Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411566 times)

Offline jassi

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #660 on: November 17, 2015, 04:15:25 PM »
They didn't man the borders until hours later.[/b]

Are you sure about the 8am arrival of the dogs?

They don't have border controls, so what did you have in mind?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #661 on: November 17, 2015, 05:13:54 PM »
They didn't man the borders until hours later.

Are you sure about the 8am arrival of the dogs?

If I am reading the files aright, the GNR had sniffer dogs out from around 2.00am on the 4th.  Throughout the night they searched ...

" the entire perimeter of the OC, in the urban area, plots of land and the nearest buildings, the officers searching all the place where there was a possibility the child might be, this area being extended later to include all of the beach zone."

Another team arrived around 8.00am.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GNR_SNIFFER.htm

Which illustrates the assertion that Madeleine may have been taken and hidden under a rock somewhere, perhaps the beach, and collected and moved later on ...  absolutely ... and completely deluded.

The one certainty that can be taken from the GNR dog team searches is that these officers were totally professional and carried out their task with diligence.

For that reason I think had Madeleine been injured in an accident outside the apartment, or had her body been discarded in scrub-land in Luz there is a very good chance these teams would have found her.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #662 on: November 17, 2015, 08:25:11 PM »
Deluded like the Alice Gross case which was a month of intensive searching before they discovered the body. Don't be ridiculous.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #663 on: November 17, 2015, 10:26:28 PM »
Deluded like the Alice Gross case which was a month of intensive searching before they discovered the body. Don't be ridiculous.
Did the British police really spend a month searching for Alice Gross's body?  What a pity the PJ didn't do likewise for Madeleine, instead of giving up so quickly.  Why was that?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:29:39 PM by Alfred R Jones »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #664 on: November 17, 2015, 10:43:37 PM »
Did the British police really spend a month searching for Alice Gross's body?  What a pity the PJ didn't do likewise for Madeleine, instead of giving up so quickly.  Why was that?

I doubt anyone on here has the remotest idea that is an accurate reflection.
You could always write to the PJ and ask why. From the horses mouth as it were.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #665 on: November 17, 2015, 10:56:18 PM »
I doubt anyone on here has the remotest idea that is an accurate reflection.
You could always write to the PJ and ask why. From the horses mouth as it were.
your first sentence is not making much sense to me, but thanks for your advice in the second - my question was rhetorical, I didn't expect anyone to be able to answer. 

Offline pegasus

« Reply #666 on: November 18, 2015, 12:24:40 AM »
(snip)... on the back of a postage stamp.
Are you referring to the Mecklenburg-Schwerin issue of 1856? (That's about 10mm x 10mm)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:53:48 AM by pegasus »

Offline Benice

« Reply #667 on: November 18, 2015, 07:34:59 AM »
Regardless of excuses, the occasions on which the McCanns have searched on the ground in Portugal could be recorded on the back of a postage stamp.

Only in your opinion.    Kate has returned to Portugal numerous times since 2007.  Unless she sent you her itinery you cannot possibly know whether she spent that time searching or not.

I notice that while you can ridicule the amount of searching that Kate and Gerry did actually carry out, you have no criticism whatsoever of those other parents who did not join in the searching for their missing children - in fact not even enough to be recorded on a pinhead let alone a postage stamp.  Such contrary 'logic' is inexplicable to me.   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #668 on: November 18, 2015, 07:57:33 AM »
Only in your opinion.    Kate has returned to Portugal numerous times since 2007.  Unless she sent you her itinery you cannot possibly know whether she spent that time searching or not.

I notice that while you can ridicule the amount of searching that Kate and Gerry did actually carry out, you have no criticism whatsoever of those other parents who did not join in the searching for their missing children - in fact not even enough to be recorded on a pinhead let alone a postage stamp.  Such contrary 'logic' is inexplicable to me.   

Inexplicable to you ?

Not really, you support the mccanns 100%.

As to her searching............. 8**8:/:

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #669 on: November 18, 2015, 08:07:25 AM »

I find it inexplicable that people who profess to know exactly how the McCanns were thinking and feeling at all times seem quite unable to understand how others feel about the lack of concern shown by them on 3rd May. They didn't show any interest in searching for their daughter. I find that inexplicable because if their daughter had been abducted, abused and dumped she would have been terrified. Had she hid in fear whose voice would have persuaded her to show herself? A stranger's or her parent's? As usual the parents seemed utterly unable to empathise with their daughter.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #670 on: November 18, 2015, 08:08:32 AM »
I find it inexplicable that people who profess to know exactly how the McCanns were thinking and feeling at all times seem quite unable to understand how others feel about the lack of concern shown by them on 3rd May. They didn't show any interest in searching for their daughter. I find that inexplicable because if their daughter had been abducted, abused and dumped she would have been terrified. Had she hid in fear whose voice would have persuaded her to show herself? A stranger's or her parent's? As usual the parents seemed utterly unable to empathise with their daughter.

Excellent post. 8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #671 on: November 18, 2015, 08:10:58 AM »

another biased post from you based solely on your biased opinions. I have no problems with any of the MCCanns behaviour...perhaps it's because I come from a similar background

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #672 on: November 18, 2015, 08:17:08 AM »
and you'd say exactly the same about the other parents as cited by Benice who also did not search would you?

stephen25000

« Reply #673 on: November 18, 2015, 08:25:51 AM »
another biased post from you based solely on your biased opinions. I have no problems with any of the MCCanns behaviour...perhaps it's because I come from a similar background

A meaningless post on a variety of levels.

Offline Lace

« Reply #674 on: November 18, 2015, 08:33:03 AM »
If I am reading the files aright, the GNR had sniffer dogs out from around 2.00am on the 4th.  Throughout the night they searched ...

" the entire perimeter of the OC, in the urban area, plots of land and the nearest buildings, the officers searching all the place where there was a possibility the child might be, this area being extended later to include all of the beach zone."

Another team arrived around 8.00am.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GNR_SNIFFER.htm

Which illustrates the assertion that Madeleine may have been taken and hidden under a rock somewhere, perhaps the beach, and collected and moved later on ...  absolutely ... and completely deluded.

The one certainty that can be taken from the GNR dog team searches is that these officers were totally professional and carried out their task with diligence.

For that reason I think had Madeleine been injured in an accident outside the apartment, or had her body been discarded in scrub-land in Luz there is a very good chance these teams would have found her.

I am sure the police did an excellent job in searching for Madeleine.

I asked about the 8am time as Kate says the police didn't show up to see them until 10am.