Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411137 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #435 on: November 07, 2015, 08:25:08 PM »
Apartment 5A is not a stately mansion complete with attics, cellars, priest holes and secret passages.

It is a small two bed flat.

Where do you suppose Madeleine was secreted within if you feel it was not adequately searched?
I'm not writing a theory I'm just noting places in the apartment that were not searched that night according to the statements. For a start, none of the 5 people who searched the apartment that night mention pulling out the sofa to look behind it, yet it looks like it had been pulled out then pushed back all the way to the wall. That's just one place, there are more Brietta.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #436 on: November 07, 2015, 08:57:20 PM »
I'm not writing a theory I'm just noting places in the apartment that were not searched that night according to the statements. For a start, none of the 5 people who searched the apartment that night mention pulling out the sofa to look behind it, yet it looks like it had been pulled out then pushed back all the way to the wall. That's just one place, there are more Brietta.

The curtain was disturbed and caught back suggestive of the sofa being pulled out and behind the curtain checked for what people hoped was a sleeping child.

People will have looked where it was possible for Madeleine to secrete herself.  Desperation will have made them look in places she could not possibly have accessed.

In the absence of properly recorded statements with the correct questions being asked ... we have no idea exactly what actions were performed.

However, I think it is risible to suggest the apartment was not thoroughly searched.

Perhaps of more interest should be the open window suggestive of an intruder and why standard procedures for dealing with that eventuality were not immediately instituted.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #437 on: November 07, 2015, 09:04:59 PM »
The curtain was disturbed and caught back suggestive of the sofa being pulled out and behind the curtain checked for what people hoped was a sleeping child...(snip)
Precisely Brietta I agree in the PJ photo it looks like someone pulled the sofa out then pushed it back
1. Why does no statement mention pulling the sofa out to search behind it?
2. If someone did pull the sofa out to search behind it and found nothing, why then push it back?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #438 on: November 07, 2015, 09:09:30 PM »
If anyone did search in the top cupboards, why did they then close the doors afterwards?
And people claim the whole apartment was searched?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #439 on: November 07, 2015, 09:13:39 PM »
Precisely Brietta I agree in the PJ photo it looks like someone pulled the sofa out then pushed it back
1. Why does no statement mention pulling the sofa out to search behind it?
2. If someone did pull the sofa out to search behind it and found nothing, why then push it back?

Why not?

Exactly as ... why not close wardrobe doors after opening them?

But why ignore a possible intrusion into the apartment when it was apparent Madeleine was nowhere to be found?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #440 on: November 07, 2015, 09:32:51 PM »
Why not?

Exactly as ... why not close wardrobe doors after opening them?

But why ignore a possible intrusion into the apartment when it was apparent Madeleine was nowhere to be found?
The top cupboard doors would not be any nuisance if left open. But I see four shut top cupboard doors in a PJ photo that night. That means that either no-one opened those top cupboard doors that night to search inside (which would prove beyond doubt that the search of the apartment was incomplete), or that someone did open them to search inside but then (despite being in the middle of a panicked urgent search) closed them again to maintain tidiness or something like that.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #441 on: November 07, 2015, 09:40:05 PM »
(snip)... But why ignore a possible intrusion into the apartment when it was apparent Madeleine was nowhere to be found?
I am certainly not ignoring the fact that an intending intruder opened the window and shutter Brietta - I've already said that is the reason the child left the childrens room and went to another room - wouldn't you? That's exactly why I'm interested in the incomplete search of the other rooms.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:49:46 PM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #442 on: November 07, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
If anyone did search in the top cupboards, why did they then close the doors afterwards?
And people claim the whole apartment was searched?
Not sure what youre getting at here

- that Madeleine somehow managed to get into a top cupboard? How?
- that an intruder put her there? Why?

....??

Offline pegasus

« Reply #443 on: November 07, 2015, 10:40:28 PM »
Is it possible that from day 1 to today, for 8 and a half years, the GNR, the Amaral PJ, the Rebelo PJ, the Redwood SY, the current PJ, and the current SY, (and all forum peeps and PIs), have all set themselves the wrong problem to solve?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #444 on: November 07, 2015, 10:41:05 PM »
The top cupboard doors would not be any nuisance if left open. But I see four shut top cupboard doors in a PJ photo that night. That means that either no-one opened those top cupboard doors that night to search inside (which would prove beyond doubt that the search of the apartment was incomplete), or that someone did open them to search inside but then (despite being in the middle of a panicked urgent search) closed them again to maintain tidiness or something like that.

IMO it would be a normal action if opening a door to rummage in clothes or spare bedding while looking for a missing child ... to close the door before progressing the search.
In the absence of detailed statements or police notebooks ... all is speculation and I am not quite sure exactly why you are labouring it.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #445 on: November 07, 2015, 10:44:57 PM »
Not sure what youre getting at here

- that Madeleine somehow managed to get into a top cupboard? How?
- that an intruder put her there? Why?

....??
Theories and assumptions have no place in a complete search Mercury.

Offline mercury

« Reply #446 on: November 07, 2015, 10:50:08 PM »
Theories and assumptions have no place in a complete search Mercury.

I understand where you are coming from, I remember you posting about the police not searchng the loft properly after dogs alerted in the Tia Sharpe case....IIRC...now that WAS a bit remiss to say the least...but I cant join the dots here of why it mattered in this case that they didnt search every cm properly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #447 on: November 07, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »
I am certainly not ignoring the fact that an intending intruder opened the window and shutter Brietta - I've already said that is the reason the child left the childrens room and went to another room - wouldn't you? That's exactly why I'm interested in the incomplete search of the other rooms.

Where we part company on this one is that in my opinion there was an intrusion into the apartment.  It is also my opinion ... based on protocols which should be enacted when a child goes missing ... that the search should have been widened as soon as possible when Madeleine could not be found.

It doesn't matter how often with how many you search an apartment ... if the object of your search is not there ... you will not find it.
Madeleine McCann was not in the apartment or she would have been found.  I believe that by the time the GNR were on the scene she was secreted elsewhere or well on the way out of Luz.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #448 on: November 07, 2015, 10:53:06 PM »
IMO it would be a normal action if opening a door to rummage in clothes or spare bedding while looking for a missing child ... to close the door before progressing the search.
In the absence of detailed statements or police notebooks ... all is speculation and I am not quite sure exactly why you are labouring it.
IMO in an urgent search it's pointless to close cupboard doors.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #449 on: November 07, 2015, 11:01:04 PM »
IMO in an urgent search it's pointless to close cupboard doors.

It is a case of practicality and instinct ... or even someone coming behind and closing the doors.  We simply cannot know the exact circumstances within the apartment and the crime scene photographs depict a wardrobe door ajar.