Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411697 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #645 on: November 17, 2015, 01:06:25 PM »
I presume you also think April Jones parents and Sandy Davidson's mother are just as 'truly pathetic' - as they didn't join in the searching either.

In fact April's father said he regularly walked up a nearby hill and sat there watching other people searching for his daughter in the valley below.    How disgraceful was that?  Why wasn't he down there helping them - especially as he would know the area well?  Her mother didn't search either - she was so badly affected that she could hardly bring herself to leave the house, so she stayed in while millions of tax payers £s were being spent on the search which she chose not to take part in.    Tut tut - how selfish was that -especially as it was her fault her daughter was allowed outside unsupervised.

Sandy Davidson's mother couldn't bring herself to search because she was frightened of what she might find. Dear me what sort of mother allows her own feelings to prevent her looking for her own child?

I don't see how anyone who criticises the McCanns re searching  - can do so without also agreeing with the above. - as not to agree would make them huge hypocrites IMO.

Regardless of excuses, the occasions on which the McCanns have searched on the ground in Portugal could be recorded on the back of a postage stamp.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #646 on: November 17, 2015, 01:14:21 PM »
When they got to the beach Gerry broke down according to DP then they went back to the apartment. If it was a paedo then he didn't just dump a body or it would have been found. If there was a body it leads to concealment.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #647 on: November 17, 2015, 01:14:48 PM »
Why didn't Amaral when informed that Madeleine hadn't been found, knowing the window was open in her bedroom,  immediately have road blocks,   police at air ports,  ferries.   He's the one who didn't bother,   do the police in Portugal just forget a child is missing after the initial search?

People criticise the McCann's yet they were left alone after the Police left,  see you tomorrow they said.   How about getting on to the person in charge,  saying,  we haven't found the child,  the window was open in her bedroom the parents think she could have been abducted,  shall we put road blocks out,  man the airports etc.?   No,   lets go to bed and think about things tomorrow.

You really don't have a clue Lace?  Children disappear every day the vast majority of whom turn up safe and well.  If the police in any country did what you suggest every time a kid decides to go AWOL then that country would soon come to a standstill.  The Portuguese police did everything by the book which by the way included questioning the parents. Nothing unusual about that but surprisingly the parents reacted badly on this occasion.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee are no doubt unimpressed!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:17:16 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #648 on: November 17, 2015, 01:30:24 PM »
Strange how they managed to do road blocks etc.   hours after the event though isn't it?   A child can get through an air port using a pass port with a baby photo on it,  who can say if the baby photo is Madeleine or not.  Why did they follow up sightings of people saying the saw her on a plane if they didn't think she could have been smuggled through?

Kate says in her book that she asked for Gerry and one of the friends to go and search the beach again.

The McCann's were told that if a Paedophile had snatched Madeleine,  they usually dump their victim after about an hour or so,  so yes she could have been dumped near to where she was abducted.

Nothing strange about it Lace, you cannot close borders simply because a child goes missing, there are tried and trusted procedures for these things.  It was unfortunate though that back in 2007 there were few if any child alert systems operating across western Europe.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #649 on: November 17, 2015, 01:35:03 PM »
Nothing strange about it Lace, you cannot close borders simply because a child goes missing, there are tried and trusted procedures for these things.  It was unfortunate though that back in 2007 there were few if any child alert systems operating across western Europe.

It probably would have made sod all difference as she most likely never left Luz.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Lace

« Reply #650 on: November 17, 2015, 01:41:43 PM »

I didn't say close the borders,  they could have manned the borders,  they did do it but hours later.

Offline Lace

« Reply #651 on: November 17, 2015, 01:44:07 PM »
You really don't have a clue Lace?  Children disappear every day the vast majority of whom turn up safe and well.  If the police in any country did what you suggest every time a kid decides to go AWOL then that country would soon come to a standstill.  The Portuguese police did everything by the book which by the way included questioning the parents. Nothing unusual about that but surprisingly the parents reacted badly on this occasion.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee are no doubt unimpressed!

They did man the borders,  air ports etc. though didn't they?   They did but about 12 hours later.

I know children go missing every day,  but Madeleine was searched for,  not found,  also the parents said the bedroom window was open.

The window would have caused alarm bells to ring normally, that someone had come in and taken Madeleine, when she wasn't found then I would think it would have been normal procedure to act as if the child had been abducted.

Offline Lace

« Reply #652 on: November 17, 2015, 01:45:42 PM »
It probably would have made sod all difference as she most likely never left Luz.

In your opinion that is.

Though if you had been there and said that it should not have made any difference to how the police should have acted in my opinion.

Offline Lace

« Reply #653 on: November 17, 2015, 01:47:45 PM »
It is more than likely she wasn't taken anywhere and remains in Portugal which was where the search should have been expanded instead of wild goose chases all over the world. One could be forgiven for thinking that all those attempts to shift the search away from the Algarve and Portugal were part of a strategy with sinister undertones.

You know that for definite?   How?

Offline xtina

« Reply #654 on: November 17, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »
What are you talking about?

You are talking about questions the police asked when they were accusing Kate of having something to do with Madeleine's disappearance.    Of course she didn't answer the questions,  her lawyer advised her not to,  they were trying to twist what she said in order to accuse her of something.   The lawyer knew what they were going to do and warned Kate before hand.

What I said was the McCann's went to the station on the 4th of May, in order for the police to get statements to what had happened so that they had a clear picture of the time up to when Madeleine went missing,  it has nothing at all to do with the questions Kate refused to answer.

yes but they didn't get a clear picture did they......how many times did they change there clear account of what happened [statement]  fgs....IMO you read too many books

you go on and on ...about what every one else should have DONE.....blame every one like the mccs do ...when in fact if the mccs had DONE responsible parenting ...maddie would be here today...it was the mccs who made the choice to leave them ...no one else...

its obvious ...you don't care if the mccs searched or not ...another one with too much information..lol....that boils down to nothing but c##p
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #655 on: November 17, 2015, 02:35:52 PM »
You know that for definite?   How?

I posted far more likely. There are much easier places in Spain and Portugal to get away from than a small rural backwater in the Western Algarve.  It doesn't make any sense to go there to abduct a child and especially a nearly 4-year-old who knew what was what in the world and would be exceedingly difficult to control.

If there was an abduction the culprit would know that it would be discovered almost immediately so escape abroad was always going to be difficult.  I still believe she got out and got into diffs possibly involving a third party.

I no longer subscribe to the Tannerman or Smithman theories for that very reason.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:46:52 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #656 on: November 17, 2015, 02:36:17 PM »
Why didn't Amaral when informed that Madeleine hadn't been found, knowing the window was open in her bedroom,  immediately have road blocks,   police at air ports,  ferries.   He's the one who didn't bother,   do the police in Portugal just forget a child is missing after the initial search?

People criticise the McCann's yet they were left alone after the Police left,  see you tomorrow they said.   How about getting on to the person in charge,  saying,  we haven't found the child,  the window was open in her bedroom the parents think she could have been abducted,  shall we put road blocks out,  man the airports etc.?   No,   lets go to bed and think about things tomorrow.

I think the files can tell us what was done;

11pm Two GNR Officers arrive.
11.17pm GNR Commandant informed.
11.50pm Commondant arrives.
12.12am PJ informed.
12.40pm Sniffer dogs requested from Portimao.
1am Search and Rescue dogs requested.
2am Nine Officers called from home arrived and commenced searching with the sniffer dogs.
2am-2.30am PJ Inspector M. J. P. d. L. Q. decided to contact SEF at Faro airport with the aim of alerting them in case anyone would board accompanied by some child, whoever she was and those accompanying her should be duly identified, however the various calls made were not attended. In the face of this situation he contacted the Faro Station from the police and told them what was going on and asked them to alert the SEF.
He also decided to alert the GNR in Lagos so that they would send out a warning so that the car and foot patrols that were out on the ground would pay attention and identify cars with people out driving at that time who were accompanied by a child (children).
8am Other officers arrive along with some Rapid Intervention officers and the Search and Rescue dogs.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #657 on: November 17, 2015, 02:48:00 PM »
I posted far more likely. There are much easier places in Spain and Portugal to get away from than a small rural backwater in the Western Algarve. It doesn't make any sense to go there to abduct a child and especially a nearly 4-year-old who knew what was what in the world and would be exceedingly difficult to control.

If there was an abduction the culprit would know that it would be discovered almost immediately so escape abroad was always going to be difficult.  I still believe she got out and got into diffs.

In Portugal, the eastern end of The Algarve and northern end of The Costa Verde to name but two.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Lace

« Reply #658 on: November 17, 2015, 04:00:47 PM »

yes but they didn't get a clear picture did they......how many times did they change there clear account of what happened [statement]  fgs....IMO you read too many books

you go on and on ...about what every one else should have DONE.....blame every one like the mccs do ...when in fact if the mccs had DONE responsible parenting ...maddie would be here today...it was the mccs who made the choice to leave them ...no one else...

its obvious ...you don't care if the mccs searched or not ...another one with too much information..lol....that boils down to nothing but c##p

What a peculiar post.

I read too many books do I?    I read Kerry's,  I read Sara's,   that's too many for you is it?   

The McCann's did leave the children they made the wrong decision,  they should never have left them,  that doesn't mean Madeleine didn't deserve a proper investigation does it?

The McCann's did search,  the rest of that sentence I'm afraid in incomprehensible to me.

Offline Lace

« Reply #659 on: November 17, 2015, 04:03:21 PM »
I think the files can tell us what was done;

11pm Two GNR Officers arrive.
11.17pm GNR Commandant informed.
11.50pm Commondant arrives.
12.12am PJ informed.
12.40pm Sniffer dogs requested from Portimao.
1am Search and Rescue dogs requested.
2am Nine Officers called from home arrived and commenced searching with the sniffer dogs.
2am-2.30am PJ Inspector M. J. P. d. L. Q. decided to contact SEF at Faro airport with the aim of alerting them in case anyone would board accompanied by some child, whoever she was and those accompanying her should be duly identified, however the various calls made were not attended. In the face of this situation he contacted the Faro Station from the police and told them what was going on and asked them to alert the SEF.
He also decided to alert the GNR in Lagos so that they would send out a warning so that the car and foot patrols that were out on
arrive along with some Rapid Intervention officers and the Search and Rescue dogs.

They didn't man the borders until hours later.

Are you sure about the 8am arrival of the dogs?