Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411146 times)

Offline Lace

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1155 on: November 25, 2015, 08:35:26 AM »
Sorry that last post was a reply to Stephen and not Davel,  mod please could you sort my post out   8()-000(  SORRY!!!

Sorted
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:09:08 AM by Anna »

stephen25000

« Reply #1156 on: November 25, 2015, 08:47:30 AM »
Why do I always get the impression that you are mocking the police when you post things like that Stephen,  it's almost as if you are glad they have found nothing.

Though you don't know what they have found do you?

For someone who says they want 'Justice' for Madeleine,   you have a very strange way of showing it.   Surely justice for Madeleine would start firstly by finding her and understanding what happened to her,  which is what SY are trying to do.

I find that first sentence truly ironic, given the history of mccann supporters attacking the PJ.

You don't appear to have grasped the truth yet, that SY haven't found anything as regards abduction.

Has it occurred to you there is nothing to find ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #1157 on: November 25, 2015, 08:57:37 AM »
I find that first sentence truly ironic, given the history of mccann supporters attacking the PJ.

You don't appear to have grasped the truth yet, that SY haven't found anything as regards abduction.

In what way have I ever mocked the PJ for not finding Madeleine?

You don't know what SY have found out and that is a fact that you keep ignoring.

Of course there is something to find!!     they wouldn't be bothering to investigate otherwise would they.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1158 on: November 25, 2015, 09:13:09 AM »

You don't know what SY have found out and that is a fact that you keep ignoring.

Of course there is something to find!!     they wouldn't be bothering to investigate otherwise would they.

Of course they would - they have been told to.  Not all crimes are solved, however much effort is put in.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #1159 on: November 25, 2015, 09:27:49 AM »

How do you know there is something to find ?

What is very clear, is that they have found nothing, and no matter how much you long you stick your head in the sand, that won't change.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1160 on: November 25, 2015, 09:30:56 AM »
So if during their investigation SY decided there was no abduction - do you think they would simply keep schtum about that and carry on just 'pretending' there was an abduction because that was their remit?  What would be the point of such insanity?

Why did the remit mention abduction if other possibilities were going to be considered? Police investigations usually look at the evidence and then decide which crime or crimes had been committed, not the other way round.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1161 on: November 25, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »
Of course they would - they have been told to.  Not all crimes are solved, however much effort is put in.
So let's just not bother then.  Let's look at all crimes committed and decide in advance which ones are easier to solve and only bother with them.  Even though the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is one of the biggest mysteries in recent times, and may involve a predatory paedophile, let's not bother trying to solve it cos there's little likelihood of a result. 

Offline Lace

« Reply #1162 on: November 25, 2015, 09:33:46 AM »

SY opened the case after a review,   they found many areas of investigation.   If they had not found new evidence then they wouldn't have reopened the case.

The case may not be solved,  but that doesn't mean SY haven't found anything,  just that they have yet to find proof.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1163 on: November 25, 2015, 09:34:55 AM »

Most posters do not attack the PJ as a whole  - and recognise that there are many decent hardworking policemen amongst them.     Unfortunately (for Madeleine)  there were also a couple of policemen  - not only amongst them-  but actually leading them - who ended up with criminal convictions for crimes  related to their previous 'police work'.      Are you saying we should admire and trust these two crooks who abused their power, and that they should be above criticism?

Nothing was found when Ben Needham disappeared.   According to your logic that means there was nothing to find and so Ben could not have been abducted.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Lace

« Reply #1164 on: November 25, 2015, 09:35:27 AM »
How do you know there is something to find ?

What is very clear, is that they have found nothing, and no matter how much you long you stick your head in the sand, that won't change.

There is something to find MADELEINE.

There you go again 'they have found nothing'   how on earth do you know that?   I'm not sticking my head in the sand you are.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1165 on: November 25, 2015, 09:36:11 AM »
Why did the remit mention abduction if other possibilities were going to be considered? Police investigations usually look at the evidence and then decide which crime or crimes had been committed, not the other way round.
So, is it your belief that the High Ups have instructed the Met to take part in a monumental cover up?

Offline Benice

« Reply #1166 on: November 25, 2015, 09:43:27 AM »

You didn't answer my question:

No matter what the remit was to start with  - do you think that SY would have ignored or simply turned a blind eye to anything which emerged during their investigations which pointed to something other than an abduction - on the grounds that that wasn't part of their remit? 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline jassi

« Reply #1167 on: November 25, 2015, 09:58:35 AM »
So let's just not bother then.  Let's look at all crimes committed and decide in advance which ones are easier to solve and only bother with them.  Even though the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is one of the biggest mysteries in recent times, and may involve a predatory paedophile, let's not bother trying to solve it cos there's little likelihood of a result.

Well, if that's what you really think. 
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1168 on: November 25, 2015, 10:03:10 AM »
Well, if that's what you really think.
No, it's not what I think, but it does seem to be the view of some.

stephen25000

« Reply #1169 on: November 25, 2015, 10:17:44 AM »
There is something to find MADELEINE.

There you go again 'they have found nothing'   how on earth do you know that?   I'm not sticking my head in the sand you are.

What is this 'something' ?

'something' over the rainbow perhaps  ? &%5y%