Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411406 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #555 on: November 16, 2015, 05:50:13 PM »
Continuing off topic to answer your accusation
The journalists would have followed them
This thread is about searching
Why divert to make it another slagging off thread

I am well aware that this thread is about searching and not jogging for fun.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #556 on: November 16, 2015, 05:50:24 PM »
Surely they maintain to this day that Madeleine is a "findable child" ?.

To date no remains have been found therefore there is every chance Madeleine McCann is a living findable child.

I prefer to hope for that than to wish her dead.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #557 on: November 16, 2015, 05:51:02 PM »
Bang-on right ....

Bang on wrong.

They were 'searching' for a 'living findable child'.

Their words ferryman, not mine.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #558 on: November 16, 2015, 05:51:17 PM »
The first interview with Jane Hill from the BBC - 25 May 2007

This interview is interesting as it is the first interview given by the McCanns after the disappearance of Madeleine. They had previously only given short, scripted statements.

Perhaps the most revealing question in the interview is this one:

Jane Hill: "I met people who didn't go to work for more than a week because everyday they were down on the beach, searching the streets. Did you, as a mother Kate, just sometimes think 'I've got to go and be out there with them. I want to go and just physically look as well."

Kate: (Pause) I mean, I did. Errm... (Long Pause) Errm, we'd been working really hard really. Apart... I mean, the first 48 hours, as Gerry said, are incredibly difficult and we were almost non-functioning, I'd say, errm, but after that you get strength from somewhere. We've certainly had loads of support and that's given us strength and its been able to make us focus really so we have actually, in our own way, it might not be physically searching but we've been working really hard and doing absolutely everything we can, really, to get Madeleine back."

What is significant in Kate's answer here?

Four things: Kate's displacement from the event, her inability to express what 'she' actually felt, an apparent, almost desperate, desire to promote a 'united' front and a reluctance to commit an answer to the question.

It is significant that she says "the first 48 hours, as Gerry said, are incredibly difficult". Her use of the word 'are' instead of 'were' is very revealing. It's as though she's quoting something that she has been advised by a counsellor. 'The first 48 hours are the most difficult'. What she has done here is displaced herself from the scene and is reporting on it, not from it.

It is also revealing how she uses the word 'you' and, again, shows her displacement. She says: "after that you get strength from somewhere". Why is she using 'you' in this sentence? The interviewer has asked her for her personal feelings. Why doesn't she say 'I got strength...' or 'we got strength...' Again, she is placing herself outside the event, looking in.

She uses the word 'we' six times in this brief quote because it would appear she's struggling to answer it, without revealing that she has never actually searched for her missing daughter. Use of the word 'we' and also 'us', which is mentioned twice along with Gerry's name, suggests she's trying to hide under a 'united' front. This suggests she feels vulnerable and needs the support and leadership from Gerry to continue. The overall impression given is that they are not individuals, with their own feelings, but a team who will not be diverted from the path they have chosen.

She also mentions the word 'really' three times, which could be interpreted as a conscious, or subconscious, desire to convince the interviewer, and those watching, that she 'really' is telling the truth.

It would appear from this passage that she's telling us, in a displaced way, how she thinks 'they' should feel, not how 'she' herself really did feel. Why? Is it because she is nervous in her first interview or could it be because she doesn't know how someone who has had their daughter abducted really feels?

Ultimately, Kate's answer, despite being wrapped in curious passages where she feels compelled to mention the support they've received, is quite shocking.

The fact is, despite locals giving up work for a week to search the beach and streets for Madeleine, she has admitted that she never actually did any physical searching for her missing daughter.
who is responsible for authoring this piece of cod-forensic linguistic analysis?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #559 on: November 16, 2015, 05:58:00 PM »
I don't think any reasonable person would have expected Kate to search when what they were effectively looking for was Maddie's body

It's what's called showing a united front davel, getting out there among the lesser folk and encouraging them. The point which seems to be lost on you is that this never happened. Near neighbour Robert Murat and his mom Jenny got out there, did something about the girls disappearance.

Question.  Did the McCanns ever once approach the Murats to show their gratitude?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline xtina

« Reply #560 on: November 16, 2015, 05:58:41 PM »
Kate has never said she never searched...she describes searching in her book...so what you are saying isn't true

fgs.......i posted it ...she said it ....she had better things to do ...than search..... its a fact you're getting your shillings worth out of my post

she never said ......she could be searching for a body either....that's your excuse
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #561 on: November 16, 2015, 05:59:54 PM »
Surely they maintain to this day that Madeleine is a "findable child" ?.

yep and what's more that it was Tannerman who took her.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #562 on: November 16, 2015, 06:01:17 PM »

fgs.......i posted it ...she said it ....she had better things to do ...than search..... its a fact you're getting your shillings worth out of my post

she never said ......she could be searching for a body either....that's your excuse
Where does she say she had better things to do than search?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #563 on: November 16, 2015, 06:06:18 PM »
To date no remains have been found therefore there is every chance Madeleine McCann is a living findable child.

I prefer to hope for that than to wish her dead.

I doubt anyone on here wishes her dead.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline xtina

« Reply #564 on: November 16, 2015, 06:08:33 PM »
Where does she say she had better things to do than search?

Jane Hill: "I met people who didn't go to work for more than a week because everyday they were down on the beach, searching the streets. Did you, as a mother Kate, just sometimes think 'I've got to go and be out there with them. I want to go and just physically look as well."

Kate: (Pause) I mean, I did. Errm... (Long Pause) Errm, we'd been working really hard really. Apart... I mean, the first 48 hours, as Gerry said, are incredibly difficult and we were almost non-functioning, I'd say, errm, but after that you get strength from somewhere. We've certainly had loads of support and that's given us strength and its been able to make us focus really so we have actually, in our own way, it might not be physically searching but we've been working really hard and doing absolutely everything we can, really, to get Madeleine back."

seems she doesn't say what it was....but they were working really hard ...doing nothing...
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #565 on: November 16, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »

seems she doesn't say what it was....but they were working really hard ...doing nothing...
So she doesn't say we have better things to do, thanks for confirming that you were wrong.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #566 on: November 16, 2015, 06:13:59 PM »
Is there another set of parents anywhere, ever, who has done more to try and find their missing child?  The simple answer is - no.  For a start, they succeeded in making sure that their missing child was the most highly visible missing child that there has ever been.  Secondly, they have not allowed the investigation into her disappearance to remain shelved and have done everything within their power to ensure that it has continued in one form or another ever since she disappeared.  They have been working on this for nearly nine relentless years, and yet there are still people claiming they have done nothing.  It's quite incredible that people could be so blind and so unfair to them.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #567 on: November 16, 2015, 06:20:29 PM »
I am well aware that this thread is about searching and not jogging for fun.

if you want to discuss jogging for fun then start a new thread

stephen25000

« Reply #568 on: November 16, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »
Is there another set of parents anywhere, ever, who has done more to try and find their missing child?  The simple answer is - no.  For a start, they succeeded in making sure that their missing child was the most highly visible missing child that there has ever been.  Secondly, they have not allowed the investigation into her disappearance to remain shelved and have done everything within their power to ensure that it has continued in one form or another ever since she disappeared.  They have been working on this for nearly nine relentless years, and yet there are still people claiming they have done nothing.  It's quite incredible that people could be so blind and so unfair to them.

Don't make me laugh.

They did b....r all themselves, and have a stream of incompetents and crooks in the 'search', invariably using other peoples donated money.

As to finding Madeleine,  they wanted a review of the case, and access to all files, which they had no right to, and on Brooks intervention with Cameron, it became eventually an investigation.

So where has all this searching led........

Nowhere, of course.

The question is why.  &%+((£

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #569 on: November 16, 2015, 06:22:45 PM »

she didn't say it...it's a myth