Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411108 times)

Offline Lace

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1080 on: November 23, 2015, 02:17:18 PM »
Who prevented the mccanns searching after seeing the police ?

Likewise,many other people were searching the area, not just the police, so your excuses don't wash.

You really cannot imagine yourself in the place of the parents can you?    When they came back from the station they went out Gerry read out an appeal to anyone who had seen Madeleine or who would have taken Madeleine,  surely you could see how traumatised they were doing that?

No one wants the parents of a child to be searching when she could be found dead,  none of the other parents I know of who have had a child disappear have gone out searching once the police have taken over.   Please read up on what other parents have done Stephen and don't imagine for one minute that you wouldn't have done the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxHuwT__URc
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:20:54 PM by Lace »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1081 on: November 23, 2015, 02:17:26 PM »
Searching began as soon as people realised a child was missing. .

David Payne, Russell O'Brien and Matthew Oldham searched intermittently from 10pm. They went as far as the Millenium and the beach.

Fiona Payne did a circuit of nearby roads. she searched the apartment.

Dianne Webster walked as far as the roadworks.

Kate McCann searched the apartment. She also went out of the front door of the apartment and looked in the main entrance of the block with Fiona Payne.

Gerald McCann searched the apartment. He may have looked around the tennis courts if he was correctly identified by a Tapas employee. He searched up the stairs of the block with Rachael O'Brien.

He went out with David Payne between 3am and 4am to look for her.

The Ocean Club and Mark Warner employees searched with local people from 10.30pm to 4.30am. They were joined by policemen and dogs during the night.

At 4.30am people went to bed. The searches resumed at 8am. Meanwhile the McCanns spent an hour out of the apartment searching. They were seen in the street at 7am.

Most of the time the parents concentrated on phoning and texting relatives, friends and the Consulate,

11.40pm to 12pm  gerald McCann called his brother, sister and the Kenndy's.
0.00.27 am Kate calls Sue and Brian Healy (128 seconds)
0.05.00 am Gerry calls Brian and Janet Kennedy (3 seconds)
0.05.45 am Gerry calls Trish Cameron (3 seconds)
0.06.15 am Gerry calls Brian and Janet Kennedy (2.47 minutes)
0.13.14 am Gerry calls Trish Cameron (3 seconds)
0.13.50 am Kate calls Sue and Brian Healy (407 seconds)
0.21.36 am Gerry calls Trish Cameron (23 seconds)
0.23.12 am Gerry calls .... (3.55 minutes)
0.27.07 am Trish Cameron calls Gerry (2.28 minutes)
0.29.37 am Angela Morado at UK Consulate calls Gerry (4.53 minutes)
1.02.08 am Aurélio Guerreiro calls Kate (2.23 minutes) to offer help, at the request of Pat Perkins. A man answers the phone.
1.16.11 am Gerry calls A. M. UK Consulate(1.57 minutes)
1.29.58 am Phil McCann calls Gerry (3.36 minutes)
0.36.21 am Kate calls ... (31 seconds)
0.37.05 am voicemail calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
0.38.40 am ... calls Gerry (6.40 minutes)
0.39.58 am Kate calls voicemail (34 seconds)
0.40.50 am voicemail calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
0.45.15 am Brian and Janet Kennedy call Gerry (1.18 minutes)
0.45.49 am Kate calls voicemail (31 seconds)
0.47.23 am Aurélio Guerreiro calls Kate (2.39 minutes) to offer help, at the request of Pat Perkins. A man answers the phone.
0.47.41 am Angela Morado at UK Consulate calls Gerry (2.15 minutes)
0.53.08 am ... calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
0.-1.30am Kate calls Priest

The phone calls and texts continue solidly until 9.45am.

Parental searching around 2 hours.
Parental phoning and texting around 10 hours.

It makes sense to call relatives just in case the child is going to remain missing. I don't understand calling friends at this stage as the child could have been found at any moment.
Where do you get 10 hours of phonecalls from?  I have added up the calls made by Gerry and Kate as listed above and it works out at around 70 minutes in total between them!

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1082 on: November 23, 2015, 02:19:00 PM »
Who prevented the mccanns searching after seeing the police ?

Likewise,many other people were searching the area, not just the police, so your excuses don't wash.

If one had searched while the other remained in the apartment in case there would have been no comment.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1083 on: November 23, 2015, 02:27:47 PM »
Searching began as soon as people realised a child was missing. .

David Payne, Russell O'Brien and Matthew Oldham searched intermittently from 10pm. They went as far as the Millenium and the beach.

Fiona Payne did a circuit of nearby roads. she searched the apartment.

Dianne Webster walked as far as the roadworks.

Kate McCann searched the apartment. She also went out of the front door of the apartment and looked in the main entrance of the block with Fiona Payne.

Gerald McCann searched the apartment. He may have looked around the tennis courts if he was correctly identified by a Tapas employee. He searched up the stairs of the block with Rachael O'Brien.

He went out with David Payne between 3am and 4am to look for her.

The Ocean Club and Mark Warner employees searched with local people from 10.30pm to 4.30am. They were joined by policemen and dogs during the night.

At 4.30am people went to bed. The searches resumed at 8am. Meanwhile the McCanns spent an hour out of the apartment searching. They were seen in the street at 7am.

Most of the time the parents concentrated on phoning and texting relatives, friends and the Consulate,

11.40pm to 12pm  gerald McCann called his brother, sister and the Kenndy's.
0.00.27 am Kate calls Sue and Brian Healy (128 seconds)
0.05.00 am Gerry calls Brian and Janet Kennedy (3 seconds)
0.05.45 am Gerry calls Trish Cameron (3 seconds)
0.06.15 am Gerry calls Brian and Janet Kennedy (2.47 minutes)
0.13.14 am Gerry calls Trish Cameron (3 seconds)
0.13.50 am Kate calls Sue and Brian Healy (407 seconds)
0.21.36 am Gerry calls Trish Cameron (23 seconds)
0.23.12 am Gerry calls .... (3.55 minutes)
0.27.07 am Trish Cameron calls Gerry (2.28 minutes)
0.29.37 am Angela Morado at UK Consulate calls Gerry (4.53 minutes)
1.02.08 am Aurélio Guerreiro calls Kate (2.23 minutes) to offer help, at the request of Pat Perkins. A man answers the phone.
1.16.11 am Gerry calls A. M. UK Consulate(1.57 minutes)
1.29.58 am Phil McCann calls Gerry (3.36 minutes)
0.36.21 am Kate calls ... (31 seconds)
0.37.05 am voicemail calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
0.38.40 am ... calls Gerry (6.40 minutes)
0.39.58 am Kate calls voicemail (34 seconds)
0.40.50 am voicemail calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
0.45.15 am Brian and Janet Kennedy call Gerry (1.18 minutes)
0.45.49 am Kate calls voicemail (31 seconds)
0.47.23 am Aurélio Guerreiro calls Kate (2.39 minutes) to offer help, at the request of Pat Perkins. A man answers the phone.
0.47.41 am Angela Morado at UK Consulate calls Gerry (2.15 minutes)
0.53.08 am ... calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
0.-1.30am Kate calls Priest

The phone calls and texts continue solidly until 9.45am.

Parental searching around 2 hours.
Parental phoning and texting around 10 hours.

It makes sense to call relatives just in case the child is going to remain missing. I don't understand calling friends at this stage as the child could have been found at any moment.

My goodness!  Didn’t they do well, informing everyone who was of importance, between waiting for police and being interviewed by GNR and PJ.
I believe the police left approx.4am.

Of course they phoned family, I wouldn’t want my family to hear about the disappearance from the news either. They also phoned everybody who might be able to help……………They were desperate, distressed, afraid and probably in shock.

Apart from the time taken up by the police, the men  searched all night while the women were with their children.

Gerry and Kate went out as soon as it was light after asking Fi to watch over the twins.
They would have to be back to sort  out the babies, before preparing to go to the police station

8.30am they were all outside waiting to go to the police station.
A photo here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id121.html

Smip:-
4078 “Okay. Did you go to bed at all that night to get some sleep?”
Reply “Not until, it was probably about, I think about half four’ish, yeah, we tried to, tried to go to bed, I think purely because we knew in the morning we’d be asked for statements, so it was like (inaudible) sleep at all but it was like try and, try and get some rest to function in the morning”.
4078 “What about Russell (inaudible)?”

Reply “Well him and Matt they were doing the, they were, I think they were sort of searching, I don’t know where they searched, but they, they were actually sort of running around actually looking farther afield, so didn’t really see them much at all. I think that they did come back and as I say I can’t remember when they came back but I remember them coming back and then they went off again. And then I think they, Russell was there when I spoke to the PJ, because I can remember Russell coming in with me when I spoke to the PJ, because there was Russell and Gerry was there as well in the apartment when I spoke to the PJ. And that was the first time I’d ever been into their, into Kate and Gerry’s apartment through the whole week, I hadn’t, it might seem like, but we hadn’t really been into their apartment before”.
4078 “Sorry, was that on the night that Madeleine had disappeared?”
Reply “That was at three o’clock in the morning after she’d disappeared, yeah”.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id222.html
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1084 on: November 23, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »
The formulaic script is yours, followed by you and the rest of your clique.

Don't bother either with that third paragraph either. The history of mccann supporters insulting the 'sceptics' is well known and you have used it on me. For example the use of the word 'adequate', which you said to me in reference to knowledge of one of the subjects I teach. You hide behind subtle use of snide remarks to other posters as well. So don't think it has gone unnoticed. However, like your fellows you go crying to the mods when you get a taste of your own medicine.

Meanwhile, in the real world, no one has stopped the mccanns searching. Not that I believed for one moment they have been seriously 'searching'.

Absolutely correct. "no one has stopped the mccanns searching." for the very simple reason ... they did not allow any of the campaigns against them by groups of like minded people to get in the way of their determination to have Madeleine looked for and hopefully found.

When your daughter is out there and you haven't a clue where or what her fate might be you do the best you can to find her particularly as no-one else seemed to have the will to try to address the problems caused by the thoroughly botched and compromised initial investigation.

I doubt very much if there is another ordinary couple - and bear in mind the Drs McCann were just that until Madeleine's disappearance - who could have overcome everything which has been thrown at them to concentrate single mindedly on the search and recovery of their daughter.

There are those who cannot seem to forgive them for achieving the impossible ... there are also those who regret that Madeleine McCann became not only the victim of an abductor but the victim of incompetence and everything that went amiss in her case after she was taken by that person.

Try aiming your opprobrium in that direction ... it might make a pleasant change for you.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #1085 on: November 23, 2015, 02:37:42 PM »
Absolutely correct. "no one has stopped the mccanns searching." for the very simple reason ... they did not allow any of the campaigns against them by groups of like minded people to get in the way of their determination to have Madeleine looked for and hopefully found.

When your daughter is out there and you haven't a clue where or what her fate might be you do the best you can to find her particularly as no-one else seemed to have the will to try to address the problems caused by the thoroughly botched and compromised initial investigation.

I doubt very much if there is another ordinary couple - and bear in mind the Drs McCann were just that until Madeleine's disappearance - who could have overcome everything which has been thrown at them to concentrate single mindedly on the search and recovery of their daughter.

There are those who cannot seem to forgive them for achieving the impossible ... there are also those who regret that Madeleine McCann became not only the victim of an abductor but the victim of incompetence and everything that went amiss in her case after she was taken by that person.

Try aiming your opprobrium in that direction ... it might make a pleasant change for you.

Very predictable reply.

Again the mantra of abduction and not with one iota of proof.

Your reply merely highlights the deductions made about posters such as yourself.

As to to being the victim of incompetence, Madeleine was, her parents, and not some fictional abductor  or the police force who tried to solve her disappearance.

So bleat on.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:46:27 PM by stephen25000 »

stephen25000

« Reply #1086 on: November 23, 2015, 02:38:16 PM »
If one had searched while the other remained in the apartment in case there would have been no comment.

Precisely Slarti.

stephen25000

« Reply #1087 on: November 23, 2015, 02:42:13 PM »
You really cannot imagine yourself in the place of the parents can you?    When they came back from the station they went out Gerry read out an appeal to anyone who had seen Madeleine or who would have taken Madeleine,  surely you could see how traumatised they were doing that?

No one wants the parents of a child to be searching when she could be found dead,  none of the other parents I know of who have had a child disappear have gone out searching once the police have taken over.   Please read up on what other parents have done Stephen and don't imagine for one minute that you wouldn't have done the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxHuwT__URc

I hate to remind you of an empirical piece of logic and good parenting skills, but I would never have let my children alone and unsafe, if I went out to drink and eat ?

Would you ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1088 on: November 23, 2015, 03:00:41 PM »
Very predictable reply.

Again the mantra of abduction and not with one iota of proof.

Your reply merely highlights the deductions made about posters such as yourself.

As to to being the victim of incompetence, Madeleine was, her parents, and not some fictional abductor  or the police force who tried to solve her disappearance.

So bleat on.

I am rather pleased that I come so low in your estimation ... I would worry were it otherwise. 
Do feel free to have the last rejoinder.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #1089 on: November 23, 2015, 03:06:53 PM »
I am rather pleased that I come so low in your estimation ... I would worry were it otherwise. 
Do feel free to have the last rejoinder.

Quelle surprise. 6&%5%

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1090 on: November 23, 2015, 03:13:49 PM »
Where do you get 10 hours of phonecalls from?  I have added up the calls made by Gerry and Kate as listed above and it works out at around 70 minutes in total between them!

Well done! You didn't notice then that I stopped listing them individually, just saying instead that they continued at the same frequency until 9.45am on the 4th?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1091 on: November 23, 2015, 03:18:11 PM »
Well done! You didn't notice then that I stopped listing them individually, just saying instead that they continued at the same frequency until 9.45am on the 4th?
I didn't notice that no, my humble apologies.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1092 on: November 23, 2015, 03:56:21 PM »
I hate to remind you of an empirical piece of logic and good parenting skills, but I would never have let my children alone and unsafe, if I went out to drink and eat ?

Would you ?

I have stated many times on this forum that I would not have left my children alone,  the McCann's made a very bad decision and have said so themselves and they are paying for it.

However,  you are unable to put yourself in the parents shoes as to how they were feeling when they found their child missing or how parents deal with having a missing child.

You just keep posting the same thing 'any loving parent would have searched'   you post that without even thinking out what you would have done yourself.    When asked though you said you would search the surrounding area,  which is what they did.   Then they waited for the police,  which is what you would do,  then they helped the police with their enquires which is what parent should do.

To then say they should have searched after going to the station,   the police were doing an extensive search,  they were traumatised,  what good  would it do to go out and search where the police had already searched?  Also the police do not want the parents out searching for obvious reasons.   To say others were searching,  well yes they were but they weren't the child's parents were they.   Then you agree that what if one parent stayed in whilst the other searched,  well then again search where ?   where the police were searching?   It doesn't matter which parent goes out that parent would not want to find their child dead.

So why don't you have a good think Stephen,  before you post any more nasty spiteful posts about the lack of searching.

stephen25000

« Reply #1093 on: November 23, 2015, 04:07:54 PM »
I have stated many times on this forum that I would not have left my children alone,  the McCann's made a very bad decision and have said so themselves and they are paying for it.

However,  you are unable to put yourself in the parents shoes as to how they were feeling when they found their child missing or how parents deal with having a missing child.

You just keep posting the same thing 'any loving parent would have searched'   you post that without even thinking out what you would have done yourself.    When asked though you said you would search the surrounding area,  which is what they did.   Then they waited for the police,  which is what you would do,  then they helped the police with their enquires which is what parent should do.

To then say they should have searched after going to the station,   the police were doing an extensive search,  they were traumatised,  what good  would it do to go out and search where the police had already searched?  Also the police do not want the parents out searching for obvious reasons.   To say others were searching,  well yes they were but they weren't the child's parents were they.   Then you agree that what if one parent stayed in whilst the other searched,  well then again search where ?   where the police were searching?   It doesn't matter which parent goes out that parent would not want to find their child dead.

So why don't you have a good think Stephen,  before you post any more nasty spiteful posts about the lack of searching.

Going searching doesn't mean you assume a child is dead.

However, if parents don't search whilst others do , as did the police EXTENSIVELY,  whilst finding time to do other things and 'keeping busy', raises the question of them knowing whether or not it was a pointless exercise.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1094 on: November 23, 2015, 04:19:15 PM »
Going searching doesn't mean you assume a child is dead.

However, if parents don't search whilst others do , as did the police EXTENSIVELY,  whilst finding time to do other things and 'keeping busy', raises the question of them knowing whether or not it was a pointless exercise.

No it doesn't as the other things as you call them was going to the station and helping the police.

As the McCann's searched for Madeleine as much as one would expect parents to search I don't see how there could be any suspicion about them.    Are you saying that Coral didn't search for April because she knew it was a pointless exercise,  or are you just accusing the McCann's.