police or anyone else say they moved it and searched behind it?  ... (snip)
It is odd that in the statements no-one mentions pulling the sofa out to search behind for the child.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #397 on: November 03, 2015, 11:53:58 PM »
(snip) ..., GM had said he had pushed it against the wall before that day because the kids were throwing stuff behind  it or something.
"Regarding this sofa, he remembers it was against the window. He is not sure, but thinks that this sofa was probably a bit further away from the window, and he vaguely remembers pushing it back a bit, because his children threw objects behind it, namely playing cards". GM 7 Sept 2007

Offline mercury

« Reply #398 on: November 04, 2015, 12:50:17 AM »
It is odd that in the statements no-one mentions pulling the sofa out to search behind for the child.

Youve lost me, why bring it up then? Who pulled it away from the wall?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #399 on: November 04, 2015, 01:29:43 AM »

You think she was hidden behind the sofa and the killer later returns with police everywhere to move her out. Take a break  8(0(*
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2015, 01:30:27 AM »
Youve lost me, why bring it up then? Who pulled it away from the wall?

The two key words in that quote are "a bit" therefore
Sofa position at time of apparent disappearance = small gap between it and wall probably just enough for curtains to open and close..
Sofa position when PJ arrive = completely against wall, zero gap, trapping curtains.
Therefore someone moved the sofa during the panicked search of the apartment.
But who?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2015, 01:37:55 AM »
If anything was behind that sofa the police would have found it. They are not going to let anyone get inside the crime scene even though Gerry was allowed to collect more clothes as crime scene shots prove e.g. the beige item on the bed was gone the next day.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2015, 01:40:55 AM »
You think she was hidden behind the sofa and the killer later returns with police everywhere to move her out. Take a break  8(0(*
No that is not my theory nor is it Mr Amaral's. I am just looking at a sofa Pathfinder. I can understand someone pulling it out in a panic to search behind it - that is not suspicious. But what is suspicious is pushing it back again
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:45:59 AM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2015, 01:43:33 AM »
I am just looking at a sofa Pathfinder. I can understand someone pulling it out in a panic to search behind it - that is not suspicious. But what is suspicious is pushing it back again.

A sofa being pushed against the wall connects to the dog alerts. They alerted behind it but the police found it against the wall and they leave the crime scene as it is. They don't start messing with it until forensics arrive.

p.s. the sofa wouldn't be up against the wall if the child was there.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:50:43 AM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2015, 01:53:25 AM »
A sofa being pushed against the wall connects to the dog alerts. They alerted behind it but the police found it against the wall and they leave the crime scene as it is. They don't start messing with it until forensics arrive.
Precisely Pathfinder, that night PJ found the sofa completely against the wall, PJ did not move it, forensics did not move it, IMO someone must have pulled it out to search behind it before PJ arrived. So why was it no longer in that pulled-out position when PJ arrived? Tidiness?