Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411119 times)

Offline jassi

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1395 on: November 27, 2015, 04:24:34 PM »
It is great shame we do not know what the questions were. They appear to have been edited out.

It was the demons wot dun it
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1396 on: November 27, 2015, 04:49:16 PM »
It is great shame we do not know what the questions were. They appear to have been edited out.
Perhaps you can find a version where the questions haven't been edited out.  If it was live on every channel as Faithlilly has stated then there must be various versions available!

Offline Benice

« Reply #1397 on: November 27, 2015, 05:57:59 PM »
There is no requirement for any poster to quote everything another poster posts, especially if there are bits that are of no interest as far as the response is concerned.

I was under the impression that the big 'No No' in Netiquette was to make changes to another person's post.  If deleting 90% of it and presenting the remaining 10% as if it were their whole post isn't making changes to someone else's post - then I don't know what is.

However I shall of course abide by the new rules, although I still think  -  'If it's not broken - why fix it?''.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1398 on: November 27, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »
Perhaps you can find a version where the questions haven't been edited out.  If it was live on every channel as Faithlilly has stated then there must be various versions available!

You posted the link making assertions what the answers meant without knowing what the questions were.
What Faithlilly says or does is not relevant to that.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1399 on: November 27, 2015, 06:58:56 PM »
You posted the link making assertions what the answers meant without knowing what the questions were.
What Faithlilly says or does is not relevant to that.
The answers mean what the answers mean, unless you're going to argue that when Redwood said "neither the McCanns nor their friends are suspects, or persons of interest" and that they were investigating other individuals that he meant something else entirely.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1400 on: November 27, 2015, 07:16:03 PM »
There's absolutely no doubt that a post will come along that chops bits out and in so doing misrepresents the original post.  As sure as night follows day.  The forum has a report to mod button.

Personally, I trim long posts to the part I am replying to, but I happen to use ... to indicate I have trimmed bits.  And of course, if the person whose post I have trimmed feels this misrepresents the context, they can re-quote their post, and box my ears soundly.  Or they could use the 'report to mod' button.

Do we need a convention on quoting posts?  Isn't the 'report to mod' button enough?

So what actual searching was there?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 07:33:34 PM by Admin »
What's up, old man?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1401 on: November 27, 2015, 07:19:35 PM »

The whole press conference was on youtube, the link now has a black screen and the words "This video does not exist"

I saw the conference live at the time and also the youtube upload. Someone, for some reason, thought it best taken down.

Some shortened (and with questions edited out) versions still remain on there. Luckily, the full transcripts were made for mccannfiles: they start about a third of the way down on this page here, entitled ch insp Andy Redwood press conference 4 July 2013:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id442.html

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 07:23:37 PM by mercury »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1402 on: November 27, 2015, 07:56:21 PM »
The answers mean what the answers mean, unless you're going to argue that when Redwood said "neither the McCanns nor their friends are suspects, or persons of interest" and that they were investigating other individuals that he meant something else entirely.

Humpty Dumpty would be proud of that.
He also said that the 38 persons of interest were not suspects. The press disagreed!

"Journalist: Some people... some people suggested, quite cruelly at the time, that the McCann parents might be in some way involved with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. What can you say about the involvement of Madeleine McCann's parents in anything to do with her disappearance?

Det Ch Insp Andy Redwood: Neither her parents or any of the member of the group that were with her are either persons of interest or suspects.

Journalist: Because, obviously, there was some rumours at the time, but you are quite categorical in that?

Det Ch Insp Andy Redwood: They are not persons of interest or suspects, they are parents who have lost their daughter and we are doing all that we can to bring resolution for them to find out what has happened to Madeleine".

There we go ! the full SP as at 4th July 2013.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1403 on: November 27, 2015, 08:15:40 PM »
Humpty Dumpty would be proud of that.
He also said that the 38 persons of interest were not suspects. The press disagreed!

"Journalist: Some people... some people suggested, quite cruelly at the time, that the McCann parents might be in some way involved with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. What can you say about the involvement of Madeleine McCann's parents in anything to do with her disappearance?

Det Ch Insp Andy Redwood: Neither her parents or any of the member of the group that were with her are either persons of interest or suspects.

Journalist: Because, obviously, there was some rumours at the time, but you are quite categorical in that?

Det Ch Insp Andy Redwood: They are not persons of interest or suspects, they are parents who have lost their daughter and we are doing all that we can to bring resolution for them to find out what has happened to Madeleine".

There we go ! the full SP as at 4th July 2013.
now that we know the journalist's questions perhaps you can tell us how they alter the meaning of the answers given.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1404 on: November 27, 2015, 09:33:02 PM »
now that we know the journalist's questions perhaps you can tell us how they alter the meaning of the answers given.

Did I say they did?
I posted:
"It is great shame we do not know what the questions were. They appear to have been edited out".
"You posted the link making assertions what the answers meant without knowing what the questions were".
Both statements stand regardless.
Maybe not in your Humpty Dumpty Demon Land though  &%+((£

Offline mercury

« Reply #1405 on: November 27, 2015, 09:40:43 PM »
How does one make up one's own mind in a vacuum?  One can only consider by using information received.  Unfortunately in the initial stages and until the release of the files ... much of that information being fed into the public domain was just plain wrong.

There is no way it could have failed to impinge on attitudes towards the search for Madeleine in the early days of her disappearance when a search for was undoubtedly the most productive time for everyone to be on the alert for any clue or suspicion.

Kate and Gerry McCann: What did you do last summer?
Apart from wash the curtains... wash Cuddlecat... move the sofa... put dirty nappies and rotting meat in the boot of the hire car... wash the car and leave the boot lid open... etc ... etc ... etc

Cuddlect WAS washed...a most bizarre decision, but moving on, why have you included
a picture from a satire site  so obviously created post August 2007 when talking about the "early days"? And why suggest no one was coming forward, being held back from doing so due to the contents of websites and the "portuguese press" which is utterly untrue for 2007 and all later years....you conveniently forgot to add what the British media were saying too....and as for people making up their mind in a vaccuum...people take what is available in the public domain and gradually get informed....your tryng to suggest people were brainwashed is insulting to people's intelligence and their right to their honest opinions...tryng to pin it all on the portuguese and especially as the mccanns have done on one man is shameful....

Myths will get debunked, if some still believe the mccanns washed their curtains, went to chaplins or bleached their apartment, tis for them to grapple with, not for you to use the misconceptions  in a blanket denigragion of all who have legitimate questions or "just dont believe" the mccanns....their own behaviours over the years have raised eyebrows in so many circles, so dont kid yourself

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1406 on: November 27, 2015, 09:59:10 PM »
Did I say they did?
I posted:
"It is great shame we do not know what the questions were. They appear to have been edited out".
"You posted the link making assertions what the answers meant without knowing what the questions were".
Both statements stand regardless.
Maybe not in your Humpty Dumpty Demon Land though  &%+((£
So my assertions about what the answers meant stand then.  Thanks for clarifying.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1407 on: November 27, 2015, 10:14:35 PM »
So my assertions about what the answers meant stand then.  Thanks for clarifying.

You have no proof that Redwood stated the Mccanns were not persons  of interest vis a vis SYs then current line of inquiry

He has never stated they have been ruled out whch is the crux and your "demon"

@)(++(*

Offline mercury

« Reply #1408 on: November 27, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
I have never called Martin Grime "a fraud" for the simple reason I do not think he is one.

He is an accredited professional dog handler whose team was called in to search for a missing child and whose work was seriously misrepresented.

MSM was full of it at the time all based on leaked information which was subsequently discovered to be untrue with the release of the actual FSS results.
However the damage was done as can be seen from countless internet 'discussions' ~ comments accompanying donations on Mr Amaral's GFM page ~ the countless 'dog' threads on our forum etc etc

It is beyond reason to assume all of that did not have some adverse effect on the search for Madeleine, particularly in Portugal where it mattered most.

**Snip
Traces of blood found in Gerry and Kate McCanns' hire car and holiday flat DID belong to Madeleine, it has been claimed.

It reflects detectives' belief that she is dead and her parents disposed of her body.

Tests carried out at a UK laboratory confirmed beyond doubt that the blood was that of the toddler, a Portuguese newspaper reported.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-506725/Blood-McCanns-hire-car-DID-come-Madeleine.html#ixzz3sgHGLtBj

**Snip
11 September: Portuguese police play down reports that DNA evidence with a 100% match to Madeleine was found in her parents' hire car.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785

No different to headlines in uk papers printing crap like "Madelene found in Ireland" then??

Im glad you respect Mr Grime, so youre not in the same ballpark as Ferryman, Eleanor, Carana and others who more or less called him a fraud, a liar and a money maker, and that he made someone alter his cv etc etc good job

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 10:36:16 PM by mercury »

ferryman

« Reply #1409 on: November 27, 2015, 10:39:10 PM »
No different to headlines in uk papers printing crap like "Madelene found in Ireland" then??

Im glad you respect Mr Grime, so youre not in the same ballpark as Ferryman, Eleanor, Carana and others who more or less called him a fraud, a liar and a money maker, and that he made someone alter his cv etc etc good job

It is certainly true that Carana has more respect for Martin Grime than me (and I have the highest respect for Carana despite disagreeing with her about Martin Grime).