Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411135 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1095 on: November 23, 2015, 04:26:04 PM »
At the end of the day, all the McCanns have been found guilty of is  not acting in the way the "sceptics" believe they would have behaved in a similar situation - it's all they have, and it's really quite sad to think that it's been enough to sustain their campaign for the last nearly 9 years, and probably will be  enough to sustain them for the next nine years too.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1096 on: November 23, 2015, 04:32:54 PM »
Going searching doesn't mean you assume a child is dead.

However, if parents don't search whilst others do , as did the police EXTENSIVELY,  whilst finding time to do other things and 'keeping busy', raises the question of them knowing whether or not it was a pointless exercise.

The very reason why Sandy Davidson's mother could not bring herself to search was because she was so frightened of what she might find.   It doesn't take rocket science to work out what it was that she was dreading finding.  Are you claiming it was because she knew that it was a pointless exercise to search - as that would infer that she was complicit in the disappearance of her little boy?

You don't say how you would cope with the scores of reporters and photographers and other media people desperately hoping and waiting for you to emerge  - as the secrecy laws meant they were getting zilch from the police.    Not much chance of seaching IMO when you are surrounded by a mob shoving microphones and cameras in your face and firing questions at you.    How would you have dealt with them Stephen?

The advice from the police is to stay at home - although once again you appear to think you know better than the experts.  So nothing new there then.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1097 on: November 23, 2015, 04:34:24 PM »
At the end of the day, all the McCanns have been found guilty of is  not acting in the way the "sceptics" believe they would have behaved in a similar situation - it's all they have, and it's really quite sad to think that it's been enough to sustain their campaign for the last nearly 9 years, and probably will be  enough to sustain them for the next nine years too.

At the end of the day all the supporters have is an unshakable belief that the McCanns told the truth. Taking people at face value is an admirable but rather naive trait.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1098 on: November 23, 2015, 04:40:52 PM »
At the end of the day all the supporters have is an unshakable belief that the McCanns told the truth. Taking people at face value is an admirable but rather naive trait.
Which I don't have, but what I do possess instead is the ability to look at the facts objectively and unemotionally, and to use logic to come to conclusions, invariably the right ones. 

Offline Benice

« Reply #1099 on: November 23, 2015, 04:48:19 PM »

On the contrary - although I believe that witnesses genuinely told the truth as they recalled it - that doesn't mean their recollections were always accurate.   Fortunately the police, more than anyone else IMO, are well aware of the fallibility of memory  - and for that reason -  unlike many sceptics -  they do not automatically believe that if there are discrepancies, then someone must be lying.    It's nothing to do with being naive.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline misty

« Reply #1100 on: November 23, 2015, 05:01:35 PM »

It is more naïve to believe that everyone except the McCanns is telling the truth.

stephen25000

« Reply #1101 on: November 23, 2015, 05:08:36 PM »
No it doesn't as the other things as you call them was going to the station and helping the police.

As the McCann's searched for Madeleine as much as one would expect parents to search I don't see how there could be any suspicion about them.    Are you saying that Coral didn't search for April because she knew it was a pointless exercise,  or are you just accusing the McCann's.

Do you enjoy going around in circles ?

The 'other things'  I was referring to, didn't include the police.

You know full well what I mean. I have mentioned on this thread already.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1102 on: November 23, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »

my conclusions are not based on an unshakable belief...you are totally wrong....it is noted that Sy also believe the McCanns...a very inconvenient truth for the sceptics to deal with

stephen25000

« Reply #1103 on: November 23, 2015, 07:30:13 PM »
my conclusions are not based on an unshakable belief...you are totally wrong....it is noted that Sy also believe the McCanns...a very inconvenient truth for the sceptics to deal with

Yet SY have found absolutely nothing.

Now could that be that there is nothing to find as regards abduction ? 8**8:/:

Offline jassi

« Reply #1104 on: November 23, 2015, 07:35:35 PM »
Yet SY have found absolutely nothing.

Now could that be that there is nothing to find as regards abduction ? 8**8:/:

Could prove to be a bit of a b....r if that's the only line they are prepared to investigate.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #1105 on: November 23, 2015, 07:45:10 PM »

Could prove to be a bit of a b....r if that's the only line they are prepared to investigate.

Quite right Jassi.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1106 on: November 23, 2015, 07:47:15 PM »

You could always look upon it as a kind of job creation scheme by the "sad sceptics". After all their sustained campaign has created employment of a sort for you, davel, Brietta et al for few hours every day.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1107 on: November 23, 2015, 07:50:28 PM »
You could always look upon it as a kind of job creation scheme by the "sad sceptics". After all their sustained campaign has created employment of a sort for you, davel, Brietta et al for few hours every day.
and so too for you then, as alpha WUM of the forum.

stephen25000

« Reply #1108 on: November 23, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »

Nice one Alice. @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1109 on: November 23, 2015, 07:57:28 PM »

Pot? Kettle? Chicken? or Egg?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....