Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411145 times)

Offline xtina

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #585 on: November 16, 2015, 10:33:23 PM »

When Jane Hill asked Kate about going out searching, why instead of babbling on about working very hard, why didn't she say instead,...... oh but they had, they went out at four the next morning at first light,,,,,.

Why wait until 4 years later to talk about jumping over walls and what not

now the question was from stephen,,,,,,,
So why didn't they search ?

answer from davel,,,,,,,,
Because they would have been searching for a dead child

you really do contradict yourself ...or IMO try to cause confinement

they didn't search in case they found maddie dead ......yet the hour they did search....is every where a dead child would be
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #586 on: November 16, 2015, 10:38:19 PM »
When Jane Hill asked Kate about going out searching, why instead of babbling on about working very hard, why didn't she say instead,...... oh but they had, they went out at four the next morning at first light,,,,,.

they didn't search in case they found maddie dead ......yet the hour they did search....is every where a dead child would be

I don't contradict myself...you just think I do...plus you can't see how statments are made in context...and you don't understand why the mccanns are not suspects... I do

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #587 on: November 16, 2015, 10:41:17 PM »

the fact that they looked in one dumpster does not mean they looked everywhere a dead child might be

Offline xtina

« Reply #588 on: November 16, 2015, 11:02:10 PM »
I don't contradict myself...you just think I do...plus you can't see how statments are made in context...and you don't understand why the mccanns are not suspects... I do

they said this in june 2007

2:01AM BST 07 Jun 2007

The parents of Madeleine McCann were forced to defend themselves publicly yesterday against accusations that they were involved in their daughter's abduction.

Kate and Gerry McCann had flown to Berlin to raise awareness of Madeleine's kidnap, almost five weeks after she was taken from the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.

But they were shocked at a press conference when a German radio reporter suggested that the "finger of suspicion" was pointing at them.

Sabine Mueller, had asked: "How do you feel about the fact that more and more people seem to be pointing the finger at you, saying the way you behave is not the way people would normally behave when their child is abducted and they seem to imply that you might have something to do with it?"

Mrs McCann replied: "To be honest I don't actually think that is the case. I think there is a very small minority of people that are criticising us.

"The facts are we were dining very close to the children and we were checking on them very, very regularly.

"You know we are very responsible parents and we love our children so much. I think it is very few people that are actually criticising us."

Gerry McCann added: "I have never heard before that anyone considers us suspects in this. The Portuguese police certainly don't.

anyway its about the searching...........one hour ...searching for a dead ...or ...alive child ....you think that is OK.

Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #589 on: November 16, 2015, 11:05:48 PM »
So what do sceptics infer from this perceived lack of searching on the part of the MCCanns? 

That they weren't that bothered about finding their missing child?

That they knew there was no point looking and couldn't even be arsed to put on a performance?

Or what?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #590 on: November 16, 2015, 11:08:18 PM »
So having posted all afternoon that they didn't search you now realise you were wrong...you have no idea how long they searched for but it doesn't really matter...the sport is bashing the mccanns and it's the taking part that's important...pathetic

Offline pegasus

« Reply #591 on: November 17, 2015, 12:16:04 AM »
In many cases the strong psychological tendency to irrationally direct the search outward away from the centre, is strengthened further and irretrievably by a tentative sighting of the missing person moving away from the premises. This is not the only case where this has happened. There are many.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #592 on: November 17, 2015, 12:50:49 AM »
Who searched 5A garden that night?
There is a vague statement that 2 group members might have had a quick look there.
And one definite statement by a tourist saying he started to search there.
And that's it - unless anyone has a GNR or PJ statement saying they searched the garden that night?
BTW for a guide to how very dark the garden was late at night see the NPIA/PJ video two months later.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #593 on: November 17, 2015, 07:51:44 AM »
Both Kate and Gerry did search as Kate reported in her book....they searched when there was a possibility of finding a living child

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3260413/Toddler-girl-vanished-great-grandparents-house-Friday-two-days-later-sleeping-nearby-field.html
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Benice

« Reply #594 on: November 17, 2015, 08:26:33 AM »
It's what's called showing a united front davel, getting out there among the lesser folk and encouraging them. The point which seems to be lost on you is that this never happened. Near neighbour Robert Murat and his mom Jenny got out there, did something about the girls disappearance.

Question.  Did the McCanns ever once approach the Murats to show their gratitude?

So do you think they should have refused to spend the day at the police station on the 4th and instead used that time to go out searching and 'encouraging' people?

Do you think they would have been wise to go out searching during the following days when scores of reporters/photographers were lying in wait for them?

Why do you think they were wrong to follow police advice to stay home - that being the standard advice given by the experts?

No-one knows whether the McCanns and the Murats have ever been in contact with oneanother  - so your last question is unanswerable.

A reply would be appreciated.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Benice

« Reply #595 on: November 17, 2015, 08:51:12 AM »
Seemingly not given they went on holiday as a family of five and came back a foursome.

But seriously, they knew bloody well that the journalists would be out snapping them which rather says it all.  If they were really interested in running they could have got a lift to one of the numerous out of the way coastal paths which line the Portuguese coast and did their jogging there.  But not Kate and Gerry, another me moment for the cameras!

So in answer to the question as to what actual searching was there, not a lot!!

Never heard of Zoom Lens Angelo?  They are standard equipment for photographers whose livelihood depends on taking and selling piccies to the media -  and sometimes from very great distances away from their 'targets'.    The McCanns may not even have been aware at times that their photo was being taken.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Lace

« Reply #596 on: November 17, 2015, 08:56:54 AM »

they said this in june 2007

2:01AM BST 07 Jun 2007

The parents of Madeleine McCann were forced to defend themselves publicly yesterday against accusations that they were involved in their daughter's abduction.

Kate and Gerry McCann had flown to Berlin to raise awareness of Madeleine's kidnap, almost five weeks after she was taken from the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.

But they were shocked at a press conference when a German radio reporter suggested that the "finger of suspicion" was pointing at them.

Sabine Mueller, had asked: "How do you feel about the fact that more and more people seem to be pointing the finger at you, saying the way you behave is not the way people would normally behave when their child is abducted and they seem to imply that you might have something to do with it?"

Mrs McCann replied: "To be honest I don't actually think that is the case. I think there is a very small minority of people that are criticising us.

"The facts are we were dining very close to the children and we were checking on them very, very regularly.

"You know we are very responsible parents and we love our children so much. I think it is very few people that are actually criticising us."

Gerry McCann added: "I have never heard before that anyone considers us suspects in this. The Portuguese police certainly don't.

anyway its about the searching...........one hour ...searching for a dead ...or ...alive child ....you think that is OK.

I think that is OK do you know that parents of another child who was abducted and murdered also searched for just over an hour and that was OK too.

They searched where Madeleine had been that week,   THEN just as ALL parents of missing children they WAITED FOR THE POLICE.

The following morning they searched again for an hour,  the police were due back so they again waited for the police to arrive then went to the station.

For some reason you are trying to make out that the McCann's have behaved differently to other parents whose children have gone missing,   they didn't.

stephen25000

« Reply #597 on: November 17, 2015, 09:01:35 AM »
So having posted all afternoon that they didn't search you now realise you were wrong...you have no idea how long they searched for but it doesn't really matter...the sport is bashing the mccanns and it's the taking part that's important...pathetic

No, what was truly pathetic, was the mccanns lack of searching for their 'beloved' daughter.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:34:03 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Lace

« Reply #598 on: November 17, 2015, 09:01:46 AM »
So what do sceptics infer from this perceived lack of searching on the part of the MCCanns? 

That they weren't that bothered about finding their missing child?

That they knew there was no point looking and couldn't even be arsed to put on a performance?

Or what?

The point is Alfred,  they have no argument at all the McCann's did what all parents of a missing child do they searched then waited for the police,  the police then take over.

All this business of they should have kept searching is ridiculous,   it was a foreign country for one,  they searched where Madeleine was known to have been that week,  there were hundreds of other people searching, who wants the parents of a missing child,  running around like headless chickens screaming and crying trying to find their child who could be dead?

The police organise searches which they did,  which is the normal procedure.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:04:51 AM by Lace »

Offline Lace

« Reply #599 on: November 17, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »
No, what was truly pathetic, was the mccanns lack of searching for their 'believed' daughter.

So the Payne's searched for just over an hour for Sarah,   are you saying they didn't love their daughter enough to search for longer?