Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411151 times)

Offline mercury

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #465 on: November 08, 2015, 12:21:42 AM »
The big difference is lofts are very draughty Mercury.

?

Ok, so Madeleine could have been swept out the flat by the wind?
I wish you would just say exactly what you mean instead of making others feel they are in a game show trying to find the answer

Offline pegasus

« Reply #466 on: November 08, 2015, 01:00:52 AM »

?

Ok, so Madeleine could have been swept out the flat by the wind?
I wish you would just say exactly what you mean instead of making others feel they are in a game show trying to find the answer
Someone mentioned another case, I was pointing out that draughtiness was an additional reason for it taking 7 days to solve, but of course the main reasons were incomplete search, and making a wrong assumption.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #467 on: November 08, 2015, 01:52:26 AM »
Anyone ever get an exam question you can't answer and then afterwards you find no-one could because the question was wrong? That's how this case is looking IMO.

Offline mercury

« Reply #468 on: November 08, 2015, 10:07:20 PM »
Someone mentioned another case, I was pointing out that draughtiness was an additional reason for it taking 7 days to solve, but of course the main reasons were incomplete search, and making a wrong assumption.

oK, let me get this straight

There was not a complete search so Madeleine could have been in 5a durng the search, then...? Someone found her? That person obviously if so, must have hidden her further. Or the killer came back and removed her? Struggling.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:15:53 PM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #469 on: November 09, 2015, 12:50:26 AM »
oK, let me get this straight

There was not a complete search so Madeleine could have been in 5a durng the search, then...? Someone found her? That person obviously if so, must have hidden her further. Or the killer came back and removed her? Struggling.
IMO someone opened the shutter and window from outside causing the child to leave that room and that's as far as I got Mercury. Re the search inside pedantically IMO it wasn't technically fully complete, that's all, and it's possibly irrelevant.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:53:17 AM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #470 on: November 09, 2015, 02:08:27 AM »
IMO someone opened the shutter and window from outside causing the child to leave that room and that's as far as I got Mercury. Re the search inside pedantically IMO it wasn't technically fully complete, that's all, and it's possibly irrelevant.

I think it is irrelevant.

You have dismissed a hiding place behind the bath panel.

The apartment had no loft.  Did we ever discover if there was crawl space underneath?

**Snip
Then, with his colleague, he searched the apartment. He opened all the cupboards of the bedrooms, living room and kitchen and he checked under the beds and in the fridge. He did not see the washing machine.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NELSON-DA-COSTA.htm

All the cupboards were checked so I think that would include the top cupboards.  Bit of a mystery about not seeing the washing machine as that would almost certainly have been a place it would have been possible for a small child to fit.

I really do not think the searches of the apartment overlooked Madeleine.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #471 on: November 09, 2015, 02:27:45 AM »
I think it is irrelevant.

You have dismissed a hiding place behind the bath panel.

The apartment had no loft.  Did we ever discover if there was crawl space underneath?

**Snip
Then, with his colleague, he searched the apartment. He opened all the cupboards of the bedrooms, living room and kitchen and he checked under the beds and in the fridge. He did not see the washing machine.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NELSON-DA-COSTA.htm

All the cupboards were checked so I think that would include the top cupboards.  Bit of a mystery about not seeing the washing machine as that would almost certainly have been a place it would have been possible for a small child to fit.

I really do not think the searches of the apartment overlooked Madeleine.
Does he mention pulling the sofa out to look behind it?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:31:03 AM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #472 on: November 09, 2015, 03:04:39 AM »
(snip)... You have dismissed a hiding place behind the bath panel.

...(snip)
As far as I can see the side of the bath is possibly masonry with no panel but there is only a few seconds video footage to go by, need to look at PJ footage of the 4 similar apartments. So the following is of academic interest only but believe it or not there was once a case where police despite spending 5 days forensically searching a residence completely failed to even consider this.
Agreed apartment has no loft. Block has a lift engine room on top.
I don't know whether sub-floor volume is completely filled.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #473 on: November 09, 2015, 07:02:34 AM »
I think Eddie would have pinpointed the area if a cadaver had still been in, under or around the apartment in August 2007, so if Madeleine was hidden anywhere on the premises in May she must have been moved later. How, i can't imagine. (Eddie alerted with his head up, which meant there was just an odour. If there had been anything to actually find his head would have been down)
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #474 on: November 09, 2015, 07:47:32 AM »
I think Eddie would have pinpointed the area if a cadaver had still been in, under or around the apartment in August 2007, so if Madeleine was hidden anywhere on the premises in May she must have been moved later. How, i can't imagine. (Eddie alerted with his head up, which meant there was just an odour. If there had been anything to actually find his head would have been down)

you are placing too much reliance on the dogs...non of eddie's  alerts indicate the presence of any odour

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #475 on: November 09, 2015, 08:25:18 AM »
you are placing too much reliance on the dogs...non of eddie's  alerts indicate the presence of any odour

In your opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #476 on: November 09, 2015, 12:35:21 PM »
In your opinion.

and its a valid opinion

stephen25000

« Reply #477 on: November 09, 2015, 01:11:09 PM »
and its a valid opinion

As you say to others, all too frequently.

Your opinion is of no value.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #478 on: November 09, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »
As you say to others, all too frequently.

Your opinion is of no value.

And neither is yours
Grimes opinion is of more importance and he says the alerts suggested cadaver odour
Not that they were to cadaver odour

Offline pegasus

« Reply #479 on: November 10, 2015, 01:41:37 AM »
How many police (GNR and PJ) actually searched the apartment that night 3/4 May?  IMO a grand total of ... 1.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 01:45:07 AM by pegasus »