Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411268 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1170 on: November 25, 2015, 10:24:36 AM »
So, is it your belief that the High Ups have instructed the Met to take part in a monumental cover up?

I'm pretty sure that no-one 'instructed the Met to take part in a monumental cover up'. However, mentioning the crime in the remit suggests that the nature of the crime was decided before the review began, does it not?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1171 on: November 25, 2015, 10:37:00 AM »
I'm pretty sure that no-one 'instructed the Met to take part in a monumental cover up'. However, mentioning the crime in the remit suggests that the nature of the crime was decided before the review began, does it not?
So who do you think decided that and why?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1172 on: November 25, 2015, 11:28:13 AM »

Let's face it, Redwood previously and Wall currently have not progressed this investigation despite spending a fortune on it.  Eight years on they know no more than the Portuguese did weeks after Maddie disappeared.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1173 on: November 25, 2015, 11:33:14 AM »
Let's face it, Redwood previously and Wall currently have not progressed this investigation despite spending a fortune on it.  Eight years on they know no more than the Portuguese did weeks after Maddie disappeared.

And are now ramping down. It makes one wonder does it not ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1174 on: November 25, 2015, 11:40:47 AM »
And are now ramping down. It makes one wonder does it not ?

It makes me wonder if the lesser evil is to bury their heads in the sand rather than solve this case.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

ferryman

« Reply #1175 on: November 25, 2015, 11:50:34 AM »

How do you know what they know (or don't know)?

Do you have inside information?

Personally, I would tend to take the fact that the present enquiry has been granted extra funding as a guide that inside information suggests greater progress (in bringing matters to a successful conclusion) than we could ever guess at.

I would like to think we would all love me to be right on that ....

Offline Benice

« Reply #1176 on: November 25, 2015, 11:54:17 AM »
It makes me wonder if the lesser evil is to bury their heads in the sand rather than solve this case.

Why would you describe SY solving the case as an 'evil' - to be avoided in favour of burying their heads in the sand? 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1177 on: November 25, 2015, 12:02:45 PM »
So who do you think decided that and why?

I have no idea Alfred. It could be a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune, I suppose. Whoever wrote it either set the parameters of the investigation or jumped the gun and assumed that 'abduction' was going to be the answer. Operation Grange did seem to allow for the possibility of a death with their searches of the town.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1178 on: November 25, 2015, 12:41:55 PM »
I have no idea Alfred. It could be a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune, I suppose. Whoever wrote it either set the parameters of the investigation or jumped the gun and assumed that 'abduction' was going to be the answer. Operation Grange did seem to allow for the possibility of a death with their searches of the town.

Makes one wonder why anyone so powerful  they could  'call the tune' -  would  contemplate taking even the slightest risk to that power-  for a couple of doctors from Leicester - ( who in the scheme of all things 'political' were of no importance to them at all)  -  by secretly trying to influence the outcome of a SY investigation.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1179 on: November 25, 2015, 01:04:09 PM »
Then you are basically allowing for the possibility of conspiracy at a high level, unless I have misunderstood.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1180 on: November 25, 2015, 01:04:53 PM »
Why would you describe SY solving the case as an 'evil' - to be avoided in favour of burying their heads in the sand?
Good question, to a VERY bizarre statement from Angelo!

stephen25000

« Reply #1181 on: November 25, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »
Good question, to a VERY bizarre statement from Angelo!

Why is it bizarre ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1182 on: November 25, 2015, 01:54:22 PM »
Then you are basically allowing for the possibility of conspiracy at a high level, unless I have misunderstood.

Unlike the person who wrote the remit I am allowing for all possibilities, that's all. In some cases the nature of the crime is known, even if the perpetrator isn't. In this case the nature of the crime wasn't known in advance. It could have been just a slip of the pen for all I know, but it hasn't been corrected.
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1183 on: November 25, 2015, 02:06:36 PM »
Unlike the person who wrote the remit I am allowing for all possibilities, that's all. In some cases the nature of the crime is known, even if the perpetrator isn't. In this case the nature of the crime wasn't known in advance. It could have been just a slip of the pen for all I know, but it hasn't been corrected.
No one knows what happened to Claudia Lawrence.  It's possible that she fell into the river and got swept away.  It's possible she assumed a new identity and ran away to join the circus in Outer Mongolia, or eloped with a millionaire member of the  Mafia.  However, quite early on in the investigation into her disappearance it seems the police decided it was a murder investigation.  Was that wrong of them? 

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1184 on: November 25, 2015, 02:10:28 PM »
How do you know what they know (or don't know)?

Do you have inside information?

Personally, I would tend to take the fact that the present enquiry has been granted extra funding as a guide that inside information suggests greater progress (in bringing matters to a successful conclusion) than we could ever guess at.

I would like to think we would all love me to be right on that ....

It isn't rocket science ferryman, no arrests, no claims to progress and a huge downsizing of Operation Grange only means one thing and that is a total and absolute failure.

Je ne regrette rien!!