Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411452 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1305 on: November 26, 2015, 07:22:11 PM »
            Thank you for that gem ... Moderator???  Nothing at all to say to those breaking forum rules.

As long as they are not replacing words, altering word order or changing meaning, removing or scoring through paragraphs that are not being responded to is fine. Same goes for all posters.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 08:19:46 AM by Slartibartfast »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1306 on: November 26, 2015, 07:40:27 PM »
So you didn't understand from Brietta's post who had actually pre-empted any official court hearing to declare Madeleine dead?

Of course I understood !.

But simply put that person had no authority to declare Madeleine McCann dead , even if he did make such declaration, and the opinion carried no weight at law.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1307 on: November 26, 2015, 07:51:00 PM »
As long as they are replacing words, altering word order or changing meaning, removing or scoring through paragraphs that are not being responded to is fine. Same goes for all posters.

Hmmm ... that makes sense ... not.

So what happens if I replace a posters words?
What happens if I alter word order?  Change the meaning?  Remove a paragraph?  Or score through a paragraph or as has been done as regards myself ... every paragraph?

Is that really fine?

Are you quite sure you've got that entirely correct ... or am I misreading your post?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #1308 on: November 26, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »

But simply put that person had no authority to declare Madeleine McCann dead , even if he did make such declaration, and the opinion carried no weight at law.

He DID make that declaration. He told the world. It formulated the path of the investigation so it must have carried some weight at law. He later put that declaration in print. Isn't that what all this is about?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1309 on: November 26, 2015, 08:07:44 PM »
A trend has been introduced whereby my posts have been treated with discourtesy by other posters who have adopted the technique employed by you.

I asked Mercury to desist only yesterday.

Am I to believe that these are random incidents ... or am I to believe that these are examples of bullying and trolling which if not organised are being copied.

In future I will probably ask Admin to be the judge rather than appeal to better natures which your post above show may very well be lacking.

You are becoming slightly paranoid IMO imagining organised so called bullying and trolling (whilst hypocritically ignoring your own less than preferred model behaviour)

But it does suit elements of your whole raison d'etre here I guess, so understandable.

Now,

Once you desist from not respecting other posters, desist from your patronising and pontificating  derogatory and accusatory remarks, and frankly some outrageous statements, I might, just, start to consider your request.Not a promise though.

I also suggest you read up on Jung and projection! You might learn something, whch is always a good thing.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1310 on: November 26, 2015, 08:09:54 PM »

The opinion may carry no weight at law but it carries a great deal of weight amongst some posters on this forum and many others.

It also carries a great deal of weight amongst those who have pulled every trick in their book to impede the Drs McCann in their search for Madeleine with the ultimate aim of having the present search the genesis of which they strove against with every fibre of their being ... curtailed.

Really weird behaviour for people attesting all they want is "Justice for Madeleine!"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:35:54 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1311 on: November 26, 2015, 08:20:51 PM »
The opinion may carry no weight at law but it carries a great deal of weight amongst some posters on this forum and many others.

It also carries a great deal of weight amongst those who have pulled every trick in their book to impede the Drs McCann in their search for Madeleine with the ultimate aim of having the present search which they strove curtailed.

Really weird behaviour for people attesting all they want is "Justice for Madeleine!"

People form opinions for a variety of reasons, usually never just ONE, ie "Amaral and his team thought  x y z so I just believed it"

Insulting at best, laughable on many levels as well.

%56&

stephen25000

« Reply #1312 on: November 26, 2015, 08:23:27 PM »
People form opinions for a variety of reasons, usually never just ONE, ie "Amaral and his team thought  x y z so I just believed it"

Insulting at best, laughable on many levels as well.

%56&

Evidently brietta believes Amaral brainwashed people.

She, like the mccanns and their followers seems unable to grasp that many people made up their own minds about the mccanns, and more are coming to that realization that their story doesn't hold up to close examination.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1313 on: November 26, 2015, 08:29:01 PM »

She, like the mccanns and their followers seems unable to grasp that many people made up their own minds about the mccanns, and more are coming to that realization that their story doesn't hold up to close examination.

They need scapegoats desperately, the more the merrier, and that is what they have been doing for years

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1314 on: November 26, 2015, 08:31:17 PM »
You are becoming slightly paranoid IMO imagining organised so called bullying and trolling (whilst hypocritically ignoring your own less than preferred model behaviour)

But it does suit elements of your whole raison d'etre here I guess, so understandable.

Now,

Once you desist from not respecting other posters, desist from your patronising and pontificating  derogatory and accusatory remarks, and frankly some outrageous statements, I might, just, start to consider your request.Not a promise though.

I also suggest you read up on Jung and projection! You might learn something, whch is always a good thing.

Isn't it amazing how apt some of these couthy sayings are ... one for every occasion

So now that you've got that off your chest perhaps we can get back on topic ... which if I remember correctly wasn't me and my perceived shortcomings but the actual shortcomings in the search for Madeleine McCann.  It is my opinion that deciding very early into the search for her that Madeleine was dead and her parents involved in hiding her body ... interfered somewhat in the search for a living child.  I'm sure you will disagree with that synopsis.

So what is your opinion?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1315 on: November 26, 2015, 08:39:34 PM »

Isn't it amazing how apt some of these couthy sayings are ... one for every occasion

So now that you've got that off your chest
perhaps we can get back on topic ... which if I remember correctly wasn't me and my perceived shortcomings but the actual shortcomings in the search for Madeleine McCann.  It is my opinion that deciding very early into the search for her that Madeleine was dead and her parents involved in hiding her body ... interfered somewhat in the search for a living child.  I'm sure you will disagree with that synopsis.

So what is your opinion?

1) You recall incorrectly, the thread is about the Mccanns very limited search, rightly or wrongly
2) You are also wrong IMO in promoting the myth that the police did not search or they ignored leads or didnt follow up on thusands of sightngs, just skim reading the files proves this
3) No one stated very early on in the case that Madeleine had died in the flat and the parents were involved, ths happened months later, what happened was what normally happens in these cases, the parents are suspected when a child is not found and there is no evidence of an intruder

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1316 on: November 26, 2015, 08:40:42 PM »

That is attacking the poster ... not the post ... therefore qualifies imho as an ad hominem.  As you won't have had the opportunity to read my post it won't be reported on this occasion for admin to decide.

But I have had enough of this nonsense.

stephen25000

« Reply #1317 on: November 26, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »

So now that you've got that off your chest perhaps we can get back on topic ... which if I remember correctly wasn't me and my perceived shortcomings but the actual shortcomings in the search for Madeleine McCann.  It is my opinion that deciding very early into the search for her that Madeleine was dead and her parents involved in hiding her body ... interfered somewhat in the search for a living child.  I'm sure you will disagree with that synopsis.

So what is your opinion?

Fascinating.

You fail to grasp or admit that many people searched for Madeleine extensively and for many weeks after her disappearance, that doesn't even count the publicity this case has gained worldwide.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1318 on: November 26, 2015, 08:50:05 PM »
That is attacking the poster ... not the post ... therefore qualifies imho as an ad hominem.  As you won't have had the opportunity to read my post it won't be reported on this occasion for admin to decide.

But I have had enough of this nonsense.

Make no mistake  - You are in no position whatsoever to complain about people attacking a poster and not the post when you do it all the bleedin time......yes, I agree with yur sentiment....had enough of this nonsense!

@)(++(*

Cant stand the heat? Stay out of the kitchen! And stop dishng it out if you dont want it back, its as easy as abc
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:52:06 PM by mercury »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1319 on: November 26, 2015, 08:54:58 PM »
Fascinating.

You fail to grasp or admit that many people searched for Madeleine extensively and for many weeks after her disappearance, that doesn't even count the publicity this case has gained worldwide.

Don't be ridiculous.  I know you are familiar with my posting history and I give credit where it is due, particularly with regard to volunteer searchers so please do not make inaccurate statements.

I thought the worldwide publicity Madeleine's case has achieved was one of your major beefs against the Drs McCann, it certainly seemed to be the case as far as Mr Amaral was concerned.

So there was me misrepresenting you ... just as you misrepresent me ... you are actually delighted with the publicity Madeleine's parents generated on her behalf after all.

I will bear that in mind for future reference.