Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411038 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1215 on: November 25, 2015, 05:58:58 PM »
Viable options which were investigated as was appropriate at the time.  How on earth the initial investigation allowed itself to become bogged down in the 'accidental death, with later hiding of the corpse' thesis is one of the mysteries of Madeleine McCann's case.
There was not one shred of evidence to support pursuing it and only bizarre, convoluted scenarios as to how Madeleine's body was dealt with had to be invented, not one of which was remotely possible to keep the fantasy alive.

No mystery at all Brietta.  Had the parents of the missing kid cooperated fully with the initial enquiry then the investigation would have proceeded and ruled them out hopefully.  But they didn't cooperate and set about a campaign to undermine and discredit the Portuguese police.  The Metodo 3/Correia conspiracy, the refusal to take part in a police reconstruction, the authoring of a book miscalling several police officers all evidence this fact.  The McCanns did everything in their power to thwart the initial investigation because it didn't suit them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:04:44 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1216 on: November 25, 2015, 06:03:40 PM »
I don't understand what you are getting at.  How does one normally conduct a cold case investigation?  Everything without exception is looked at  ... that is the whole point and the only way to identify what has been missed that may be relevant.

Presactly.
That much we are agreed on then. Nothing is ruled out or in until the investigation is completed; which it isn't unless I miss my guess.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #1217 on: November 25, 2015, 06:04:45 PM »
no I've had some wet paint that needs watching

How appropriate. 8)--))

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1218 on: November 25, 2015, 06:08:42 PM »
What embarrassment would be caused and to who?  If the government is instructing the Met to pursue abduction to the exclusion of all else, and not to investigate the parents in case they are embarrassed by the findings then that is a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, and a cover up.

...or the blind leading the blind  @)(++(*
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1219 on: November 25, 2015, 06:10:10 PM »
What utter nonsense.  "Sold a pup"?  Who by?  You think if the McCanns were arrested and charged and subsequently found guilty for doing away with their child that the government would be embarrassed?  Why ever so?  More or less embarrassed than the investigation into the phone hacking scandal, which resulted in David Cameron's media man going to prison?

'Doing away' as you put it is a new one on me Alf, have SY considered that another option?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1220 on: November 25, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »
Have the McCanns even been re-interviewed by the second enquiry?

Or any of their friends?

It would be daft to assume they will not be. But whether they have yet is unknown except to the protagonists, I would suggest.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1221 on: November 25, 2015, 06:13:30 PM »
It would be daft to assume they will not be. But whether they have yet is unknown except to the protagonists, I would suggest.

I can just see the headlines... "Scotland Yard investigate McCanns" followed by Clarrie doing his denial thingy.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:18:20 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1222 on: November 25, 2015, 06:28:02 PM »
'Doing away' as you put it is a new one on me Alf, have SY considered that another option?
You are deflecting.  I think you know what I meant by doing away, but in case you didn't I meant "hiding the body".  Now perhaps you can address the point.  Or perhaps not.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1223 on: November 25, 2015, 06:29:05 PM »
...or the blind leading the blind  @)(++(*
So the Government are blind, and so are the Met - is that your view?  Clueless and stupid, unlike the mighty PJ and the Portuguese government no doubt!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1224 on: November 25, 2015, 06:29:44 PM »
I think anyone who thinks Redwood had any choice but to respond in the negative  to a question  about the McCanns status within the investigation is naive at best. Even a ' no comment' would fuel speculation and may have given grounds for appeal if a conviction was secured against them in the future.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1225 on: November 25, 2015, 06:32:13 PM »
I think anyone who thinks Redwood had any choice but to respond in the negative  to a question  about the McCanns status within the investigation is naive at best. Even a ' no comment' would fuel speculation and may have given grounds for appeal if a conviction was secured against them in the future.
What lunacy is this?  You seem to be suggesting that when the police announce a suspect by name, that this gives the suspect grounds for appeal against a later conviction.  Is that actually what you are suggesting?!

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1226 on: November 25, 2015, 06:34:59 PM »
Anyone who believes that Redwood was put on the spot live on TV by a shrewd journalist and didn't have full control over what was and wasn't reported about the case is naïve at best, and that's putting it politely.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1227 on: November 25, 2015, 06:41:17 PM »
What lunacy is this?  You seem to be suggesting that when the police announce a suspect by name, that this gives the suspect grounds for appeal against a later conviction.  Is that actually what you are suggesting?!

Unless a suspect is being sought, can you name a time when an  individual has been named before they are charged ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1228 on: November 25, 2015, 06:48:25 PM »
Unless a suspect is being sought, can you name a time when an  individual has been named before they are charged ?
Erm....how about the mastermind behind the Paris attacks for one?  I have a million other examples if you want them.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1229 on: November 25, 2015, 06:56:46 PM »
Erm....how about the mastermind behind the Paris attacks for one?  I have a million other examples if you want them.

Wasn't he being sought by the police ?