Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411025 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #420 on: November 06, 2015, 02:32:01 PM »
The parents said they knew immediately that Madeleine had been abducted. Nevertheless umpteen people searched the flat. Gerald seemed fixated on that wardrobe for some reason. Did Madeleine have a habit of hiding in her parent's wardrobes, I wonder?
Gerry seemed fixated?  Can you elaborate on this fixation please?  Does checking the wardrobe = a fixation?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #421 on: November 07, 2015, 01:22:39 AM »
The parents said they knew immediately that Madeleine had been abducted. Nevertheless umpteen people searched the flat. Gerald seemed fixated on that wardrobe for some reason. Did Madeleine have a habit of hiding in her parent's wardrobes, I wonder?
Can anyone name umpteen people who searched the apartment?
Certainly not CP - she would have done - but was stopped by
"'No, no. She's not here, she's not here"

Offline pegasus

« Reply #422 on: November 07, 2015, 01:46:57 AM »
"opened all the cupboards" (Roque statement)
Opening a cupboard tests the hinges that's all.
That is not searching.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #423 on: November 07, 2015, 10:00:09 AM »
"opened all the cupboards" (Roque statement)
Opening a cupboard tests the hinges that's all.
That is not searching.

Pegasus!! ... not even I would suggest that the GNR soldiers "opened all the cupboards" to "test the hinges".  They were looking for a child who they assumed was hiding for mischief or hiding for fright.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #424 on: November 07, 2015, 10:42:59 AM »
Can anyone name umpteen people who searched the apartment?
Certainly not CP - she would have done - but was stopped by
"'No, no. She's not here, she's not here"

Who is CP? Kate, Fiona, Amy. two GNR Officers and some unnamed 'employees'; searched the apartment.

After searching the whole apartment thoroughly, the interviewee went back, scared and shocked, to the restaurant, to alert her husband and the others to the disappearance. The whole group then set about searching for Madeleine throughout the complex, looked in all the buildings, swimming pool, tennis courts etc....as well as in the apartment with the help of employees, who, at the same time, contacted the authorities.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN.htm

And I looked, I looked throughout the whole apartment and I looked in all the cupboards, under the drawers, under the beds, behind the curtains, everywhere, erm, just, you know, trying to, knowing it had already been done, but you just do. Erm, tut, I looked, when I went into the room that Madeleine was sleeping in, the room was dark, Madeleine, erm, Madeleine's bed was sort of folded back, the sheets, quite kind of neatly really, erm, Sean and Amelie were fast asleep in their cots, they didn't stir, you know, I was opening the cupboards in the room and moving around the room,
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

After having searched the apartment and verified that the girl was not there, the outside searches were begun.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/AMY-ELLEN-TIERNEY.htm

the deponent states that they searched al the dependencies of the residence and all the pieces of furniture, in order to confirm the disappearance -- effectively confirming that that she was not in the interior;    
José Maria Batista Roque - Statement, 07 May 2007

Then, with his colleague, he searched the apartment. He opened all the cupboards of the bedrooms, living room and kitchen and he checked under the beds and in the fridge.
Nelson Filipe Pacheco da Costa - Statement, 17 October 2007

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pegasus

« Reply #425 on: November 07, 2015, 03:57:45 PM »
The source for "No, no. She's not here, she's not here" is the Dispatches transcript here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id460.html
Scientifically "umpteen" means "at least 13". Five people is not "umpteen" and anyway none of those 5 searched the apartment completely - they did a very incomplete search based on assumptions.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #426 on: November 07, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »
The source for "No, no. She's not here, she's not here" is the Dispatches transcript here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id460.html
Scientifically "umpteen" means "at least 13". Five people is not "umpteen" and anyway none of those 5 searched the apartment completely - they did a very incomplete search based on assumptions.

CP states categorically in her official statement (s) that she never entered the apartment on 3rd May.

How many 'employees' searched the apartment then? Kate doesn't say.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pegasus

« Reply #427 on: November 07, 2015, 04:12:23 PM »
Pegasus!! ... not even I would suggest that the GNR soldiers "opened all the cupboards" to "test the hinges".  They were looking for a child who they assumed was hiding for mischief or hiding for fright.
IMO only one GNR ever searched the apartment. Of the original GNR pair, one searched apartment while IMO the other stood in hall. The 3rd GNR man to arrive was the station commander and he certainly didn't search the apartment, didn't even enter it actually. The entire police (GNR plus PJ) search of the apartment that night amounts in total to a quick search by one GNR officer, that's all.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #428 on: November 07, 2015, 04:18:11 PM »
CP states categorically in her official statement (s) that she never entered the apartment on 3rd May. ...(snip)
IMO because she was told "no no ..." (source:dispatches)

Offline pegasus

« Reply #429 on: November 07, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »
(snip) ... How many 'employees' searched the apartment then? Kate doesn't say.
The only employee I can remember who searched the apartment was AT who you mentioned. Managers JH and SB didn't, CP certainly didn't, EK didn't, LJ didn't. Did I miss anyone?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 05:33:28 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #430 on: November 07, 2015, 05:29:28 PM »
Can anyone name any other employee who searched the apartment?
If not then the grand total is 1.

Offline misty

« Reply #431 on: November 07, 2015, 06:13:20 PM »
Can anyone name any other employee who searched the apartment?
If not then the grand total is 1.

So the PJ assertion that the McCanns had permitted the crime scene to be contaminated by all & sundry was true or false?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #432 on: November 07, 2015, 07:51:42 PM »
So the PJ assertion that the McCanns had permitted the crime scene to be contaminated by all & sundry was true or false?
Obviously people should search the apartment before GNR arrive, so some contimination was inevitable (although messing with the shutter was uncalled for). The problem is that so few were allowed to search it, and that those few who did search the apartment did so very incompletely.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:58:11 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #433 on: November 07, 2015, 08:04:12 PM »
IMO only five people searched the apartment that night
3 group members KM GM FP - the other 6 did not.
1 employee AT - the other dozens of employees did not.
1 GNR (one of the Costa/Roque team) - no other GNR searched the apartment.
0 PJ - read their statements - they were told GNR had searched it so they didn't.
Total 5 that whole night.
Please post if I missed anyone?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #434 on: November 07, 2015, 08:14:06 PM »
IMO only five people searched the apartment that night
3 group members KM GM FP - the other 6 did not.
1 employee AT - the other dozens of employees did not.
1 GNR (one of the Costa/Roque team) - no other GNR searched the apartment.
0 PJ - read their statements - they were told GNR had searched it so they didn't.
Total 5 that whole night.
Please post if I missed anyone?

Apartment 5A is not a stately mansion complete with attics, cellars, priest holes and secret passages.

It is a small two bed flat.

Where do you suppose Madeleine was secreted within if you feel it was not adequately searched?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....