Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411119 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1335 on: November 26, 2015, 10:58:06 PM »
What is this law you keep going on about, specifically?

Redwood had the choice to  make no comment or to be non commital.  Instead he made an unequivocal statement which you are still struggling to come to terms with.

I think Redwood would have preferred not to answer the question at all but unfortunately that option was not open to him.

I posted the police procedure  with regard to naming suspects last night.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1336 on: November 27, 2015, 12:37:48 AM »
I think Redwood would have preferred not to answer the question at all but unfortunately that option was not open to him.

I posted the police procedure  with regard to naming suspects last night.
Your first point conveniently ignores the fact that Redwood would have had complete contol and veto over any questions put to him during the pre-recorded interview.
Your second point does not answer my question regarding which law it is that supposedly makes it illegal for police to name suspects?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1337 on: November 27, 2015, 01:58:05 AM »
The sofa positioned in the living area in front of the window wall was the only piece of furniture in that room a child could hide behind. It is ludicrous to think that not a single civilian or police officer looked behind it & also behind the closed curtains.
It would have been ludicrous to suggest that police in Bllingham 1989 failed to search the premises completely.
But they didn't.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 02:02:56 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #1338 on: November 27, 2015, 02:18:05 AM »
It would have been ludicrous to suggest that police in Bllingham 1989 failed to search the premises completely.
But they didn't.

The police have long since wised up to secreting bodies behind bath panels. We can but wonder why no-one smelt the decaying remains of Julie.
However, I think Eddie confirmed a corpse had never been in the bathroom at 5a.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1339 on: November 27, 2015, 02:30:28 AM »
The police have long since wised up to secreting bodies behind bath panels. We can but wonder why no-one smelt the decaying remains of Julie.
They have certainly not wised up to the importance of a complete inside search - there have been lots of similar cases since 1989.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 02:42:28 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #1340 on: November 27, 2015, 02:47:35 AM »
They have certainly not wised up to the importance of a complete inside search - there  have been lots of similar cases since 1989.

I'm more concerned about the apartments & houses the GNR/PJ didn't actually search at all & relied on the occupants' words that they hadn't seen Madeleine.
As in the case of Claudia Lawrence, the police have said that they know people lied to them in the weeks after she went missing & people are still lying. There is more than one person who knows what happened to Claudia, just as with Madeleine but it will be very difficult for the police to have a solid case without finding the victim.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1341 on: November 27, 2015, 06:11:16 AM »

Interesting. So you do value the dog indications rather than call Grime a fraud and all alerts as meaningless. Makes a refreshing change to ignoring relevant evidence/burying ones head in proverbial sand.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1342 on: November 27, 2015, 07:29:59 AM »
Interesting. So you do value the dog indications rather than call Grime a fraud and all alerts as meaningless. Makes a refreshing change to ignoring relevant evidence/burying ones head in proverbial sand.

I certainly value the dogs and haver never called Grime a fraud...but I understand them a lot more than most. Unconfirmed alerts are meaningless...Grime never said the dogs probably alerted to cadaver odour as you recently claimed

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1343 on: November 27, 2015, 08:20:18 AM »
Hmmm ... that makes sense ... not.

So what happens if I replace a posters words?
What happens if I alter word order?  Change the meaning?  Remove a paragraph?  Or score through a paragraph or as has been done as regards myself ... every paragraph?

Is that really fine?

Are you quite sure you've got that entirely correct ... or am I misreading your post?

Missed a not, modified now.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1344 on: November 27, 2015, 08:36:12 AM »
There is a coterie who apparently live and breath "doing the Drs McCann down", I'm sure you will agree.  Apparently they are mainly British based and they may be part of an international conspiracy which by no stretch of the imagination could ever be described as "vast".

Mr Amaral made an excellent and lucrative media career which has apparently convinced Portugal that Madeleine is dead and the Drs McCann complicit.
He may have left people scratching their heads somewhat with ... perhaps his Ace?? ... the coffin invasion of the old lady who was later cremated.

Who in Portugal is going to give a second thought to suspicions about a friend a neighbour or a relation ... when the culpability of those who 'dunnit' has been so well promoted and known for over eight years.

I agree Brietta.  Especially as Amaral had a head start with his book when it came to public opinion-  due to the disgraceful smear campaign which had already  been conducted via Portuguese media against the McCanns  -  starting with 'They were swingers' - and which no doubt influenced the opinions of many Portuguese people - in the same way as a smear campaign influenced public opinion against Leonor Cipriano.

A major part of 'searching' is to keep the missing childs profile high in the public's mind.   I wonder how many Portuguese people didn't give her child or Madeleine another thought once they had been convinced that they were dead.

However  -  I cannot believe that even his most avid Portuguese supporters were not rendered speechless on hearing his... 'body in a coffin' .....'theory' - which he actually put forward as a serious proposition.   I know I was.  Jaw-dropping stuff indeed.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1345 on: November 27, 2015, 08:54:03 AM »

Freudian slip perhaps.  But never mind ... 'Tomorrow is another day' and that was yesterday so today is tomorrow and time to cut the silliness of what really doesn't matter a jot.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Benice

« Reply #1346 on: November 27, 2015, 08:55:54 AM »

In all the forums I have used the rules are that when replying to a post - you quote the whole post- and then if you only want to reply to a part of it - you highlight (bold) that part.   

Clear and simple and doesn't offend anyone - whereas striking out can be construed as rude, and only quoting part of a post and leaving out parts of it  -  can result in a different impression being given from the one intended in the post as a whole.   

As it's just as quick - in fact probably quicker to 'highlight and bold' the part you want to reply to rather than 'highlight and delete' parts of a post or 'strike out 'parts of a post that you don't want to reply to - I don't see why there should be a problem.   It works fine everywhere else and doesn't offend anyone.

Could we have some clear instruction on this please?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1347 on: November 27, 2015, 09:14:02 AM »

I have never called Martin Grime "a fraud" for the simple reason I do not think he is one.

He is an accredited professional dog handler whose team was called in to search for a missing child and whose work was seriously misrepresented.

MSM was full of it at the time all based on leaked information which was subsequently discovered to be untrue with the release of the actual FSS results.
However the damage was done as can be seen from countless internet 'discussions' ~ comments accompanying donations on Mr Amaral's GFM page ~ the countless 'dog' threads on our forum etc etc

It is beyond reason to assume all of that did not have some adverse effect on the search for Madeleine, particularly in Portugal where it mattered most.

**Snip
Traces of blood found in Gerry and Kate McCanns' hire car and holiday flat DID belong to Madeleine, it has been claimed.

It reflects detectives' belief that she is dead and her parents disposed of her body.

Tests carried out at a UK laboratory confirmed beyond doubt that the blood was that of the toddler, a Portuguese newspaper reported.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-506725/Blood-McCanns-hire-car-DID-come-Madeleine.html#ixzz3sgHGLtBj

**Snip
11 September: Portuguese police play down reports that DNA evidence with a 100% match to Madeleine was found in her parents' hire car.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #1348 on: November 27, 2015, 09:18:36 AM »
I have never called Martin Grime "a fraud" for the simple reason I do not think he is one.

He is an accredited professional dog handler whose team was called in to search for a missing child and whose work was seriously misrepresented.

MSM was full of it at the time all based on leaked information which was subsequently discovered to be untrue with the release of the actual FSS results.
However the damage was done as can be seen from countless internet 'discussions' ~ comments accompanying donations on Mr Amaral's GFM page ~ the countless 'dog' threads on our forum etc etc

It is beyond reason to assume all of that did not have some adverse effect on the search for Madeleine, particularly in Portugal where it mattered most.

**Snip
Traces of blood found in Gerry and Kate McCanns' hire car and holiday flat DID belong to Madeleine, it has been claimed.

It reflects detectives' belief that she is dead and her parents disposed of her body.

Tests carried out at a UK laboratory confirmed beyond doubt that the blood was that of the toddler, a Portuguese newspaper reported.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-506725/Blood-McCanns-hire-car-DID-come-Madeleine.html#ixzz3sgHGLtBj

**Snip
11 September: Portuguese police play down reports that DNA evidence with a 100% match to Madeleine was found in her parents' hire car.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785

When has the accidental death scenario been disproved ?

What was the 'adverse' effect on the search ?

Even now, you either won't accept or fail to realize that people made up their own minds about what happened, irrespective of Amaral.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1349 on: November 27, 2015, 09:50:06 AM »
When has the accidental death scenario been disproved ?

What was the 'adverse' effect on the search ?

Even now, you either won't accept or fail to realize that people made up their own minds about what happened, irrespective of Amaral.

How does one make up one's own mind in a vacuum?  One can only consider by using information received.  Unfortunately in the initial stages and until the release of the files ... much of that information being fed into the public domain was just plain wrong.

There is no way it could have failed to impinge on attitudes towards the search for Madeleine in the early days of her disappearance when a search for was undoubtedly the most productive time for everyone to be on the alert for any clue or suspicion.

Kate and Gerry McCann: What did you do last summer?
Apart from wash the curtains... wash Cuddlecat... move the sofa... put dirty nappies and rotting meat in the boot of the hire car... wash the car and leave the boot lid open... etc ... etc ... etc