Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411119 times)

Offline insider

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1650 on: June 03, 2016, 01:13:06 AM »
As a matter of fact ...

Kate McCann: 'I return to Praia da Luz resort at least once a year to look for Madeleine'
Margaret Davis and Jamie Grierson
PUBLISHED
01/05/2014 |

The mother of missing Madeleine McCann has revealed that she privately returns to the Portuguese resort where her daughter disappeared to "walk those streets" and "look for answers".

Ahead of the seventh anniversary of her daughter's disappearance, Kate McCann told the BBC that she returns "quietly" to Praia da Luz at least once or twice a year to feel close to her eldest daughter.
Madeleine, then aged three, went missing on May 3 2007 from a holiday apartment in the Algarve village as her parents dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.

Asked if she would return to Praia da Luz, Mrs McCann said: "I do go back. I haven't been since last April but I do go back for personal reasons. I might once or twice a year."
She went on: "It's difficult because we don't want to go back and generate publicity because I know that local people don't like that... and, while we have some really good friends in Praia da Luz, I know some people would like it to go away.

"So when I go to Praia da Luz, I go quietly."

Asked if the visits were a chance to be close to Madeleine, Mrs McCann said: "It is - that was the last place we were with Madeleine, and I'll still walk those streets and I guess try look for answers. It helps me."

Asked what she and husband Gerry would do to mark the seventh anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, she said: "We usually have a small gathering in the village, which we've done the last so many years."
But she added that it was Madeleine's birthday, which comes shortly afterwards and would see her turn 11, that was more difficult.

Mrs McCann's comments came as she backed a revamped alert system triggered when missing children are kidnapped or their lives are at risk - known as Child Rescue Alerts.
She said: ''When a child is abducted, families are devastated and entire communities are torn apart. The agony of not knowing where your child is is almost impossible to imagine. The helplessness is at times overwhelming.

''But there is now something we can all do to help. Please sign up to receive alerts - you could save a child's life.''
She also spoke of how she would prefer to know the truth about what happened to her daughter, even if it is ''the worst-case scenario''.

She told The Sun: ''If it was down to not knowing, or finding out news that isn't what you want to hear? At the end of the day I can't change that. What would you rather?
"I'm not under-estimating the blow of hearing bad news that your child has been killed, because obviously we're not going to go 'OK, at least we know'. But I've spent hours thinking about that and, each time, I still come up thinking we need to know. Regardless, we need to know.''

She went on: ''But there is always the worst-case scenario. That's always been a possibility and anyone who thinks that we're blinkered doesn't know us.''
The new system will allow alerts to be issued via text, email, social media, digital billboards and to the media.

Members of the public can already sign up to receive alerts, although the new system will come into play on International Missing Children's Day on May 25.

A Child Rescue Alert was recently used in the hunt for murdered five-year-old April Jones, and the system is designed to make the most of the ''golden hours'' after a child goes missing.
Charlie Hedges, from the National Crime Agency, who helped co-ordinate the appeals, said: ''The success of Child Rescue Alert is down to each and every one of us. I've already been encouraged by the wide range of organisations who have joined us in partnership to offer their support and help launch this invaluable tool.

''Now it's down to the public to sign up for the alerts so we can send the message as widely as possible when a child goes missing.''

Jo Youle, chief executive of the charity Missing People, said ''Every minute after their disappearance is crucial to bringing a child home safely. Child Rescue Alert will now mean the public and companies can help - and hopefully save these children's lives.''
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/kate-mccann-i-return-to-praia-da-luz-resort-at-least-once-a-year-to-look-for-madeleine-30235604.html

WOW!!   thats big of her.  Once a year!  Sounds more like someone making a pilgrimage than a search.
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1651 on: June 03, 2016, 01:13:36 AM »

Going to portugal and searching at every opportunity of course.

Which is precisely what has been done  %£&)**#
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1652 on: June 03, 2016, 01:13:58 AM »
The apartment was ablaze with light when the CSI officers were there.
But was every cubic foot of the apartment ablaze with light Misty?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1653 on: June 03, 2016, 01:17:25 AM »
As a matter of fact ...

Kate McCann: 'I return to Praia da Luz resort at least once a year to look for Madeleine'
Margaret Davis and Jamie Grierson
PUBLISHED
01/05/2014 |

The mother of missing Madeleine McCann has revealed that she privately returns to the Portuguese resort where her daughter disappeared to "walk those streets" and "look for answers".

Ahead of the seventh anniversary of her daughter's disappearance, Kate McCann told the BBC that she returns "quietly" to Praia da Luz at least once or twice a year to feel close to her eldest daughter.
Madeleine, then aged three, went missing on May 3 2007 from a holiday apartment in the Algarve village as her parents dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.

Asked if she would return to Praia da Luz, Mrs McCann said: "I do go back. I haven't been since last April but I do go back for personal reasons. I might once or twice a year."
She went on: "It's difficult because we don't want to go back and generate publicity because I know that local people don't like that... and, while we have some really good friends in Praia da Luz, I know some people would like it to go away.

"So when I go to Praia da Luz, I go quietly."

Asked if the visits were a chance to be close to Madeleine, Mrs McCann said: "It is - that was the last place we were with Madeleine, and I'll still walk those streets and I guess try look for answers. It helps me."

Asked what she and husband Gerry would do to mark the seventh anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, she said: "We usually have a small gathering in the village, which we've done the last so many years."
But she added that it was Madeleine's birthday, which comes shortly afterwards and would see her turn 11, that was more difficult.

Mrs McCann's comments came as she backed a revamped alert system triggered when missing children are kidnapped or their lives are at risk - known as Child Rescue Alerts.
She said: ''When a child is abducted, families are devastated and entire communities are torn apart. The agony of not knowing where your child is is almost impossible to imagine. The helplessness is at times overwhelming.

''But there is now something we can all do to help. Please sign up to receive alerts - you could save a child's life.''
She also spoke of how she would prefer to know the truth about what happened to her daughter, even if it is ''the worst-case scenario''.

She told The Sun: ''If it was down to not knowing, or finding out news that isn't what you want to hear? At the end of the day I can't change that. What would you rather?
"I'm not under-estimating the blow of hearing bad news that your child has been killed, because obviously we're not going to go 'OK, at least we know'. But I've spent hours thinking about that and, each time, I still come up thinking we need to know. Regardless, we need to know.''

She went on: ''But there is always the worst-case scenario. That's always been a possibility and anyone who thinks that we're blinkered doesn't know us.''
The new system will allow alerts to be issued via text, email, social media, digital billboards and to the media.

Members of the public can already sign up to receive alerts, although the new system will come into play on International Missing Children's Day on May 25.

A Child Rescue Alert was recently used in the hunt for murdered five-year-old April Jones, and the system is designed to make the most of the ''golden hours'' after a child goes missing.
Charlie Hedges, from the National Crime Agency, who helped co-ordinate the appeals, said: ''The success of Child Rescue Alert is down to each and every one of us. I've already been encouraged by the wide range of organisations who have joined us in partnership to offer their support and help launch this invaluable tool.

''Now it's down to the public to sign up for the alerts so we can send the message as widely as possible when a child goes missing.''

Jo Youle, chief executive of the charity Missing People, said ''Every minute after their disappearance is crucial to bringing a child home safely. Child Rescue Alert will now mean the public and companies can help - and hopefully save these children's lives.''
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/kate-mccann-i-return-to-praia-da-luz-resort-at-least-once-a-year-to-look-for-madeleine-30235604.html

BRietta that is proof of meditation not searching!!!

I dont thnk for a second KM can "search" literally for Madeleine so dont see the point of your post..in fact KM says in her book she searched for an hour...thats it

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1654 on: June 03, 2016, 01:19:22 AM »
Visiting a politician's office in Lisbon is not what I call searching.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1655 on: June 03, 2016, 01:22:02 AM »
A question for those who claim the GNR officer completely searched the apartment.
Exactly how many wardrobe doors did he open?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1656 on: June 03, 2016, 01:24:36 AM »
A question for those who claim the GNR officer completely searched the apartment.
Exactly how many wardrobe doors did he open?

Get their ikea receipts pegs lol

She wasnt there

And if she was wh were the people whoremoved her later..poor little Madelene....its true the little 3 year old is forgotten sometimes
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:27:41 AM by mercury »

Offline insider

« Reply #1657 on: June 03, 2016, 01:25:37 AM »

I asked you who by Brietta. I dont expect a warning for asking a simple question.

I might have been away for a while but I do follow the news and the only searching I recall recently was done by Redwood two years ago.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:28:47 AM by insider »
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1658 on: June 03, 2016, 01:27:00 AM »
BRietta that is proof of meditation not searching!!!

I dont thnk for a second KM can "search" literally for Madeleine so dont see the point of your post..in fact KM says in her book she searched for an hour...thats it

What can she do, Mercury?  Apart from going to Luz and walking in the places she last walked with her daughter?

What exactly is it that the people who criticise her for not looking for Madeleine expect her to do?  She managed to get Scotland Yard and the Policia Judiciaria on the job against all the odds ... I would say that is pretty impressive.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1659 on: June 03, 2016, 01:35:32 AM »
What can she do, Mercury?  Apart from going to Luz and walking in the places she last walked with her daughter?

What exactly is it that the people who criticise her for not looking for Madeleine expect her to do?  She managed to get Scotland Yard and the Policia Judiciaria on the job against all the odds ... I would say that is pretty impressive.

Thats why i said it was meditation and other said pilgrimage, it wasnt exactly searchng as you posted
Yes it is quite impressive that she and her hubby got the pm to agree to the sy getting involved but theyd been surrounded by hgh powered people and many celebrities and the british media from the off and rich backers so maybe not that impressive
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:37:58 AM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1660 on: June 03, 2016, 01:43:14 AM »
Get their ikea receipts pegs lol

She wasnt there

And if she was wh were the people whoremoved her later..poor little Madelene....its true the little 3 year old is forgotten sometimes
If police didn't open all 16 wardrobe doors in the apartment it was an incomplete search Merc.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:03:52 AM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1661 on: June 03, 2016, 01:46:37 AM »
If police didn't open all 16 wardrobe doors it was an incomplete search Merc.

But kate opened them all she said

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1662 on: June 03, 2016, 02:02:00 AM »
Who did search behind the sofa? No-one mentions doing that in their statement.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1663 on: June 03, 2016, 02:08:44 AM »
Who did search behind the sofa? No-one mentions doing that in their statement.
No one
Unless its in KMs book
Your catterpilla approach is not working because mnths on its not moving lol pegs

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1664 on: June 03, 2016, 02:27:41 AM »
No one
Unless its in KMs book
Your catterpilla approach is not working because mnths on its not moving lol pegs
Does everyone agree that at least one person that night must have pulled the sofa out to search behind it?
If so, why did that person then push the sofa all the way back against the wall?
To pull the sofa out makes sense - to search behind it.
But to then push it back makes no sense at all.