Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411079 times)

Offline mercury

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1245 on: November 25, 2015, 08:08:56 PM »
Your understanding is tainted for the reason you are on this forum.

To protect the mccanns.

You can say what you wish, but the facts are simple.

Madeleine was extensively searched for weeks, with no result.

No evidence supports abduction, which could not be explained by other possibilities.

Do you think by your repetition of the mccann abduction mantra ad nausea, people will believe you. other than your fellow believers ?

Then dream on.

8((()*/

Im all for honest opinions, never aggressive propaganda....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1246 on: November 25, 2015, 08:13:56 PM »
Your understanding is tainted for the reason you are on this forum.

To protect the mccanns.

You can say what you wish, but the facts are simple.

Madeleine was extensively searched for weeks, with no result.

No evidence supports abduction, which could not be explained by other possibilities.

Do you think by your repetition of the mccann abduction mantra ad nausea, people will believe you. other than your fellow believers ?

Then dream on.

Please do not presume to know why I or any other poster have chosen to post on this forum.  It is none of your business.

However the fact it gives you some annoyance is enough to convince me I'm getting something right.

When did Mr Amaral's thesis take precedence over the search for a living child who it was still possible to find?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1247 on: November 25, 2015, 08:18:53 PM »
Please do not presume to know why I or any other poster have chosen to post on this forum.  It is none of your business.

However the fact it gives you some annoyance is enough to convince me I'm getting something right.

When did Mr Amaral's thesis take precedence over the search for a living child who it was still possible to find?

Maybe the Mccanns should have left it alone....instead of giving it publicity.....just think of all the money they would have to carry on tryng to find their , in your words as if its a fact "living child" instead of in their lawyers and PR employees pockets....stupid comes to mind

stephen25000

« Reply #1248 on: November 25, 2015, 08:20:10 PM »

So you think I'm annoyed, how quaint.

However, I can see the blatant obvious.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1249 on: November 25, 2015, 08:24:46 PM »
Maybe the Mccanns should have left it alone....instead of giving it publicity.....just think of all the money they would have to carry on tryng to find their , in your words as if its a fact "living child" instead of in their lawyers and PR employees pockets....stupid comes to mind

If I understood your post I would respond ... and since there is no mention of 'searching' it may very well be OT anyway.

Don't you ever get fed up with your McCann bashing? ... it certainly bores me.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1250 on: November 25, 2015, 08:30:56 PM »
If I understood your post I would respond ... and since there is no mention of 'searching' it may very well be OT anyway.

Don't you ever get fed up with your McCann bashing? ... it certainly bores me.

My post was a response to your THIRD paragraph....why you struggled to understand I have no idea

Mccann bashing? Youre having a laugh...I have given them plenty of leeway and acknowledge arguments for and against, quite disingenuous of you...perhaps I shouldnt be so kind and considerate in future!!
But I will not be dictated or emotionally blackmailed to by you or anyone else....its actually a human right, didnt you know?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1251 on: November 25, 2015, 10:15:14 PM »
Wasn't Cliff Richard named by the press not the police ?

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/media-law/media-identification-of-suspects.htm
the police informed the media of the raid on his house in advance, if I recall correctly. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1252 on: November 25, 2015, 10:57:35 PM »
the police informed the media of the raid on his house in advance, if I recall correctly.

For which they were reprimanded.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:09:47 PM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1253 on: November 25, 2015, 11:08:38 PM »
My post was a response to your THIRD paragraph....why you struggled to understand I have no idea

Mccann bashing? Youre having a laugh...I have given them plenty of leeway and acknowledge arguments for and against, quite disingenuous of you...perhaps I shouldnt be so kind and considerate in future!!
But I will not be dictated or emotionally blackmailed to by you or anyone else....its actually a human right, didnt you know?

Oh ... is that what it was.
Little wonder I failed to make head nor tail of it then.

Nothing at all about whether the effect Mr Amaral's undeviating attention to his supposed death thesis for Madeleine McCann might have had the result of impinging on the search for her ... which was the question I posed in my post.

Your tiresome tirade about publicity ... money ... lawyers ... PR people ... says McCann bashing to me. 

It would be appropriate to remind you that others also enjoy the human rights to which you lay claim ... or do you think that is everyone but the Drs McCann and Madeleine who may very well have been denied the human right of being searched for as a living child because of the conviction of her death without a shred of evidence to support it.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1254 on: November 25, 2015, 11:11:45 PM »
Perhaps other European countries have different rules on the naming of suspects ?
You claimed that Redwood would not even have been allowed to answer "no comment" to the question of the McCanns' status without it jeopardizing some future (mythical) conviction.  What has that got to do with rules for naiming suspects in other european countries?

Did you actually hear any interviewer pose the question of the McCanns' status anyway?  If so what was the actual question?  How was it phrased and who asked it? 

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1255 on: November 25, 2015, 11:13:43 PM »
Oh ... is that what it was.
Little wonder I failed to make head nor tail of it then.

Nothing at all about whether the effect Mr Amaral's undeviating attention to his supposed death thesis for Madeleine McCann might have had the result of impinging on the search for her ... which was the question I posed in my post.

Your tiresome tirade about publicity ... money ... lawyers ... PR people ... says McCann bashing to me. 

It would be appropriate to remind you that others also enjoy the human rights to which you lay claim ... or do you think that is everyone but the Drs McCann and Madeleine who may very well have been denied the human right of being searched for as a living child because of the conviction of her death without a shred of evidence to support it.

And there as me thinking that the recent court case had decided GA's book and hence the theories contained within had not impacted on the search.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1256 on: November 25, 2015, 11:14:43 PM »
You claimed that Redwood would not even have been allowed to answer "no comment" to the question of the McCanns' status without it jeopardizing some future (mythical) conviction.  What has that got to do with rules for naiming suspects in other european countries?

Did you actually hear any interviewer pose the question of the McCanns' status anyway?  If so what was the actual question?  How was it phrased and who asked it?

You haven't commented on my link about the naming of suspects before they are arrested or charged.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1257 on: November 25, 2015, 11:16:57 PM »
You haven't commented on my link about the naming of suspects before they are arrested or charged.
because I didn't read it, but perhaps someone in Portugal should have read it before they made the McCanns and Murat their chief suspects, eh? 8(0(*

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1258 on: November 25, 2015, 11:17:44 PM »
and you have avoided answering my questions.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1259 on: November 25, 2015, 11:22:12 PM »
having now skimmed the article in your link it seems to be advice for media outlets to avoid being sued for libel, not about the risk to future convictions secured by the judiciary by the police naming of a suspect prior to arrest, as you have stated.