Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411088 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1635 on: June 02, 2016, 10:46:29 PM »
Were there different stories for different people or was Mr Woolfall so busy talking to the media that he didn't have time to read the papers or watch TV?

October 2007;

Mr Woolfall says that he heard no suggestion in the early days that the girl had been snatched. "Certainly I did not hear any discussion that this could be a paedophile or an aggravated robbery. All the time I was around it was whether she could have wandered off and had an accident or somebody had actually taken her in, perhaps not with ill-intent.

"During the first 48 hours the word being used was 'missing' rather than 'abducted' or any link with a paedophile or any sort of crime. Towards the end of the second week I detected a shift towards there being a consciousness that she had probably been taken rather than wandered off, just on the assumption that anybody would have found her by now.".......

June Wright, Luz resident, speaking on the Channel 4 dispatches documentary 'Searching for Madeleine':
"I arrived at the Ocean Club reception at around about 10 to 11 and at the time that we arrived a police car arrived - and as the police officer got out a man approached him, who I now know is Gerry McCann and said that his daughter had been abducted. That there was no way that she could have opened the shutters herself, she'd definitely been taken."
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id65.html

Indeed! we have different versions which throws people. Kate claimed she knew what happened to her right away BUT they were searching for  a  missing child not an abducted one. AND they were pointing to a jemmid shutter/open window no mention of unlocked doors at that point. AND then Jane Tanner who was too afraid to mention before( in case she upset anyone) fessed up she saw the abductor carry maddie away-even though when she was witnessing this at the time she didn't think it was Maddie being abducted... hmm
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1636 on: June 02, 2016, 11:08:00 PM »
The searches were based on a strategy of searching in "rescue and recovery mode" to locate the missing girl alive or if dead, not as a victim of crime. This search phase lasted for 7 days from the date M McCann went missing.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARK_HARRISON.htm

I'm puzzled by this.

Madeleine wasn't searched for "as a victim of crime" for 7 days ... under the circumstances of her disappearance, why ever not?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1637 on: June 02, 2016, 11:19:40 PM »
Imo it sounds like woke and wondered and got lost/befell an accident, for example, the roadworks being checked to see if she had fallen down a manhole

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1638 on: June 02, 2016, 11:33:36 PM »
Imo it sounds like woke and wondered and got lost/befell an accident, for example, the roadworks being checked to see if she had fallen down a manhole

The golden hours, Mercury?

Immediately there was no result from the necessary preliminary searches ... a missing child protocol should have been implemented. 

If it took seven days ... that is seven days too long.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1639 on: June 03, 2016, 12:02:15 AM »

Immediately there was no result from the necessary preliminary searches ... a missing child protocol should have been implemented. 

They searched all night, although you thought they didn't. Then they continued for seven days. They being the GNR because that's their area of responsibility.

The PJ were doing other things. I can't be bothered finding the details for you of what they did, but it's in the files if you care to research it.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline mercury

« Reply #1640 on: June 03, 2016, 12:30:45 AM »

I was answering your question with what I thught the statement you quoted meant, I dont see anyway how a search for a non victim or victm of crime changes the search??

Offline insider

« Reply #1641 on: June 03, 2016, 12:38:03 AM »
Apologies if I sound a bit rusty on the subject of the searches but I read recently that the McCanns intend to search for Madeleine again.  What the hell have they been doing these last 9 years?
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1642 on: June 03, 2016, 12:48:02 AM »
These apartments are tiny with only so many hiding places, I would think 5a could have been searched thoroughly in a matter of minutes by two police officers.
But the GNR officer did not search the apartment fully.
It happens in many documented cases -  someone finds the missing child - hours later - in the residence.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1643 on: June 03, 2016, 12:53:15 AM »
They searched all night, although you thought they didn't. Then they continued for seven days. They being the GNR because that's their area of responsibility.

The PJ were doing other things. I can't be bothered finding the details for you of what they did, but it's in the files if you care to research it.

I did not think nor did I say they did not search through the night ... on another thread ... on the same subject ... I have used the same quote you did.

Goncalo Amaral became co-ordinator of Madeleine's case on the night she vanished ... he was informed of the disappearance while he was at dinner.

He was in charge of the investigation from that point.

Offline misty

« Reply #1644 on: June 03, 2016, 12:54:18 AM »
But the GNR officer did not search the apartment fully.
It happens in many documented cases -  someone finds the missing child - hours later - in the residence.

The apartment was ablaze with light when the CSI officers were there.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1645 on: June 03, 2016, 12:56:06 AM »
Apologies if I sound a bit rusty on the subject of the searches but I read recently that the McCanns intend to search for Madeleine again.  What the hell have they been doing these last 9 years?

Searching ... using private detectives and attempting to have official searches and the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance started again.  In this they were successful.

Offline insider

« Reply #1646 on: June 03, 2016, 01:01:34 AM »
Searching ... using private detectives and attempting to have official searches and the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance started again.  In this they were successful.

They have a strange notion of what searching means.   Did they ever think of getting off their backsides and doing some proper searching in portugal?

Offline misty

« Reply #1647 on: June 03, 2016, 01:05:00 AM »
They have a strange notion of what searching means.   Did they ever think of getting off their backsides and doing some proper searching in portugal?

What would you have recommended?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1648 on: June 03, 2016, 01:11:19 AM »

As a matter of fact ...

Kate McCann: 'I return to Praia da Luz resort at least once a year to look for Madeleine'
Margaret Davis and Jamie Grierson
PUBLISHED
01/05/2014 |

The mother of missing Madeleine McCann has revealed that she privately returns to the Portuguese resort where her daughter disappeared to "walk those streets" and "look for answers".

Ahead of the seventh anniversary of her daughter's disappearance, Kate McCann told the BBC that she returns "quietly" to Praia da Luz at least once or twice a year to feel close to her eldest daughter.
Madeleine, then aged three, went missing on May 3 2007 from a holiday apartment in the Algarve village as her parents dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.

Asked if she would return to Praia da Luz, Mrs McCann said: "I do go back. I haven't been since last April but I do go back for personal reasons. I might once or twice a year."
She went on: "It's difficult because we don't want to go back and generate publicity because I know that local people don't like that... and, while we have some really good friends in Praia da Luz, I know some people would like it to go away.

"So when I go to Praia da Luz, I go quietly."

Asked if the visits were a chance to be close to Madeleine, Mrs McCann said: "It is - that was the last place we were with Madeleine, and I'll still walk those streets and I guess try look for answers. It helps me."

Asked what she and husband Gerry would do to mark the seventh anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, she said: "We usually have a small gathering in the village, which we've done the last so many years."
But she added that it was Madeleine's birthday, which comes shortly afterwards and would see her turn 11, that was more difficult.

Mrs McCann's comments came as she backed a revamped alert system triggered when missing children are kidnapped or their lives are at risk - known as Child Rescue Alerts.
She said: ''When a child is abducted, families are devastated and entire communities are torn apart. The agony of not knowing where your child is is almost impossible to imagine. The helplessness is at times overwhelming.

''But there is now something we can all do to help. Please sign up to receive alerts - you could save a child's life.''
She also spoke of how she would prefer to know the truth about what happened to her daughter, even if it is ''the worst-case scenario''.

She told The Sun: ''If it was down to not knowing, or finding out news that isn't what you want to hear? At the end of the day I can't change that. What would you rather?
"I'm not under-estimating the blow of hearing bad news that your child has been killed, because obviously we're not going to go 'OK, at least we know'. But I've spent hours thinking about that and, each time, I still come up thinking we need to know. Regardless, we need to know.''

She went on: ''But there is always the worst-case scenario. That's always been a possibility and anyone who thinks that we're blinkered doesn't know us.''
The new system will allow alerts to be issued via text, email, social media, digital billboards and to the media.

Members of the public can already sign up to receive alerts, although the new system will come into play on International Missing Children's Day on May 25.

A Child Rescue Alert was recently used in the hunt for murdered five-year-old April Jones, and the system is designed to make the most of the ''golden hours'' after a child goes missing.
Charlie Hedges, from the National Crime Agency, who helped co-ordinate the appeals, said: ''The success of Child Rescue Alert is down to each and every one of us. I've already been encouraged by the wide range of organisations who have joined us in partnership to offer their support and help launch this invaluable tool.

''Now it's down to the public to sign up for the alerts so we can send the message as widely as possible when a child goes missing.''

Jo Youle, chief executive of the charity Missing People, said ''Every minute after their disappearance is crucial to bringing a child home safely. Child Rescue Alert will now mean the public and companies can help - and hopefully save these children's lives.''
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/kate-mccann-i-return-to-praia-da-luz-resort-at-least-once-a-year-to-look-for-madeleine-30235604.html

Offline insider

« Reply #1649 on: June 03, 2016, 01:12:00 AM »
What would you have recommended?

Going to portugal and searching at every opportunity of course.