Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411057 times)

Offline lordpookles

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #810 on: November 20, 2015, 01:48:04 PM »
I don't think Tia Sharpes step dad behaved normally,  he went AWOL didn't he drinking and behaving quite weirdly.   When faced with the cameras he could play the concerned step dad couldn't he.  The McCann's went from normal behaviour to absolute melt down.

Ian Huntley of course was not the childrens dad.

He behaved how one would expect on camera and the police I believe said on a documentary I saw, he was convincing and wanted to help a bit too much. All the while the dead body is upstairs in their house and he was campaigning to find her, wearing a t-shirt etc..

On a laymen's opinion I think the McCann's tell the truth, because they do seem a bit ill at ease on camera and behave to some people's perception oddly and of course lack emotion. Whatever the case, it isn't what you would necessarily expect and that makes me believe them more, because if they were putting on an act I think it would be more convincing and it appears to me they don't care too much how they look...they are more concerned about their daughter...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:51:21 PM by lordpookles »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #811 on: November 20, 2015, 01:53:57 PM »
You state as if it is a fact that a body was moved later. That's not a fact, it's a hypothesis. That's the only reported conversation in which Kate participated. All the rest is your opinion that you know the capabilities of this couple, which you don't. They proved quite good at controlling their emotions during interviews following the events of 3rd May.
Do you not think that in the circumstances if Kate had been unusually quiet or serious that evening that one of the Tapas group might conceivably have mentioned this to the police, or do you think they're all in on it?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #812 on: November 20, 2015, 01:58:19 PM »
No need to go throwing around allegations saying people who believe this is possible have no empathy! Rather a blanket statement. If the McCanns have no empathy why would this not be possible? And when people need to they can lie/act very well.

Despite every angle being covered and every allegation and myth being debunked time and time again, we complete the circle yet again and go over the ground yet again.

The disgusting innuendos being passed around like sweeties by one poster without let or hindrance and certainly without provenance except on fora where it is commonplace to dredge the slurry floating around in what must be the filthiest minds imaginable to throw at the parents of a missing child ... become more revealing as time progresses.

We are discussing ... or supposed to be discussing ... searching. 

Or primarily ... why the Drs McCann ... out of all the parents of missing children should have and should be, prowling the streets of Luz - digging up folks' gardens - pushing their way into whatever villas take their fancy to poke around - hiring a JCB to dig up the rocky ground of Luz - stalking residents etc; etc;
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #813 on: November 20, 2015, 02:00:31 PM »
It is not deflection of any kind. Your argument to defeat my argument, simply put is "You cannot demonstrate it has happened before therefore it cannot happen" you are not alone in that form of argument on here.
It is a manifestly preposterous method of argument. "If it’s beyond what we think can happen/will happen, then we act as though it never can happen".
But if it makes you happy and you think you have proved your point by its utilisation then I am happy for you.
No, I agree it could possibly happen that loving, caring parents could conceivably cover up the accidental death of a child to save their own skins, however you intimated that such self-preserving cover-ups are not uncommon so all I'm asking is for examples to back up your contention, is that too much to ask?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:05:19 PM by Alfred R Jones »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #814 on: November 20, 2015, 02:04:01 PM »
We don't know how they fitted into the dynamic of the group? Yes, they are now the famous members of the group as far as the world views them, but there are some indications that they were not the centre of the group and may not have been centre of attention. We just don't know how much notice the rest of the group took.

There is at least one independent comment that Dr Gerry McCann was the most extrovert (and loudest?) of the group from people who had observed them as a group at table.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #815 on: November 20, 2015, 02:04:44 PM »
Harold Shipman was very well thought of;

The consultants liked him. He got on well with his colleagues. The patients absolutely couldn't ever say a bad thing about him,'' she said.
''They felt calm and comfortable with him and knew that he was looking after them properly. He was always professional, always, and you always felt at ease with him. He'd have a smile with them, a little joke with them, but professional to his fingertips.''
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10771151/Harold-Shipman-was-a-good-doctor-says-victims-son.html
Harold Shipman was a murdering psychopath, what point are you trying to make?  That the McCanns might share common traits with him?

stephen25000

« Reply #816 on: November 20, 2015, 02:26:15 PM »
Despite every angle being covered and every allegation and myth being debunked time and time again, we complete the circle yet again and go over the ground yet again.

The disgusting innuendos being passed around like sweeties by one poster without let or hindrance and certainly without provenance except on fora where it is commonplace to dredge the slurry floating around in what must be the filthiest minds imaginable to throw at the parents of a missing child ... become more revealing as time progresses.

We are discussing ... or supposed to be discussing ... searching. 

Or primarily ... why the Drs McCann ... out of all the parents of missing children should have and should be, prowling the streets of Luz - digging up folks' gardens - pushing their way into whatever villas take their fancy to poke around - hiring a JCB to dig up the rocky ground of Luz - stalking residents etc; etc;

Yes we know.

Their 'searching' ended with a stroll for about an hour, the following morning of May 4 th 2007.

Whilst many other people had searched through the night and on several successive days afterwards.

Whilst the mccanns were busy elsewhere. 8)-)))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:57:05 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #817 on: November 20, 2015, 02:31:51 PM »
Do you not think that in the circumstances if Kate had been unusually quiet or serious that evening that one of the Tapas group might conceivably have mentioned this to the police, or do you think they're all in on it?

To be able to answer your questions I would have to know whether she behaved differently or not. I have no idea; all I know is that she expressed doubt about leaving the door open.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #818 on: November 20, 2015, 02:36:34 PM »
Harold Shipman was a murdering psychopath, what point are you trying to make?  That the McCanns might share common traits with him?

I am saying that people who do bad things don't wear a label saying so. No-one had Shipman down as a murdering psychopath before he was discovered. Assuming that people are good doesn't mean they are.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #819 on: November 20, 2015, 02:53:56 PM »
I am saying that people who do bad things don't wear a label saying so. No-one had Shipman down as a murdering psychopath before he was discovered. Assuming that people are good doesn't mean they are.

Tell me about it, I have seen the worst excesses by so-called professionals of all sorts whilst serving in the police and that includes, politicians, councillors, doctors, accountants, bank managers and dentists to name but a few.  The bottom line is that people don't suddenly become moral simply because they have a degree or letters before their name.

eta. I forgot solicitors, advocates and judges some of whom have been guilty of some terrible abuses.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:56:13 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #820 on: November 20, 2015, 02:58:29 PM »
No, I agree it could possibly happen that loving, caring parents could conceivably cover up the accidental death of a child to save their own skins, however you intimated that such self-preserving cover-ups are not uncommon so all I'm asking is for examples to back up your contention, is that too much to ask?

You are putting words in my mouth.
I said self preservation and fear of the unknown were motives.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #822 on: November 20, 2015, 04:21:08 PM »
To be able to answer your questions I would have to know whether she behaved differently or not. I have no idea; all I know is that she expressed doubt about leaving the door open.
We know that no difference in behaviour prior to Madeleine's disappearance was remarked upon by any of the group, or anyone else for that matter.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #823 on: November 20, 2015, 04:27:39 PM »
Harold Shipman was very well thought of;

The consultants liked him. He got on well with his colleagues. The patients absolutely couldn't ever say a bad thing about him,'' she said.
''They felt calm and comfortable with him and knew that he was looking after them properly. He was always professional, always, and you always felt at ease with him. He'd have a smile with them, a little joke with them, but professional to his fingertips.''
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10771151/Harold-Shipman-was-a-good-doctor-says-victims-son.html

Shipman had a history of mental illness and drug abuse for which he received a criminal conviction

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #824 on: November 20, 2015, 04:28:24 PM »
No, and I'm sure Myra Hindley was a lovely girl too, until she met up with Ian Brady, so I guess that means we're all potential murdering psychopaths, even you.