Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411977 times)

stephen25000

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #705 on: November 18, 2015, 11:20:12 AM »
Note to Benice and Lace - you cannot reason with people with such entrenched, un-empathetic and downright illogical views as are displayed here, you may as give up. 

I'm just curious what this perceived lack of searching says to these people - that the McCanns just didn't like Madeleine that much and so couldn't be bothered to look for her, or that they knew there was no point looking for her but they also couldn't be arsed to put on a convincing act of looking for her either - which one is it?

Does Madeleine get a look in here with the mccann supporters club.

The illogic on display is the rampant protection of the mccanns who are solely responsible for what they did and the grief it bought.

stephen25000

« Reply #706 on: November 18, 2015, 11:24:31 AM »
It was in the hands of the police,  which it should have been.

It should never have been in the police hands to start with.

Incompetent parenting skills.

stephen25000

« Reply #707 on: November 18, 2015, 11:26:17 AM »
There is also the statement of this crisis councillor -

Witness Statement of Alan Robert PIKE
 This testimony (constituted by two pages and signed by me) is the truth and in accordance with my understanding. I give this testimony with the knowledge that, knowingly making false statements may subject me to legal action.

Date: 07 of May 2008
 Signature: __________________________________________

I am the above reference person and live at the physical address already provided the police. I work as a crisis counsellor. DC Holliday and DC Ferguson of the Leicestershire police questioned me on behalf of the Portuguese police relative
 To my involvement with Gerald and Kate McCann whose daughter disappeared from Praia da Luz in Portugal in May of 2007.

I have been a crisis counsellor for about 3 and a half years, and work for a private agency titled 'The Centre for Crisis Psychology' (or CCP). Before this job, I worked as a social worker for about 11 years. CCP has agreements with other agencies who can request our services, like for example, the placement to a holiday to offer assistance to someone who has suffered a traumatic event. There are many different aspects in my profession, but this one seems to me the most relevant to my testimony.

I would say that my experience with CCP was required in order to help people abroad who find themselves confronted with tragic situations, for a total of between 30 and 60 times. I got to know Gerald McCann and Kate Healy on Saturday, May 5, 2007. I would describe my relationship with them in totally clinical terms. I provided them counselling help with regards to their emotional state provoked by the fact that they were separated from their daughter Madeleine. I spoke with Gerry and Kate very early in the morning on the 5th of May, 2007. Our services were requested by the Mark Warner agency. I travelled specifically to speak to them in person, and with the family and agency functionaries. Kate and Gerry had been awake for two nights when I got to know them.

I do not remember specifically what they said about Madeleine's disappearance and I did not ask them about the circumstances in which the disappearance occurred. My purpose at the time was their emotional state. My role was not to question them regarding the disappearance or to investigate. Upon reflection however, they always referred to their daughter's disappearance as an 'abduction.'

I would say that Kate e o Gerry were exhausted, anguished, confused, and angry for a few reasons, but namely with the lack of information. They were insecure as to how to help and with the lack of help and assistance. Their comportment did not surprise me. It was a comportment which I have witnessed a lot at times when a trauma is suffered. In my opinion, their reaction relative to the disappearance of Madeleine, as already stated above, was completely within the bounds of what one would expect of parents whose daughter was taken from them against their will.

I was not there to judge the reaction of Kate or Gerry, but I would say that their behaviour was consistent, according to my knowledge of that which they were experiencing. I helped them deal with the situation and offered them face to face counselling on many occasions, since the day I met with them in Portugal and in Leicester. They and the rest of the family have access to a 24-hour telephone help line. At CCP we use a psychological method in each of clinical interventions that allows the patient to relive their traumatic experience, discuss his or her physical and emotional reactions and after provide counselling and support that helps them deal with these emotions in the short and long-term.

Since the return of Kate and Gerry to the U.K., I have worked for them privately but my relationship here has been exclusively clinical in nature.

This testimony was made by me and is the truth according to my understanding.

A man employed by the mccanns.

Enough said.

Perhaps you should read through his statement again.

Offline Lace

« Reply #708 on: November 18, 2015, 11:27:39 AM »
It should never have been in the police hands to start with.

Incompetent parenting skills.

Off topic

Offline Lace

« Reply #709 on: November 18, 2015, 11:28:19 AM »
A man employed by the mccanns.

Enough said.

Perhaps you should read through his statement again.

Are you accusing him of lying?    Was he 'in on it'   too?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #710 on: November 18, 2015, 11:31:04 AM »
You are not describing what witnesses saw on the evening of the 3rd of May.   Lack of concern shown by them on the 3rd????    Witnesses saw Kate come screaming down from the apartment to say Madeleine was missing,  the Gerry scrambling and racing to the apartment,  the frantic search through the apartment,  the waiter who saw Gerry searching around the pool.   The friends who saw Gerry collapsing and crying the friends who saw Kate screaming and crying Madeleine's name.  The witnesses who saw Kate and Gerry distraught and sobbing.   The OC manager who heard Kate scream and he said he had never heard a cry like it.    The police who witnessed Gerry fall to his knees in relief when they finally turned up.   Kate wandering the roads in the dark calling for Madeleine.   Kate insisting Gerry and one of the friends go to the beach again to search for Madeleine.  Kate and Gerry getting up at first sign of dawn to search for Madeleine.

ALL THE WINTESSES WHO SAW THEM CRYING AND UNABLE TO FUNCTION,  SOME OF THE EXPERTS IN THE FIELD OF TRAUMA.

You call that lack of concern???

Not according to the first GNR officers on the scene. They didn't see any tears only wailing sounds. A young child can scream for attention too.

He found the parents to be nervous and anxious, he did not see any tears from either of them although they produced noises identical to crying. He did not feel that this was an abduction, although this was the line indicated by the father.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOSE_ROQUE.htm
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:35:28 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #711 on: November 18, 2015, 11:32:04 AM »
Was he actually employed by the McCanns anyway?  Who paid his salary?  Not the McCanns surely....?

stephen25000

« Reply #712 on: November 18, 2015, 11:32:20 AM »

Perhaps you should watch interviews with the mccanns as many have.

Body language and behaviour is subject to interpretation.

and Iam not talking about hi-de-ho's videos either.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #713 on: November 18, 2015, 11:33:26 AM »
Not according to the first GNR officers on the scene. They didn't see any tears only wailing sounds. A young child can scream for attention too.

Yes, but did the GNR do a tear swab? How closely were they monitoring the McCanns tear ducts, and how could they see them anyway if they were prostrate with their bums in the air as shown...hmmmm?  &%+((£

stephen25000

« Reply #714 on: November 18, 2015, 11:33:54 AM »

Thanks for that Pathfinder.

I wou!d say that shows tremendous guilt over what they did.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #715 on: November 18, 2015, 11:36:32 AM »
Yes, but did the GNR do a tear swab? How closely were they monitoring the McCanns tear ducts, and how could they see them anyway if they were prostrate with their bums in the air as shown...hmmmm?  &%+((£

On 3rd May he was on duty at the events, he arrived at the OC at about 23.00 accompanied by Officer Costa. They were the first to arrive on the scene.

He found the parents to be nervous and anxious, he did not see any tears from either of them although they produced noises identical to crying. He did not feel that this was an abduction, although this was the line indicated by the father.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #716 on: November 18, 2015, 11:38:20 AM »

How very odd that he only makes this observation many months later, after they have been made arguidos... &%+((£

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #717 on: November 18, 2015, 11:42:27 AM »
How very odd that he only makes this observation many months later, after they have been made arguidos... &%+((£

He comes to the process as a witness. He is an officer with the Lagos GNR and has worked for the Guarda for 21 years.

He confirms the integrity of his previous statements.

Offline Lace

« Reply #718 on: November 18, 2015, 11:46:37 AM »

Gerry threw himself at the officers feet as he was so relieved they had arrived,   he was distraught and frantic waiting for them.

The McCann's lying on the bed crying and praying might have seemed odd to them,  but it doesn't to many who could understand the sheer panic,  helplessness and desperation they were feeling.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #719 on: November 18, 2015, 11:47:20 AM »
He comes to the process as a witness. He is an officer with the Lagos GNR and has worked for the Guarda for 21 years.

He confirms the integrity of his previous statements.

In his earlier statement he says the McCanns were crying, in his later statement that they were making noises "identical" to crying but it wasn't crying.... hmmm....I don't suppose his judgement was in any way coloured by the fact that the McCanns had been designated as arguidos in the interim?  No, of course not!!!