Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411040 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1470 on: December 03, 2015, 07:10:10 PM »
why didn't the receptionist mention it then?
The receptionist claimed he called the GNR immediately on hearing the news that a child as missing - sometime between 9.30 and 10pm. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1471 on: December 03, 2015, 07:18:19 PM »
The receptionist claimed he called the GNR immediately on hearing the news that a child as missing - sometime between 9.30 and 10pm.

I know, although there is no record of the call and he didn't hear it from any of the holiday group. The first call was at 2241.

he was on duty and was contacted by a member of staff from the Tapas Restaurant between 09.30 and 22.00 who informed him that the daughter of some guests who were dining there had disappeared.

That he immediately contacted the GNR in Lagos,
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HELDER_LUIS.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Anna

« Reply #1472 on: December 03, 2015, 07:27:04 PM »
I know, although there is no record of the call and he didn't hear it from any of the holiday group. The first call was at 2241.

he was on duty and was contacted by a member of staff from the Tapas Restaurant between 09.30 and 22.00 who informed him that the daughter of some guests who were dining there had disappeared.

He didn't mention the theft which delayed the police either. I think the poor chap was busy and confused.

A lot of the statements were confusing.

Vitor Manuel dos Santos With regard to the date of the disappearance on 3rd May 2007, he remembers that at 22.00-22.25 (time wrong?)he received a phone call from the reception, from receptionist Helder, who told him that John Hill was extremely agitated as a child had disappeared and that the GNR had been contacted but had not arrived yet. He added (the receptionist) that he had phoned the GNR post several times and that he had been told that they would arrive when they could but that they were investigating a theft in Odiaxere. The receptionist asked the witness whether he should contact the PSP, to which the witness replied no as this area belongs to the GNR.
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic9-10.html

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1473 on: December 03, 2015, 07:52:41 PM »

So, not a very reliable witness then.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1474 on: December 03, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »
I think we are slipping off topic......And partly my fault, sorry.
― Plato

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1475 on: December 03, 2015, 08:03:39 PM »
He didn't mention the theft which delayed the police either. I think the poor chap was busy and confused.

A lot of the statements were confusing.

Vitor Manuel dos Santos With regard to the date of the disappearance on 3rd May 2007, he remembers that at 22.00-22.25 (time wrong?)he received a phone call from the reception, from receptionist Helder, who told him that John Hill was extremely agitated as a child had disappeared and that the GNR had been contacted but had not arrived yet. He added (the receptionist) that he had phoned the GNR post several times and that he had been told that they would arrive when they could but that they were investigating a theft in Odiaxere. The receptionist asked the witness whether he should contact the PSP, to which the witness replied no as this area belongs to the GNR.
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic9-10.html

There were no calls from the Ocean Club to the GNR until 2241. There is no record also of a call to Santos. Unless Helder used another telephone, none of it happened.

Edited by Anna, to correct the Topic title, which had been accidentally altered
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:30:49 PM by Anna »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1476 on: December 03, 2015, 08:10:35 PM »
There were no calls from the Ocean Club to the GNR until 2241. There is no record also of a call to Santos. Unless Helder used another telephone, none of it happened.

Are you saying that Helder didn't phone Santos and Santos lied about the phone call from helder telling him there had been a delay because of a theft?

I think it more likely that they got their times confused. I don't know about the theft delaying the police though.

Anyway we are Off Topic.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:29:00 PM by Anna »
― Plato

Offline mercury

« Reply #1477 on: December 03, 2015, 10:47:55 PM »
Yes 40 minutes before 1st call to police.
For the thread title the relevance is -
there was absolutely no police search of the inside of the apartment for the first 65 minutes.

Interesting

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1478 on: December 03, 2015, 11:48:48 PM »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1479 on: December 04, 2015, 12:20:20 AM »
Why?

You answer my questions first, thats how it works......

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1480 on: December 04, 2015, 07:39:35 AM »

Are you saying that Helder didn't phone Santos and Santos lied about the phone call from helder telling him there had been a delay because of a theft?

I think it more likely that they got their times confused. I don't know about the theft delaying the police though.

Anyway we are Off Topic.

There was no phone call to Santos from the Ocean Club reception between 2200 and 2215, which is what Santos said. In fact there were no outgoing calls between 2121 and 2241 when the first call to the GNR was made. There were 4 outgoing calls after the calls to the GNR but none of them was to Santos either. So reception didn't call him that evening on the main line, and John Hill wasn't at the site between  2200-2215, and the GNR weren't at reception at 2230. His evidence is nonsense.

he remembers that at 22.00/22.15 he received a phone call from the reception, from receptionist Helder, who told him that John Hill was extremely agitated as a child had disappeared and that the GNR had been contacted but had not arrived yet. He added (the receptionist) that he had phoned the GNR post several times and that he had been told that they would arrive when they could but that they were investigating a theft in Odiaxere. The receptionist asked the witness whether he should contact the PSP, to which the witness replied no as this area belongs to the GNR. Given the circumstances, the witness thought it best to go to the resort to find out more about the situation.
When he arrived at the scene about 10 to 15 minutes later, he immediately went to the reception where the GNR were present, taking a statement from the girl's father.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR-SANTOS.htm

Result = happy posting.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1481 on: December 04, 2015, 12:16:02 PM »
We all know about the phone records G.

You started this line of conversation with. ….. Why didn’t the receptionist mention it then? (That Matt had asked him to call), or regarding the same.

We now know that it was not the only detail that the receptionist omitted from his statement, which, is of course dependant on whether Vitor gave a true account of the phone conversation with Helder (Police delayed due to a theft and several call made to the police). 
And the times were all wrong in both his and Vitor’s statement, so neither are IMO, worth relying on for exact details of what happened, or times.

There are no records of the phone calls, so maybe they were using, either mobile phones or another line….I don’t know.

Now that we have clarified this, can we please get back on topic?
― Plato

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1482 on: December 04, 2015, 01:57:49 PM »
We all know about the phone records G.

You started this line of conversation with. ….. Why didn’t the receptionist mention it then? (That Matt had asked him to call), or regarding the same.

We now know that it was not the only detail that the receptionist omitted from his statement, which, is of course dependant on whether Vitor gave a true account of the phone conversation with Helder (Police delayed due to a theft and several call made to the police). 
And the times were all wrong in both his and Vitor’s statement, so neither are IMO, worth relying on for exact details of what happened, or times.

There are no records of the phone calls, so maybe they were using, either mobile phones or another line….I don’t know.

Now that we have clarified this, can we please get back on topic?
I don't think is clarified and I think it is important.  I believe it gives a better check on when the GNR arrived and how long they spent with Gerry at reception.

So, if this is off-topic, can someone kindly bump one of the (presumably many) phone threads, so this part can be developed?
What's up, old man?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1483 on: December 04, 2015, 10:25:27 PM »
IMO the calls to police are directly related to the "search" ...so NOT off topic at all...it isnt a rule set in stone. But anyhow.......the rule is keep withn topic "where possible" ...this is totally within topic so I would carry on

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1484 on: December 06, 2015, 12:25:55 AM »
... they were investigating a theft in Odiaxere ...
Yes, IMO the GNR were responding to the call from a security company at 22:29. It's in the files.

If the T9 had used one of their mobiles to phone 112 before 22.29 they would have got an english speaking operator and the GNR would have gone to PDL first, not Odiaxere. The whole police search would have started earlier and this could have made a crucial difference.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:33:33 AM by pegasus »