Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411885 times)

Offline misty

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1590 on: January 03, 2016, 10:39:25 PM »
Youd need to be insane or at least a sociopath though or a wannabee marvel comic character if that were the case....got suggestions?

There were many properties around 5a, most of which were not even searched by the PJ who relied on the goodwill of the occupants (holiday-makers or owner-occupiers) for assurances that Madeleine was not on the premises. The same applied to vehicles.
IMO it is quite probable that the person who may have taken Madeleine resided/ stayed very close to 5a during that week and their premises were not searched within the first 48 hrs, if at all.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1591 on: January 03, 2016, 10:49:43 PM »
There were many properties around 5a, most of which were not even searched by the PJ who relied on the goodwill of the occupants (holiday-makers or owner-occupiers) for assurances that Madeleine was not on the premises. The same applied to vehicles.
IMO it is quite probable that the person who may have taken Madeleine resided/ stayed very close to 5a during that week and their premises were not searched within the first 48 hrs, if at all.

But where is the evidence? Theories are fine but

Maybes and possibles have been done to death for 8 years by 3 police forces and several PI agencies not one solid piece of abduction evidence
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:55:05 PM by mercury »

Offline misty

« Reply #1592 on: January 03, 2016, 10:57:17 PM »
But where is the evidence?

Evidence of what? You can't find evidence if you're not searching in the right areas in the right timeframe.
The first searches were for a solo missing child on foot, nothing more.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1593 on: January 03, 2016, 11:00:42 PM »
Evidence of what? You can't find evidence if you're not searching in the right areas in the right timeframe.
The first searches were for a solo missing child on foot, nothing more.

What was wrong with that?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1594 on: May 28, 2016, 09:24:30 PM »
"Flat-owner Mrs M ... says Portuguese ­detectives did not even open one of the ­cupboards"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-holiday-flat-is-up-128688

Which cupboard is the owner talking about?
How does the owner know detectives didn't open it?
Does anyone have any better source for this statement by the owner please?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1595 on: May 29, 2016, 12:47:43 AM »
"Flat-owner Mrs M ... says Portuguese ­detectives did not even open one of the ­cupboards"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-holiday-flat-is-up-128688

Which cupboard is the owner talking about?
How does the owner know detectives didn't open it?
Does anyone have any better source for this statement by the owner please?

Flat-owner Mrs McCann – who says Portuguese ­detectives did not even open one of the ­cupboards – said: “I ­reacted with absolute horror and I felt ­immediate ­sympathy with her parents. Even now I think about Maddy frequently and wonder whether she will ever be found.”

Hmmm ... interesting Pegasus.
I think maybe the only way she could determine whether or not a cupboard had not been opened would be if it was locked and the key hadn't been accessed??   Storage cupboard, but where?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1596 on: May 29, 2016, 12:56:28 AM »
Flat-owner Mrs McCann – who says Portuguese ­detectives did not even open one of the ­cupboards – said: “I ­reacted with absolute horror and I felt ­immediate ­sympathy with her parents. Even now I think about Maddy frequently and wonder whether she will ever be found.”

I think maybe the only way she could determine whether or not a cupboard had not been opened would be if it was locked and the key hadn't been accessed??   Storage cupboard, but where?

You really do shoot yourself in the foot sometimes Brietta. While on the other thread you berated G-Unit's quotes from the files as 'incomplete and inaccurate' you now find 'interesting' a tabloid article with absolute no worth other than it fits your myopic view of the case

Utter hypocrisy.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1597 on: May 29, 2016, 01:07:46 AM »

Or does "Portuguese ­detectives did not even open one of the ­cupboards" mean
"Portuguese ­detectives did not open any of the ­cupboards"?

Alfie

« Reply #1598 on: May 29, 2016, 01:17:35 AM »

You really do shoot yourself in the foot sometimes Brietta. While on the other thread you berated G-Unit's quotes from the files as 'incomplete and inaccurate' you now find 'interesting' a tabloid article with absolute no worth other than it fits your myopic view of the case

Utter hypocrisy.
*irony klaxon*

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1599 on: May 29, 2016, 01:31:01 AM »

The GNR officers' statements said they did ??? even opened the washing machine ??? I think I am correct in remembering that.  However, I cannot believe that they did not search in all the obvious places such as cupboards and wardrobes even if you have your suspicions about the couch.

Mrs McCann could only have made that statement if she knew something was undisturbed.  Therefore a cupboard which was somewhere out of sight ... where, I have no idea because the apartment did not share the stair well.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1600 on: May 31, 2016, 12:28:24 AM »

That is exactly what it means and it is obviously a crock of the proverbial, placed there by someone else and not the flat owner. No brainer.

Whenever was the flat owner party to what the police did on the night? ANyone?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:32:49 AM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1601 on: May 31, 2016, 12:35:40 AM »
That is exactly what it means and it is obviously a crock of the proverbial, placed there by someone else and not the flat owner. No brainer.
But its actually true Merc, when the PJ officers arrived that night they did not search the apartment at all.
Anythink could have been concealed in a cupboard at 1 AM and the PJ would not have found it.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1602 on: May 31, 2016, 12:38:36 AM »
But its actually true Merc, when the PJ officers arrived that night they did not search the apartment at all.
Anythink could have been concealed in a cupboard at 1 AM and the PJ would not have found it.

Youre wrong, the police did nothng all night, remember? They just stood there, for show for hours then just left
(Cough)
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NELSON-DA-COSTA.htm
Then, with his colleague, he searched the apartment. He opened all the cupboards of the bedrooms, living room and kitchen and he checked under the beds and in the fridge. He did not see the washing machine. He did not see anything strange during the search and there was no sign of a break in. As regards the bed clothes of the child’s bed, he found it to have a normal disposition.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:59:41 AM by mercury »

Offline misty

« Reply #1603 on: May 31, 2016, 12:57:19 AM »

What about the GNR officer?

Processos Volume XII

Pages 3281 - 3284

Witness Statement

José María Batista Roque

Date: 17 – 10 - 2007

snip
"Then, while his colleague remained in the hall, and the others were in the living room, the witness went through the entire apartment. He opened all the cupboards in the bedrooms, living room and kitchen and checked under the beds and inside the washing machine. He did not see the fridge.

During the search he did not find anything strange apart from the bedclothes on Madeleine's bed, which were too tidy, it appeared that she had been picked up from or had left the bed with great care. There was a mark on the sheet that appeared to be made by a child's body."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:05:24 AM by ShiningInLuz »

stephen25000

« Reply #1604 on: May 31, 2016, 08:53:08 AM »
On  topic, the Mccanns stopped searching the morning after Madeleine disappeared.

After all, they were busy doing other things.

Cite, the interview with Jane Hill of the BBC.