Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411373 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #750 on: November 19, 2015, 03:31:20 PM »
Somewhere that the Police, dogs, searchers and locals(who knew the area) had not already searched, of course………………………
Very clever indeed, for folks who did not know the area, to do that………….Don’t you think?
And the wild dogs that were wandering around, didn’t find anything either.
In all the time I've been out here I've never seen a wild dog.

It is normal practice here to walk dogs off the lead in many situations, so I have had a run in with a trio of dogs that a German had let run loose.

And in places like farms, the dogs are allowed out without the farm gates being shut.

But I could not find a wild dog if my life depended on it.

PS the mound searched by SY happens to be considered a place to let dogs run off the lead.
What's up, old man?

Offline Lace

« Reply #751 on: November 19, 2015, 03:33:06 PM »
A quick run around the tennis courts by Gerald. An hour the following morning. Anything else? With cites, of course.

So what would you have done?   Not have been there for the police?   That would look good wouldn't it?   Also it would have sceptics talking 'oh Gerry wasn't there when the Police arrived,  hiding Madeleine's body was he,  couldn't be bothered to turn up could he'.

They searched all around 5a where Madeleine could have gone,  they searched the beach.   They went out the following morning to search again.   They no doubt expected the police to be there first thing,  so they were there waiting for them,   they turned up at 10 o'clock.   They went to the station.

Now it's all very well people saying they should have searched more,  but in reality, they did what they could, and well within what other parents of missing children have done.

After a day or two without finding her,   what do you think the chances of them finding her alive would have been?   Who wants the parents of a child to find their child dead?

Maybe you think they should have searched peoples homes for her?   Well how could they do that?   They would have needed the Police to do that sort of thing.

What happened when Gerry was on the beach talking on his phone?   Amaral said 'he wasn't looking for crabs that's for sure.'   Now I take that as meaning,  he was looking for Madeleine.   So did he think Gerry had hidden her on the beach?  The beach was searched with dogs,   but you can see what sort of things were said when the McCann's were innocently photographed.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #752 on: November 19, 2015, 03:45:52 PM »
So what would you have done?   Not have been there for the police?   That would look good wouldn't it?   Also it would have sceptics talking 'oh Gerry wasn't there when the Police arrived,  hiding Madeleine's body was he,  couldn't be bothered to turn up could he'.

They searched all around 5a where Madeleine could have gone,  they searched the beach.   They went out the following morning to search again.   They no doubt expected the police to be there first thing,  so they were there waiting for them,   they turned up at 10 o'clock.   They went to the station.

Now it's all very well people saying they should have searched more,  but in reality, they did what they could, and well within what other parents of missing children have done.

After a day or two without finding her,   what do you think the chances of them finding her alive would have been?   Who wants the parents of a child to find their child dead?

Maybe you think they should have searched peoples homes for her?   Well how could they do that?   They would have needed the Police to do that sort of thing.

What happened when Gerry was on the beach talking on his phone?   Amaral said 'he wasn't looking for crabs that's for sure.'   Now I take that as meaning,  he was looking for Madeleine.   So did he think Gerry had hidden her on the beach?  The beach was searched with dogs,   but you can see what sort of things were said when the McCann's were innocently photographed.

So if they did everything they could re the searching why have they put money aside as a contingency to enable a search?   Or to put it another way, what possible search could they do when the Mets finest have come up completely empty??

Mark Harrison stated in his report that a beach burial was highly unlikely due to many factors at Praia da Luz but that there were many other opportunities around the area which could have allowed for a concealment of a small child.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 04:05:09 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Lace

« Reply #753 on: November 19, 2015, 04:54:30 PM »
So if they did everything they could re the searching why have they put money aside as a contingency to enable a search?   Or to put it another way, what possible search could they do when the Mets finest have come up completely empty??

Mark Harrison stated in his report that a beach burial was highly unlikely due to many factors at Praia da Luz but that there were many other opportunities around the area which could have allowed for a concealment of a small child.

I would imagine the only searching they could carry on with would be from sightings,   the same way that Kerry was searching for Ben.

I really don't buy the possibility that the McCann's hid Madeleine's body somewhere where no one could find her,  an extensive search of the beach with dogs and helicopters yet nothing.

How would the McCann's know where to hide her,   the place wasn't well known to them.

Mark Harrison knew there were places a child could be hidden so no doubt the Portuguese searching the area would know and the police would know,  so they were probably searched.

Offline Lace

« Reply #754 on: November 19, 2015, 05:01:04 PM »
I don't believe for one moment that Kate McCann was acting when she ran screaming from 5a to raise the alarm,  I don't believe either of them were acting when they were clearly distraught crying.

So,   if Madeleine had been found dead,   how on earth did Kate McCann manage to hide her body and clear up before the friends arrived at 5a?

Where could she have hidden Madeleine,  the police searched 5a.

They had to leave 5a and go and share another apartment,  so if as some believe they hid Madeleine's body the following morning,  they would have had to go back to 5a and retrieve it. 

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #755 on: November 19, 2015, 05:01:47 PM »

It is normal practice here to walk dogs off the lead in many situations, so I have had a run in with a trio of dogs that a German had let run loose.

And in places like farms, the dogs are allowed out without the farm gates being shut.

PS the mound searched by SY happens to be considered a place to let dogs run off the lead.

MONDAY, JULY 23: I got up at 7.00 and went running. I was surrounded by a pack of dogs (more or less 12) it really wasn't a nice experience. I went to the flat, high part of the cliff as I felt really alone and a little frightened. Please God, don't let Madeleine be buried here. Please God, make sure she's alive. Please God, bring her back quickly to us.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #756 on: November 19, 2015, 05:26:40 PM »

According to this a pack of the critters was rounded up at some point prior to 2010 - maybe they were still there in 2007?  http://portugalresident.com/dog-fouling-in-luz

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #757 on: November 19, 2015, 05:29:27 PM »
A quick run around the tennis courts by Gerald. An hour the following morning. Anything else? With cites, of course.
So - you concede that they did run, search and call the child's name then.  Thank you.

Offline xtina

« Reply #758 on: November 19, 2015, 05:29:38 PM »
I don't believe for one moment that Kate McCann was acting when she ran screaming from 5a to raise the alarm,  I don't believe either of them were acting when they were clearly distraught crying.

So,   if Madeleine had been found dead,   how on earth did Kate McCann manage to hide her body and clear up before the friends arrived at 5a?

They had to leave 5a and go and share another apartment,  so if as some believe they hid Madeleine's body the following morning,  they would have had to go back to 5a and retrieve it.

p. 83 Friday 4 May. Our first day without Madeleine. As soon as it was light Gerry and I resumed our search. We went up and down roads we’d never seen before, having barely left the Ocean Club complex all week. We jumped over walls and raked through undergrowth. We looked in ditches and holes. All was quiet apart from the sound of barking dogs, which added to the eeriness of the atmosphere. I remember opening a big dumpster-type bin and saying to myself, please God, don’t let her be in here. The most striking and horrific thing about all this was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed, was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents.
 We must have been out for at least an hour before returning to David and Fiona’s apartment . . .

they resumed the search ?????...looking at this again ...they were completley alone ...no press no searchers no police ...so what was they doing ....they could have been doing anything ...like any place could have been a hiding place ...raked through undergrowth ..[what with ] looking in the skip wonder if it had just been emptied [the size they are if it was full how could you know what was in there .....

a lot of people think they could not do anything as they were under the spot light ....but she says her self they were alone ...the search stopped at around 4am...started again at eight ...and she has the nerve to say no one was looking for maddie ....well four hours they had alone ...and on there own...apart from barking dogs ...the area were they was also ..could have already been searched ...[how would they know that it hadn't or could they know that it had ...

its a fact as well anyone saying they would not want to search in case they found maddie dead .....we it speaks for itself were they were looking ....it would have been searching for a live or dead child ....
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Lace

« Reply #759 on: November 19, 2015, 06:28:59 PM »

p. 83 Friday 4 May. Our first day without Madeleine. As soon as it was light Gerry and I resumed our search. We went up and down roads we’d never seen before, having barely left the Ocean Club complex all week. We jumped over walls and raked through undergrowth. We looked in ditches and holes. All was quiet apart from the sound of barking dogs, which added to the eeriness of the atmosphere. I remember opening a big dumpster-type bin and saying to myself, please God, don’t let her be in here. The most striking and horrific thing about all this was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed, was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents.
 We must have been out for at least an hour before returning to David and Fiona’s apartment . . .

they resumed the search ?????...looking at this again ...they were completley alone ...no press no searchers no police ...so what was they doing ....they could have been doing anything ...like any place could have been a hiding place ...raked through undergrowth ..[what with ] looking in the skip wonder if it had just been emptied [the size they are if it was full how could you know what was in there .....

a lot of people think they could not do anything as they were under the spot light ....but she says her self they were alone ...the search stopped at around 4am...started again at eight ...and she has the nerve to say no one was looking for maddie ....well four hours they had alone ...and on there own...apart from barking dogs ...the area were they was also ..could have already been searched ...[how would they know that it hadn't or could they know that it had ...

its a fact as well anyone saying they would not want to search in case they found maddie dead .....we it speaks for itself were they were looking ....it would have been searching for a live or dead child ....

You say anywhere could have been an hiding place,   do you mean for the McCann's to have hidden Madeleine?   If so where had they kept her before they went out to hide her in the morning?  Or are you saying they were out retrieving her body to hide her somewhere else?

They felt alone,   I expect they thought the police would have been back with them at the first sign of light,  but they didn't arrive to speak to them until 10 o'clock.

I think they were thinking how things would have been done in Britain,  here we leave a liaison officer with the parents someone they can talk to and get reassured by.

After two days they would probably have been looking for a dead child,   so no one would have wanted the parents out searching once the police had taken over.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:36:01 PM by Lace »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #760 on: November 19, 2015, 06:35:02 PM »

The time between events independently witnessed is roughly 18:45 (ish) to 22:05 (ish). Like three and a bit hours. leaving two and a bit hours where no independent person can confirm what Drs McCann were doing if the T7 time line is to be believed.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Lace

« Reply #761 on: November 19, 2015, 06:37:58 PM »
The time between events independently witnessed is roughly 18:45 (ish) to 22:05 (ish). Like three and a bit hours. leaving two and a bit hours where no independent person can confirm what Drs McCann were doing if the T7 time line is to be believed.

No,   I can't believe the McCann's could be chatting and laughing and behaving normally if Madeleine was dead before they went out to dinner.

Everyone said the were behaving normally,   Jez Wilkins said Gerry was behaving normally the waiter said they were having a good time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #762 on: November 19, 2015, 06:50:03 PM »

I don't think they were acting either. They were very emotional. The question isn't were they displaying emotion, the question is was  it because they thought their daughter had been abducted, or was it something else?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #763 on: November 19, 2015, 06:54:58 PM »
No,   I can't believe the McCann's could be chatting and laughing and behaving normally if Madeleine was dead before they went out to dinner.

Everyone said the were behaving normally,   Jez Wilkins said Gerry was behaving normally the waiter said they were having a good time.

The issue was how much time there was, that is not changed by beliefs and the time available was about two hours.
I respect your belief but even were you next door neighbours to the McCanns it would remain a belief based on what you can see.
There are more than enough people about who can successfully hide their feelings and intentions and put up a "normal" front. I am not saying Drs McCann did because there was insufficient/no evidence turned up in the original investigation to support it. I am merely saying it is a possibility.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #764 on: November 19, 2015, 07:00:56 PM »
The issue was how much time there was, that is not changed by beliefs and the time available was about two hours.
I respect your belief but even were you next door neighbours to the McCanns it would remain a belief based on what you can see.
There are more than enough people about who can successfully hide their feelings and intentions and put up a "normal" front. I am not saying Drs McCann did because there was insufficient/no evidence turned up in the original investigation to support it. I am merely saying it is a possibility.

They proved extremely capable of controlling their emotions in subsequent interviews.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0